• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terra Battle 2 |OT| All Hail the Gooch

chrono01

Hearing all of these errors, I think I'll give it a bit of time before I jump in. Curious as to how easy it is to re-roll on iOS, or if it's one of those games that are immediately tied to your device. I hope it's not, as I do enjoy re-rolling.

Just finished the first chapter. The map is HUGE!
Still haven't figured out how to spend my energy for pulls yet, or if I need to get further in the story. Stopping now because I'm getting network errors.

Monst monsters being able to be displaced like your allies is a mindscrew compared to the first. I have to completely rethink how I plan my routes.

chrono01

It's kind of ridiculous how they lock the gacha so you can't re-roll right away. Even clearing Chapter 1 isn't enough to unlock it (you need to reach a certain point in Chapter 2). :(

Probably won't be re-rolling on this, if it takes something like one hour+ to do my pulls. I just hope I can redeem the DMM pre-registration character, but considering that app is Japanese language-only, I'm not too confident of being able to transfer my data over to it and have it sync with the English version.

chrono01

They gave everyone the regular Samatha for free and you can recode her eventually. That's one hell of a starter bonus.
Oh I know, I'm not necessarily bad-mouthing the game at all, just a little frustrating is all. Samantha is definitely one hell of a starting bonus, but for those joining the game after launch, it's probably going to be hell for them (thankfully, this won't apply to us early-adopters). But then, they might have more promotions at that point in time, similar to how they added Amisandra in the original TB.

Still waiting to see how the DMM bonuses are handled. It'd be nice to get my Hikari. :(

Boy, I really do not like the change to having you move around on the map. I didn't play a ton of TB1 but I honestly just prefer having set encounters one after another to the way TB2 does it.

Rixa

What a rough start that first story mission is. I have played TB1 so I knew the mechanics etc and yet I died 2 times and spend 0 energy to continue both times. This has to be hardest first story battle after tutorial in any gacha game I ever played.

Seriously, very rough way to present your game to new players that don't know what Terra Battle is.

Zanzura

I've never played Terra Battle. I have no idea what the hell I'm doing or how the battle mechanics work or how to set up skill usage correctly. The tips/help screen did not help at all. I'm so lost, but I did figure out how to dig up those treasure chests finally. Moving characters around on my tiny little phone screen is a pain in the ass so far. PC version when?

vareon

Boy, I really do not like the change to having you move around on the map. I didn't play a ton of TB1 but I honestly just prefer having set encounters one after another to the way TB2 does it.

Yeah, to me this feels like additional busywork on a game I don't intend to play that intensively.

Also, did the game not have a tutorial for battle? I played TB1 so I mostly know what I'm doing, but the game really throws everything away at you from the start. Pretty ballsy.

Ok, so you get the ability to reroll after you clear chapter 2, which is a rather significant time investment. There's so many new concepts to wrap my head around, I haven't figured out what equipment/guardians gives you what bonuses. Your chance of getting good stuff seems exceedingly low though, not to mention that guardians and equipment are rolled from the same pool.

Rixa

Kinda funny to see my party to be lvl 1. Then I loan random player that has Samantha at level 80.

On to the chapter 2...

Screenshot_20170921-103528.png

I've never played Terra Battle. I have no idea what the hell I'm doing or how the battle mechanics work or how to set up skill usage correctly. The tips/help screen did not help at all. I'm so lost, but I did figure out how to dig up those treasure chests finally. Moving characters around on my tiny little phone screen is a pain in the ass so far. PC version when?

Same here. Tutorial didn't explain shit on the combat. LOL.

Kaname

Nothing to do at the office and I'm all alone. Guess I'll try it out early than expected :D
Is it reroll madness like alla gacha at the beginning unless you get really lucky?

Rixa

Took me 2 battles in chapter 2 (and some moving, to the vines / wood roots in map) to open gacha,
30 nrg = multipull, launch offer I think.

Verelios

Nothing to do at the office and I'm all alone. Guess I'll try it out early than expected :D
Is it reroll madness like alla gacha at the beginning unless you get really lucky?
Gl with that. You'd need to be especially dedicated to TR2 to even think of it.

Rixa

Multipull stuff go to mailbox!

Made multipull and got the healer I was aiming to reroll. Now I don't need to reroll (its slow to get gacha to open).
Gacha has eq's too. I got 4 units (SS/B/B/B) and 6 eq's (one S class eq rest were lower class).

Screenshot_20170921-105607.png

The movement on the map feels a bit finicky to me. It's kind of hard to set the brothers up in a row to use their skill or whatever.

Map seems ok but...feels like it takes forever. All the loading doesn't help either.

norm9

Setup screen is confusing as heck and it's too late at night to figure it out. I got some weird fire looking companions, two characters for some reason that aren't equipped but look more interesting than the kids, and I can't tell if you're supposed to equip the free SS character and to whom.

Rixa

1. Go to inventory
2. Select Guardians
3. Choose upgrade
4. Tab those yellow units
5. Click upgrade

Everyone has those yellow units, they are xp units. Success gets SS guardian (prolly Samantha) from 1 to 80 level. 3 White ones (D class) get SS guardian from 1 to 18.

Screenshot_20170921-110728.png

For my part, I actually love this so far; it's much more like what I wanted out of Terra Battle 1 to start with - that is, an actual cast to get attached to, and the ability to use your skills to lay waste to tons of dudes.

Like, for real. Just equip Samatha to Sarah and make sure both she and your inevitable Sam buddy are both decently deep in dudes on opposite ends of a big pack; you can blow up hilarious numbers of dudes. Giving Sam for free as the pre-reg bonus is genius, because it allows you, if you equip her at once, to see just how much you can blow up in one go.

Honestly, the actual combat plays so much faster than TB1 and the sheer visceral effect of your chains is so much higher that it's a little hard to believe it's from the TB1 crew. And especially when you get rushed but then get to counter-attack, it feels like Mistwalker and the Gooch looked at a Musou game and said "well, what if TB could play like that?" and it becomes a game of just how much destruction your adorable murder children and their nee-san can wreak in one turn.

If anything, I poked my nose into the Leviathan battle they're running and it feels so... slow in comparison. The trash waves play like TB1, and that's just so underwhelming after taking on dozens of things and winning.

The overworld does maybe feel a little finicky to control, but I wrapped my head around the concept easily enough. And I think it's a much better system than TB1's, simply because with a little finesse you can choose who to engage and how.

Also hot damn the music is great this time.

Basically, really impressed so far, much moreso than I ever was with TB1. Even with the bummer of US customers not being able to make use of the DMM rolls (there's a news item outright confirming it), I'm still having a ton of fun and it at least sounds like US folks might get some kind of other way of doing that for the PC version? We'll have to see!

aravuus

Any way to play this on an iPad in Europe? I guess I could stick to the Android version and try and look for an .apk somewhere, but I'd rather play on a tablet.

linkent

Any way to play this on an iPad in Europe? I guess I could stick to the Android version and try and look for an .apk somewhere, but I'd rather play on a tablet.
It is much harder to play on ipad.
Early on it is simple squeezing enemy with units.
On advance levels we need to organize our other units to be adjacent to the “squeezer” for the skill to activate.
Kinda like puzzle and dragons which is harder to pay on bigger devices.

Gratz Rixa.
Healer probably is the best to start with in this game.
Necessary in TB1, with map this big, it will be even better.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What's with Japan and teleporting
your friends/allies away as you engage in a suicidal battle with an overwhelming enemy?

Arabesque

Got through the tutorial only to hit endless connection errors haha

Still, kinda liked what I seen from the new interface thus far. Hope I will be able to get to play later on today some more

chrono01

Multipull stuff go to mailbox!

Made multipull and got the healer I was aiming to reroll. Now I don't need to reroll (its slow to get gacha to open).
Gacha has eq's too. I got 4 units (SS/B/B/B) and 6 eq's (one S class eq rest were lower class).

Screenshot_20170921-105607.png
Congrats man! She's who I got with my DMM pre-registration, so goodbye her. :(

BTW, I found a really easy way to speed up re-rolling. The first two maps you can "Give Up" when you initiate a battle and back out of the window that asks you to spend a Phoenix Feather for doing so. Normally it costs Energy to do this, but it costs 0 for the first two maps so you can basically skip all of the battles aside for the Orb boss, as you need to clear him before you complete Chapter 1. You can get re-rolling down to around 10-15 minutes this way.

Edris

Why they dont release it in EU?

There is alot of malware and spyware in unoffical play store sites. Dont really want to download from there.

Anyone knows a good way to get this with minimal risk of getting a malware with it?

I hope in asking this i dont get banned.

Rixa

Congrats man! She's who I got with my DMM pre-registration, so goodbye her. :(

BTW, I found a really easy way to speed up re-rolling. The first two maps you can "Give Up" when you initiate a battle and back out of the window that asks you to spend a Phoenix Feather for doing so. Normally it costs Energy to do this, but it costs 0 for the first two maps so you can basically skip all of the battles aside for the Orb boss, as you need to clear him before you complete Chapter 1. You can get re-rolling down to around 10-15 minutes this way.

I might reroll. My 2nd multi was not good. Thanks to your info, I aim for 2 x SS from multis.

OVDRobo

Why they dont release it in EU?

There is alot of malware and spyware in unoffical play store sites. Dont really want to download from there.

Anyone knows a good way to get this with minimal risk of getting a malware with it?

I hope in asking this i dont get banned.

Just grab it here. I know you say that you don't like unofficial sites but I've never had an issue with anything from here before. If it makes you feel any better I've downloaded and played this apk myself and definitely haven't run into any issues.

chrono01

I might reroll. My 2nd multi was not good. Thanks to your info, I aim for 2 x SS from multis.
Good luck!

There's also an extra Energy on the left side of Map 1, look for a cover with glittering sparks that doesn't seem to be accessible but it is (you pass right through the wall separating it. This way you can immediately do two multi after unlocking the gacha option.

garath

Mm. Didn't know this was coming out today. I would have downloaded it before getting on the bus to work. Oops. Oh well. I'll have to wait to get home now. Not going to use cellular data for it.

I played the first one briefly so this will be largely new to me. Pretty exciting. Especially if it gets a PC release later.

Hope the Samantha unit is for everyone starting. I might have pre-registered but chances are not.

duckroll

I tweeted at them to complain about how the game handles data. The data consumption is much higher than TB and they still haven't done a full install over wifi option. Almost unacceptable!

Ate almost 500meg of my data without me noticing!

garath

I tweeted at them to complain about how the game handles data. The data consumption is much higher than TB and they still haven't done a full install over wifi option. Almost unacceptable!

Ouch. That's pretty unacceptable for a phone game.

chrono01

Mm. Didn't know this was coming out today. I would have downloaded it before getting on the bus to work. Oops. Oh well. I'll have to wait to get home now. Not going to use cellular data for it.

I played the first one briefly so this will be largely new to me. Pretty exciting. Especially if it gets a PC release later.

Hope the Samantha unit is for everyone starting. I might have pre-registered but chances are not.
No worries, it's for everyone.

And just think, it's only the first few chapters.

Top Bottom