• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianTom

Banned
This is why you should be the "Wii U E3 OT2" theadmaster. Because your first post would be epic and full of all my favourite movies.

Not a fan of Men in Tights, though. Did I make a mistake in not liking it as much as his other works?

I have a soft spot for a few of the actors in that movie, but it's not in my top tier of Mel Brooks movies. And interestingly enough, I have precisely zero gifs from that film!

TAS

My nomination for the title to the fifth thread is, "Wii U Speculation Thread V: Real News?! We don't need no stinkin' real news!

If that quote is paying homage to a certain three-letter movie from the 80's..it's twice as brilliant. ;)

I say we start with predictions. It'll be fun to see where the community was at this point in time.

Price?
Release date?
1st party launch titles?
Bullshit xbox360 multiplier equivalent?
E3 Surprise?

Your turn!

$300
November 18th looks likely
Pikmin 3, Wii U Sports, Retro's New IP, F-Zero Union(believe) and a Nintendo tech demo released as a game.
2? I honestly don't have an idea/don't care.
Complete Steam support and compatibility
. Haptics and a game that uses this as a gimmick(tech demo)

Nintendo WILL announce a new game during the investor conference, a big third party game.
Why so sure? I think we won't get any new WiiU news until E3.

I have a soft spot for a few of the actors in that movie, but it's not in my top tier of Mel Brooks movies. And interestingly enough, I have precisely zero gifs from that film!

There are a few that'd work in this thread, like the "I can see! *thunk* Nope, false alarm" bit.

I like Elwes a lot, on account of The Princess Bride.

Anth0ny

Honestly.. give me a percentage: what do you think the chances of such a thing are?

It'd be hysterical, but still.. so, so slim..

If they're willing to release FFXIII on Xbox 360 because of its market share in North America, why the hell wouldn't they put their games out on the new Nintendo console, which is sure to sell at least 10 quadrillion units in Japan?

When asked about Versus making an appearance on 360, Nomura said "Multiplatform is when you start development on a game with the assumption of optimizing for multiple platforms. Porting is something that's done after you've developed a game specifically for a particular platforms[sic]. The debate over porting is decided by the management based on the current market and the costs. All I can say right now as a developer is that Versus is being developed specifically for the PlayStation 3."

If they like money, they'd port it over to Wii U. Besides, Wii U will have a solid install base when Versus is complete in 2014 ;)

At the very least, I think we'll be seeing XIV getting a Wii U release at E3, alongside the PS3 version.

HylianTom

Banned
$300
November 18th looks likely
Pikmin 3, Wii U Sports, Retro's New IP, F-Zero Union(believe) and a Nintendo tech demo released as a game.
2? I honestly don't have an idea/don't care.
Complete Steam support and compatibility
. Haptics and a game that uses this as a gimmick(tech demo)

Why so sure? I think we won't get any new WiiU news until E3.

Man.. if that spoiler came true. Talk about a megabomb. I'd bet that you-know-who would be on stage to introduce/announce it in that event.

Linkhero1

I say we start with predictions. It'll be fun to see where the community was at this point in time.

Price?
Release date?
1st party launch titles?
Bullshit xbox360 multiplier equivalent?
E3 Surprise?

Your turn!

$299.99
November 11, 2012
Pikmin 3, Retro Game, NSMBMii, and Wii _____
2x
F-Zero Wii U produced by Nagoshi.

hatchx

Banned
Price? 279.99
Release date? Nov. 18th
1st party launch titles? Free Wii Sports/Play game. NSMB Infinite (draw the levels). Retro Studios game.
Bullshit xbox360 multiplier equivalent? Xbox 360 x 1.5
E3 Surprise? Blizzard support.

Price? $299 base sku, $399 with Nintendo branded hard drive
Release date? The Sunday before Black Friday, just like all their other consoles.
1st party launch titles? "Pikmin Armada"; that asymmetric Hunt Mii game (or whatever it was called); New Super Mario Bros Mii (maybe slightly delayed but in the launch window; that rumoured racing game)
Bullshit xbox360 multiplier equivalent? √(-1)
E3 Surprise? Not haptics. D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D:

HylianTom

Banned
There are a few that'd work in this thread, like the "I can see! *thunk* Nope, false alarm" bit.

I like Elwes a lot, on account of The Princess Bride.

The great thing about doing the thread? It'd be an excuse for me to do a Mel Brooks marathon with my boxed set on a long, rainy weekend. I'd pluck my favorite quotes that could be applicable, and I'd craft a masterpiece of an OT!

But it would have to be after E3. Oh yes.

Man.. if that spoiler came true. Talk about a megabomb. I'd bet that you-know-who would be on stage to introduce/announce it in that event.
That'd be absolutely epic, and it certainly would give Nintendo a great advantage. If only it would be true...

Now that's just...not right. You should expect something between E3, since you know Reggie said we'd hear more before E3. He's a trustworthy man, right?
Oh, right, I forgot about that interview... I guess that now I'll be looking forward to news like everyone else, there goes my sanity.

Price? 299.99
Release date? Nov. 18th
1st party launch titles? Built in WiiU capability showoff game, Retro game (if not this, some random mario title), possibly smaller title from nintendo as well
Bullshit xbox360 multiplier equivalent? Xbox 360 x 2 or 3
E3 Surprise? GTA5 + exclusive 3rd party title of some sort

here is my go

Price? $300, £240, 300Euro, 25k yen
Release date? early nov japan, 18 nov USA, first few days in december europe
1st party launch titles? WiiUsports, retro game, lego city sories,
Bullshit xbox360 multiplier equivalent? 5x
E3 Surprise? haptics

BurntPork

Banned
You already post overreactions, then mock people for overreacting in the same way. To double that, you'll need to overreact even harder and then mock yourself in addition to other people.

It's tough but I think you can do it.

I'll overreact to the overreactions of me overreacting to others overreacting to my overreactions.

What do i get if I accomplish this record, though?

Terrell

If they're willing to release FFXIII on Xbox 360 because of its market share in North America, why the hell wouldn't they put their games out on the new Nintendo console, which is sure to sell at least 10 quadrillion units in Japan?

When asked about Versus making an appearance on 360, Nomura said "Multiplatform is when you start development on a game with the assumption of optimizing for multiple platforms. Porting is something that's done after you've developed a game specifically for a particular platforms[sic]. The debate over porting is decided by the management based on the current market and the costs. All I can say right now as a developer is that Versus is being developed specifically for the PlayStation 3."

If they like money, they'd port it over to Wii U. Besides, Wii U will have a solid install base when Versus is complete in 2014 ;)

At the very least, I think we'll be seeing XIV getting a Wii U release at E3, alongside the PS3 version.

Never mind that Square Enix outright said they are considering Final Fantasy for WiiU after seeing its E3 2011 presentation. I've already stated that I don't think the matter is up for debate and we merely have to wait for the announcement.

HylianTom

Banned
We're already about 2% done with this thread. Maybe we should just run threads 4 and 5 simultaneously to balance the load.

Ludicrous.gif

Redford

aka Cabbie
We're already about 2% done with this thread. Maybe we should just run threads 4 and 5 simultaneously to balance the load.

Factions... I like it!

Ace can have his own thread, being the Nintendo extremist he is. :p

The rest of us can divide between 50 and 100pp users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom