• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I want a really good chair for my desk. What are good chairs?

At Home in my room

I’m tired of the $100 chair I got from Ikea 5 years ago that I bought on an impulse that wasn’t on sale.

I’m willing to pay for quality, comfort, durable.

bicen

Neo Member
I’ll second the steel case. That, or a Herman Miller. Two chairs that you would purchase for life. Very expensive, so check craigslist for businesses selling them lightly used.

Ptaaty

Herman Miller gets my vote. I have one at work - same chair for over 10 years (13?) and it performs exactly the same at the day I got it. I did have the adjustable backrest crack...no biggie, just slid on a replacement.

I've seriously been through 3 chairs at least in my home office during the same time. None compared for comfort...and now my 3rd is showing wear and tear....and they get used maybe 1/3 to 1/4 as often. I wish I would have just spent $500 off the bat.

I think I have this one...but maybe the newer style is better, who knows? The Aeron's are good though.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0195AKAEG/?tag=neogaf0e-20

beat

I have a Herman Miller Aeron I bought ages ago. They have a 12 year warranty, which is great. I don't know if the warranty transfers if you buy it used, but you will save a lot of money if you buy used.

I bought a used Humanscale Freedom a while ago. It's not as breathable as the mesh of an Aeron, but having a headrest is very nice and having armrests that are always at the same height as each other makes me happy.

Both are great; I would recommend both but the Freedom is very expensive when new.

I work from home and have had back problems in the past so I bought a Herman Miller Embody a couple years ago and still love it.

bicen

Neo Member
What price should I get them at?

What model?

I'd say between 250 and 350. The Steelcase Leap or the Herman Miller Aeron. Be aware that there is a newer model of the Aeron/Leap and some prefer the older model while others prefer the new one. So if you can test the different models at a local store, I would highly suggest it before making a purchase!

Herman Miller Embody hands down

Embody, Aeron, what's the difference?

I see a used Herman Miller Aeron: Tilt Limiter, Lumbar Pad, Adjustable Arms, Size B for $275. Should I go for it?

It's getting sold because it's not getting used often.

What's a good chair with someone with non-standard posture? I have bad posture.

MEsoJD

Banned
I feel you op. If you want an office chair of good build quality, some what pricey, and doesn't look like a transformer. Give EuroStyle Chairs a look.

This is mine:

Euro Style Dirk Leatherette Adjustable Office Chair

dirklbbrown01_3_1024x1024.jpg

http://https://www.amazon.com/Style-Leatherette-Adjustable-Office-Chromed/dp/B008F8A2G6

Swig_

I have a Leap. It's really nice, but it's not one of those super cushy chairs. It's ergonomic and meant for office work. I love it, but sometimes wish I could curl up in a big cushy chair sometimes.

It also has like a 12 or 14 year warranty. Most cheaper office chairs last a few years, max.

Top Bottom