• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan Season 2 |OT| NO MANGA TALK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attack on Titan 30

Damn, those titan fights looked so fucking good.

Next episode will be the episode. If you haven't caught up, now would be the time.

Damn, the part where the others come to rescue them was done really well. It's seriously cool to see the young characters we've known from the beginning do cool shit like Levi's squad would do.

HardRojo

I really hope we get more information regarding Ymir's background and why she is a Titan, otherwise what we got today about her was a whole lot of nothing. That it not to say I didn't enjoy the episode, I think it was great, the stuff about Ymir's backstory is unrelated and as I said, hopefully we'll know more about it in future episodes. Like the fact that Reiner recognized her Titan form, her being able to read some kind of language and why she is a Titan.
Haven't been watching previews this season and this week will be no different.

By the way, why is she dead now? Shouldn't she be able to regenerate like pretty much everyone else does? I mean, Eren lost a freaking arm and a leg last season I believe and he was fine after transforming.

By the way, why is she dead now? Shouldn't she be able to regenerate like pretty much everyone else does? I mean, Eren lost a freaking arm and a leg last season I believe and he was fine after transforming.

It is possible that she didn't regenerate because she didn't have enough "will" or "intent".

In Season 1, Eren didn't regenerate until he wanted to pick up the spoon, although his tooth grew back after Levi's bludgeoning in court, so idk. We don't really know the full mechanism of human-titans, so we'll see.

Krista didn't cry or anything so maybe she just went unconscious like Eren after all his transformations? Also Hange didn't freak out.

Crocodile

Ymir's not dead. I dunno why you guys would think that.

Hole in stomach + missing limbs + she isn't about to turn into a Titan again to regenerate = easy to die due to trauma or blood loss. Considering you're in "the know", I'll take your post as a sign that she survives though.

xam3l

kDhGugq.png

I was like:
VV3QkCg.gif

It's always funny to me to see the 3DM gear in action. It's so much style over substance. Like... from where the hell are they being hook up? It was in open field with trees nearby and with the two towers already destroyed, even then notice the wires being almost vertical, hanging up from the sky magically :p

mMcem7g.png

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
It's always funny to me to see the 3DM gear in action. It's so much style over substance. Like... from where the hell are the being hook up? It was in open field with trees nearby and with the two towers already destroyed, even then notice the wires being almost vertical, hanging up from the sky magically :p

mMcem7g.png
Eren was offering the wires of his 3DM as a sacrifice so others could rappel off him.

LotusHD

Banned
It's always funny to me to see the 3DM gear in action. It's so much style over substance. Like... from where the hell are the being hook up? It was in open field with trees nearby and with the two towers already destroyed, even then notice the wires being almost vertical, hanging up from the sky magically :p

mMcem7g.png

Reminds me of a Spiderman game

InsaneMonkey

Neo Member
If Ymir jumped off that cliff and shifted into a titan, wouldn't there be that lightning strike thing which would make it visible to everyone, especially at night?

KarmaCow

If Ymir jumped off that cliff and shifted into a titan, wouldn't there be that lightning strike thing which would make it visible to everyone, especially at night?

I guess, but even if she did transform back before they got saved, she had the same creepy vestigial tendrils on her that Eren had, so it's not like they were even trying to hide that she turned into a Titan.

edit: oh you mean in the flashback, nevermind

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
There was low visibility cause of the blizzard and krista was under the snow when the flash occurred so she couldn't see it.

It's always funny to me to see the 3DM gear in action. It's so much style over substance. Like... from where the hell are they being hook up? It was in open field with trees nearby and with the two towers already destroyed, even then notice the wires being almost vertical, hanging up from the sky magically :p

:p Maybe another titan?

Large gif:
Speaking of which, this scene is so cool even though it's a balantly CG tower.

But Continuity error: Ymir was pulling blocks from spot higher than any of the titans, but the tower collapse at waist level for some at the end.
Let's say Ymir is behind that block on the right in the last shot, then wouldn't the tower fall the other way?

Surprisingly for an episode that had titan-on-titan action this felt ponderous throughout, after a few weeks of stylishly presented mystery and intrigue this week fell (and felt) flat.

Hey Annie Ymir is a Titan... but you can't question her because she's wrapped in crystal dead. Sorry.

^ Pulling this again was particularly lame -_-

TarNaru33

Banned
Surprisingly for an episode that had titan-on-titan action this felt ponderous throughout, after a few weeks of stylishly presented mystery and intrigue this week fell (and felt) flat.

Hey Annie Ymir is a Titan... but you can't question her because she's wrapped in crystal dead. Sorry.

^ Pulling this again was particularly lame -_-

I am pretty sure she isn't dead... She lost an arm and leg, same as Eren. No way she died, since he easily got those back. I am going to assume she is acting like it took too much of a toll on her exactly so she can delay questioning.

EDIT: If she is dead, then lol, cause then how did Eren survive his wounds when he didn't even tourniquet it.

I am pretty sure she isn't dead... She lost an arm and leg, same as Eren. No way she died, since he easily got those back. I am going to assume she is acting like it took too much of a toll on her exactly so she can delay questioning.

EDIT: If she is dead, then lol, cause then how did Eren survive his wounds when he didn't even tourniquet it.

Might just be unconscious from overexertion. Eren literally did it every time he transformed.

There were also times where Eren did not heal (ie before he picked up the spoon). Ymir did have a chunk of her torso gone, so more severe than anything Eren had.

However judging how it was presented, she's probably dead.

HardRojo

That's been this whole season. Such a joke.

Things are happening, we're just not privy to them all just yet, I like it. But I gotta agree if that's it for Ymir then that was a shitty way to treat her and whatever backstory she has, so unless they develop on it later, I will be disappointed by her character.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I know y'all saw that. On the tower. I saw it. I figured something major out and I didn't read the manga.

n9CBcsJ.png
Not like it matters since the episode has aired, but spoiler image tag doesn't work on mobile.

Is he about to bite himself to transform into a titan too?!?! How many titans does this recruit class have?!?!

Xbro

Okay that's a stretch. Try getting a gif of the moment and see if that's just a couple frames where that's happening.

Okay that's a stretch. Try getting a gif of the moment and see if that's just a couple frames where that's happening.

It's not just that moment though. Rewatch the episode and watch their reactions to some things that are being said and things that are happening. Something is up.

pbayne

That bit in the snow was kind of dull as i remembered it. The drawback of not giving these characters any time in season one then having to hastily cobble together some character for them.

Second half was glorious though. Looks so good. Very hyped for next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom