• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter Community Thread - OSU!

Bhavi seemed like less of a douche this chapter. Makes me wonder if he's a nicer guy than we thought... or if he just wants to feign empathy to lower Kurapika's guard.

I'm pretty sure Theta's not dead. She seemed too confident of her own safety in that last panel. It's possible that Tserried punched her or something though, hence the little blood splatter.

I wasn't expecting Momoze to be straight up strangled like that and having Oito witness that via roach vision. Oito gives zero fucks about Kurapika, damn.

I was expecting way worse, actually. For the first death of a prince, it was surprisingly tame!

Bhavi seemed like less of a douche this chapter. Makes me wonder if he's a nicer guy than we thought... or if he just wants to feign empathy to lower Kurapika's guard.

I'm pretty sure Theta's not dead. She seemed too confident of her own safety in that last panel. It's possible that Tserried punched her or something though, hence the little blood splatter.

I was expecting way worse, actually. For the first death of a prince, it was surprisingly tame!
Well I think they're trying to be discreet with the murders and Momoze is a little girl so her pretty much having her windpipe crushed is messed up, though as far as HxH goes that is pretty tame.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet

Totally off-topic here but thanks to your post I FINALLY realized what that acronym stands for.

Oh, and I guess to keep things on-topic I finally got around to watching the Chimera Ant Arc and find it pretty cool so far, around 108 now---I gotta ask, and I'm sure maybe if I watch a bit further they might explain, but was that the original personality of the dude Ikalgo was hiding in shining through with that random singing, or was that probably just Togashi suddenly deciding to make this cool sniper dude actually an octopus parasite and completely ditch his old personality?

Jigolo

Totally off-topic here but thanks to your post I FINALLY realized what that acronym stands for.

Oh, and I guess to keep things on-topic I finally got around to watching the Chimera Ant Arc and find it pretty cool so far, around 108 now---I gotta ask, and I'm sure maybe if I watch a bit further they might explain, but was that the original personality of the dude Ikalgo was hiding in shining through with that random singing, or was that probably just Togashi suddenly deciding to make this cool sniper dude actually an octopus parasite and completely ditch his old personality?

GEt out of here you fool!! Avoid this thread at all costs

Mael

I'm spoilering what Octo dude is in case you don't want to get spoiled
He can wear corpses and even use the abilities of the corpses it seems. So he was "wearing" that sniper dude corpse for some reason.

Also a shootout to how incredibly well thought out Knuckle is.
He's basically the stereotype school bully type with a heart of gold BUT since he spends so much time fighting, he's very good at dodging and his Nen is based on his incredible ability to avoid getting hit.
It's really genius when you think about it.

I'm spoilering what Octo dude is in case you don't want to get spoiled
He can wear corpses and even use the abilities of the corpses it seems. So he was "wearing" that sniper dude corpse for some reason.

Also a shootout to how incredibly well thought out Knuckle is.
He's basically the stereotype school bully type with a heart of gold BUT since he spends so much time fighting, he's very good at dodging and his Nen is based on his incredible ability to avoid getting hit.
It's really genius when you think about it.
He is also very good at running.

woopWOOP

I remember reading that Togashi reaaaaaally wanted to do another card battle manga of sorts. Could this be it?

So he was originally assigned to Momoze but is now guarding Marayam? Did I miss when him and Bisky were sent to the 13th prince?
Near the end of chapter 361. Queen mother said that her son's protection was more important than her daughter's safety and that she made those contracts for him anyway. Guess she really favours her son.

Kyuur

Pretty sure Leorio is down in the lower decks helping out the medical division with Cheadle. There's no way to get to the upper VIP levels without going through the steel bulkhead either.

Yeah I think you're right. A pipe dream I guess.

Yeah its hard to get a grip on him. Togashi has been doing quite a bit to try and show that Benjamin and co. aren't necessarily "evil" even if they intend to win the survival game, so he may just be happy with the info he's gathered and have some compassion for Oito.

It'd be cool if there was a plot twist and Theta attacked Tserriednich or something. She's probably dead though. :(

Euphony

Banned
Thanks to woopWOOP's comment, I remembered the scene with the 7th queen and the bodyguards.
KmToGxE.png

It was very vague about who was actually switching to guard Marayam instead of Momoze, but it seems like it this is where Hanzo may have been reassigned. So with this rescind my statement about that bodyguard relationship chart being wrong.

In context with what happened in the latest chapter, it honestly makes me think that the 7th queen may have played a part in the assassination of her daughter. She purposely removed some of Momoze's bodyguards and obviously favors her son.

Damn this fucking getting really good.

I wanna see what my boy Lucifer is up to tho, what a tease.

His Indoor Fish ability (assuming the original user isn't dead now) could be cause a complete cluster fuck this arc. Almost all of the damn ship is a closed room, the ship will soon have to fear the uncontrolled wrath of Quwrof (Togashi...you need to learn a bit more of English).

remz

Feel like Hanzo has more to add to the story them some random bodyguards so they're going to get iced. I'm worried about Theta tho.

I want to see Chrollo too, that was too much of a tease.

I hope there's a twist and Tserriednich's Hatsu isn't actually something deadly and murderous as he is. Though i'm not sure that is possible considering how Nen actually works...

I hope there's a twist and Tserriednich's Hatsu isn't actually something deadly and murderous as he is. Though i'm not sure that is possible considering how Nen actually works...

His progression has been pretty predictable, which is a little disappointing to me. I don't really see the connection between what is presented and the outcome. He has been presented as a cruel, arrogant, intellectually pretencious, sado masochist. I don't see how those qualities would convey any kind of nen genius or power. Maybe he is flukey? To be honest, I think it will be lame if his personal power is more than his brother, who is actually a trained soldier...Though I suppose the fact that this isn't organised as direct conflict at all may favour him. Otherwise he would probably be squashed.

Mael

I would suggest not underestimating Hanzo, he's not Hisoka but he's the closest as far as fighting abilities goes in the nen exam.
He's also a goddamn moron too but that's beside the point.

caliph95

I would suggest not underestimating Hanzo, he's not Hisoka but he's the closest as far as fighting abilities goes in the nen exam.
He's also a goddamn moron too but that's beside the point.
Which i think why people have little faith

To be fair Hanzo is probably a shonen protagonist, dumb but battle smart he's basically a Naruto character in HxH

RR30

I hope he gets cocky and either a spider or a zodiac get the pleasure of absolutely destroying him. Have we seen any of the zodiacs actually fight (not counting the 2 new members)?

Kyuur

All this Hanzo talk has me thinking: I thought we might get some Leorio perspective since Kurapika passed out (most likely not by previous discussion) but they might actually give the others in the bodyguard group focus while he's out, particularly Hanzo! It's the perfect set up.

His progression has been pretty predictable, which is a little disappointing to me. I don't really see the connection between what is presented and the outcome. He has been presented as a cruel, arrogant, intellectually pretencious, sado masochist. I don't see how those qualities would convey any kind of nen genius or power. Maybe he is flukey? To be honest, I think it will be lame if his personal power is more than his brother, who is actually a trained soldier...Though I suppose the fact that this isn't organised as direct conflict at all may favour him. Otherwise he would probably be squashed.

He may be pretentious but the implication is that he is incredibly intelligent. He's besties with the acclaimed Halkenburg (whose achievements they dedicated like two full pages to) so my best guess is that his brutality comes from simple boredom. Not unlike someone like Hisoka at all really.

Just found out that there is a character essentially named "Knee Paper" since I occasionally watch Tales of Nerdia videos. I'm not sure what's worse anymore. Gundam names or HxH names.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Stick Dinner is the best HxH name.

On a side note. I wonder if having a Nen beast created by the Kakin Jar is like a cheat code for learning Nen and might explain TerrorSandwich is able to learn the basics of Nen so fast. My thinking is the creation of a Nen Beast is sort of like forcibly opening ones pores but without getting blasted by a Nen attack or the other ways.

Mael

Which i think why people have little faith

To be fair Hanzo is probably a shonen protagonist, dumb but battle smart he's basically a Naruto character in HxH
Would make sense but there's absolutely no way a character that strong gets offed so easily by basically newbies.

I hope he gets cocky and either a spider or a zodiac get the pleasure of absolutely destroying him. Have we seen any of the zodiacs actually fight (not counting the 2 new members)?

Only Ging actually and we only saw him "steal" Leolio's nen...

All this Hanzo talk has me thinking: I thought we might get some Leorio perspective since Kurapika passed out (most likely not by previous discussion) but they might actually give the others in the bodyguard group focus while he's out, particularly Hanzo! It's the perfect set up.

He may be pretentious but the implication is that he is incredibly intelligent. He's besties with the acclaimed Halkenburg (whose achievements they dedicated like two full pages to) so my best guess is that his brutality comes from simple boredom. Not unlike someone like Hisoka at all really.

Sure the implication may be there, but not much proof. And being a sadist because you are board, just reinforces that he comes across as a sado-masochist psycho with pseudo-intellectual pretentions...which is probably what Togashi is going for. I don't think he is much like Hisoka though. Tserrid picks on the weak and vulnerable, Hisoka concerns himself with the strong. In terms of logic, I am not sure how the traits he has exhibited leads to any indication that he would be a formidable oppontent in battle. But then that is why there are so many handicaps for Kurapica this arc, otherwise he would destroy him.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

On a side note. I wonder if having a Nen beast created by the Kakin Jar is like a cheat code for learning Nen and might explain TerrorSandwich is able to learn the basics of Nen so fast. My thinking is the creation of a Nen Beast is sort of like forcibly opening ones pores but without getting blasted by a Nen attack or the other ways.

The beasts are clearly feeding on their aura, so that makes sense. What we've seen so far does lead to one question though: are the princes really better off learning Nen? It seems that the beasts taking action saps a huge amount of aura, that girl was drained of her aura really fast, and Nen abilities tend to use a lot of aura.

They might be able to learn the basics and technique quickly, but stamina tends to be something that needs to be built up over time. All these princes trying to learn Nen for the first time could well be setting themselves up for failure given that reality.

kirblar

The beasts are clearly feeding on their aura, so that makes sense. What we've seen so far does lead to one question though: are the princes really better off learning Nen? It seems that the beasts taking action saps a huge amount of aura, that girl was drained of her aura really fast, and Nen abilities tend to use a lot of aura.

They might be able to learn the basics and technique quickly, but stamina tends to be something that needs to be built up over time. All these princes trying to learn Nen for the first time could well be setting themselves up for failure given that reality.
Yeah, beyond learning the basics in order to defend themselves, it's probably a bad idea. Pretty good chance this does in Tseidenreich.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah, beyond learning the basics in order to defend themselves, it's probably a bad idea. Pretty good chance this does in Tseidenreich.

Even learning the basics for self-defense might be a mistake. I mean, look how long it took Gon and Killua to build up the needed stamina to engage in a serious Nen fight. We're talking weeks of hard training.

Even using basic Nen moves can be draining if you don't have the stamina for it and with that beast draining his aura constantly...well, I can't imagine this ends well for him. Especially if he tries to make a hatsu and use it.

Shinriji

Even learning the basics for self-defense might be a mistake. I mean, look how long it took Gon and Killua to build up the needed stamina to engage in a serious Nen fight. We're talking weeks of hard training.

Even using basic Nen moves can be draining if you don't have the stamina for it and with that beast draining his aura constantly...well, I can't imagine this ends well for him. Especially if he tries to make a hatsu and use it.

But Tsenreich, besides being a nen prodigy, also will have huge, once-in-a-millenia ammounts of aura.

Just watch.

Hanzo should be a beast by now, I hope to see him fight.
Outside of Gon, Killua. Leeorio and Kurapika. Are any of the characters stronger than when they were introduced? I think outside of Netero training for Meruem I kind of just assumed that these people just stagnated power wise.

HStallion

I could also see Theta "training" him incorrectly. Like not telling him the truth about making conditions for powers, about how badly they can backfire.

Lulubop

Lucifer's ability seems more effective but we don't know at what cost.

You right tho. Unlike scrubs like Pokkle, Hanzo was pretty adapt... like really adapt and even got the basics of nen down faster than Killua and Gon. Also noted as having a powerful aura, I don't think he'll be jobber made.

caliph95

Outside of Gon, Killua. Leeorio and Kurapika. Are any of the characters stronger than when they were introduced? I think outside of Netero training for Meruem I kind of just assumed that these people just stagnated power wise.
Hanzo was already a skilled fighter and a ninja at the start just a bit of a dumb ass. He could have easily beaten his opponents he just tortured them to make it quicker

He's pretty much adult Killua and he probably learned nen. So he should be pretty strong

I could also see Theta "training" him incorrectly. Like not telling him the truth about making conditions for powers, about how badly they can backfire.
She can't completely lie thanks to that bastard Killua but she.can try and find about the severity and slow him down

upandaway

I don't think she can do anything except her best teaching job. She can't risk the beast sniffing it out (and heck, I'm not sure Tserried even needs the beast to sniff that out).

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I don't think she can do anything except her best teaching job. She can't risk the beast sniffing it out (and heck, I'm not sure Tserried even needs the beast to sniff that out).

She might be able to avoid telling him about Nen-types, but that's about it.

You've done it, HStallion. That needs to be his fan-nickname now

Kyuur

Sure the implication may be there, but not much proof. And being a sadist because you are board, just reinforces that he comes across as a sado-masochist psycho with pseudo-intellectual pretentions...which is probably what Togashi is going for. I don't think he is much like Hisoka though. Tserrid picks on the weak and vulnerable, Hisoka concerns himself with the strong. In terms of logic, I am not sure how the traits he has exhibited leads to any indication that he would be a formidable oppontent in battle. But then that is why there are so many handicaps for Kurapica this arc, otherwise he would destroy him.

His team got through the hunter exam, so there's that for his intelligence. I wouldn't argue that he only picks on the weak either, he very clearly makes Benjamin his enemy from the get-go and intends to crush him. Killing defenseless women is just his hobby!

My response was to him not having any qualities that made him a good candidate for Nen, not battle readiness. He's driven, intelligent, and passionate: I think he's basically a perfect candidate. Komugi or the counterfeiting guy would not be people you'd consider formidable either but there's no doubt they would excel in Nen if someone came around to teach them.

HStallion

His team got through the hunter exam, so there's that for his intelligence. I wouldn't argue that he only picks on the weak either, he very clearly makes Benjamin his enemy from the get-go and intends to crush him. Killing defenseless women is just his hobby!

My response was to him not having any qualities that made him a good candidate for Nen, not battle readiness. He's driven, intelligent, and passionate: I think he's basically a perfect candidate. Komugi or the counterfeiting guy would not be people you'd consider formidable either but there's no doubt they would excel in Nen if someone came around to teach them.

Wasn't Komugi using Nen in her later games against the King? He even points out her "awakening" which I assumed was her tapping into her Nen through her life long passion and mastery of Gungi.

Kyuur

Wasn't Komugi using Nen in her later games against the King? He even points out her "awakening" which I assumed was her tapping into her Nen through her life long passion and mastery of Gungi.

She was, which even furthers my point: she learned it on her own despite being frail/sickly. If she had a proper teacher she likely would have developed it very quickly, you don't need to be strong in the traditional sense to be well suited to Nen, just intensely passionate about something like Tserriednich is about his "art" and worldview.

It looks to me that me that Tserriednich already knew nen and he is just cruelly toying with Theta. It's unlikely that he never heard of it before, and consider that his blood brother learned it somehow.

Euphony

Banned
DEAD

I want that too, but i kinda want Kurapika to end him/expose him as the shit he is. Wasn't that his actual purpose in the arc? i forgot.

Kurapika's main purpose is to get the rest of the scarlet eyes, which Tserriednich has. I'm not sure Kurapika's main goal is to expose the prince for who he is, but if that's how he gets the eyes then so be it.

I'd love to see Tserriednich, for all of his prodigal Nen skills, get completely demolished by someone like Chrollo.

Top Bottom