• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sold PS3, feel relieved

Emwitus

images

Pretty much.

mozfan12

Banned
I would sell mine but I still wanna play Journey and hopefully "the last guardian" if it ever comes out. Got my fingers crossed!

How the fuck do people get backlog of 10+ games? Why not just buy one game at a time. Saves some money too buying it cheaper later.

Gravijah

How the fuck do people get backlog of 10+ games? Why not just buy one game at a time. Saves some money too buying it cheaper later.

i play jrpgs so i'm always afraid of "OH GOD THIS MIGHT GET RARE AND EXPENSIVE BETTER BUY IT NOW!"

of course, these days, there are only a few games that get rare like that.

Yeah I never really gave two shits about a backlog.
I play games as I want. If I have the time to finish them, I will.
If not, oh welll, I might come back to it I might not.

Hilarious.

I've heard of people selling launch consoles coz there's nothing to play, but selling a console coz there's too much choice?

LMAO.

You see it all on GAF.

Wazzim

Banned
I have very few console games in my backlog, maybe 4 or so (360&PS3).
Demon's Souls, Valkyria Chronicles, NG2 and Blue Dragon (at the very end of the game).

My Vita/PSP and PC backlog however....

IrishNinja

Will it provide me the sustenance of 5 Twix bars (fuck your Snickers)

I cant buy any new games until summer anyway

AND I NEED TO PLAY YAKUZA 2 AND 3 FIRST

there's a catchup video on 4 though! but you really should play 2, ive seen it in the buy/sell thread for fairly cheap. save your pennies for summer, i guess! you can prolly get all 3 for the cost of a new game, seriously.

ps twix > snickers ALL DAY, good call man

You should buy one and then sell it to feel relieved.

ahaha, brilliant.

Shorty

Banned
I started to feel like this with 3DS. Today I'll sell my PSP with something like a 10 backlog games. My intention is only own PC, PS3 and VITA, I have an insane amount of unplayed games of those last two. I don't know what I will do when PS4 or 720 comes out :S.
how about not buying them until you finished your remaining games? damn that was hard.

NinjaBoiX

Prediction for a subversus thread next year: "I regret selling my PS3, so many awesome exclusives!"

But fair play, if you felt it a waste. Might as well get something out of it. But no TLoU and TLG?

I can relate OP.

On the other side of the coin, I enjoyed the 360 so much I couldn't get rid of it. I simply packed my backlog in a box for storage and all the games I'm currently playing(3 or 4) I kept on the shelf. Mind at ease.

meppi

Pretty easy, I'd say.
I bought my 360 around Christmas and already have 80 or so retail games and nearly as many XBLA games.

But don't think I'll be selling my system because of it though. ;)

NinjaBoiX

Man, my PS3 backlog is like 20+, and my 360 one about 10. Plus another 5 or so on PSP. I actually enjoy the collecting aspect, seeing that one game, in good nick, at a reasonable price is a bit of a buzz for me. A rarely pay over a tenner for most of my games, so it's not like I'm throwing money down the drain. If I see a price that I feel is pretty much the cheapest it'll get, I bite.

I also find myself buying games I'd usually sneer at, simply because they are so damn cheap. Hell, I got Kameo, PDZ and Dark Void, all three for £10 last week. If I saw anyone of those on XBLA for 1200 each I'd impluse buy in a second. When you size them as a 400 GoD title, it's really hard to say no!

tpax

Banned
In the last 7 days I sold my PS3 as well as my Xbox 360. I realized that it would be impossible for me to play on all three platforms (PC, Xbox 360, PS3) all the games I want to play. So for now, I can focus on PC games and feel myself a little bit redeemed to be honest.

Mihos

Gold Member
Screw that! My goal is fill a storage locker full of my crap, then have it show up on 'Storage Wars' so everyone on GAF would be like "HOLY SHIT, I WANT THAT LOCKER!"... just to have it bought by Barry and he throws everything out except the CoD night vision goggle, because he thinks they are real.

The only time I ever feel overwhelmed with games is when I finish a game and open and open my Steam list to decide what to play next. I sometimes just stare blankly for a good 10 minutes while I try to remember how the hell I ended up with Flora's Fruit Farm. You know what? I am going to play that shit right now.

Too many games to play, so not gonna play any at all?

I'd hate to see your reaction when your job gets stressful or your child wakes you up in the morning. Not saying that the situations are very comparable, but still, just going "fuck it" seem way too harsh.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
15 games, 1 PS3, 1 cup

In all seriousness, hou should have consolidated them PS3 games. Outsid of PSN games, I have 5 PS3 retail games. Most if not all have been sub 20 buys with online co op to play with friends. One is Graces f.

At this point I seebno reason to not on a PS3. It has the most consistent software flow. Don't buy every game at full price.

Now Steam sales on PC, that's a whole new ballgame. It's an easier pill to swallow ifthe games are 3-10 USD. Freespace 2, BeMineBundle2, Legend of Grimrock, free Titans and Revenge of the Titans from a promo - that's only been the last week lol

I got all that for 27USD. That's about 11 games for those keeping tally.

Adamm

Good for you! ...no wait, what?

Those games still exist even though you don't own the console, they still need to be played!

NinjaBoiX

Too many games to play, so not gonna play any at all?

I'd hate to see your reaction when your job gets stressful or your child wakes you up in the morning.
What, because you'd be both incredibly irresponsible and juvenile if you didn't take your responsibilities as a gamer seriously? What an odd comparison.

I use PS3 media server too often to consider selling mine.

Besides, selling a near launch model and getting a pittance for it now would feel like a real kick in the dick

NinjaBoiX

I use PS3 media server too often to consider selling mine.

Besides, selling a near launch model and getting a pittance for it now would feel like a real kick in the dick
If it's a BC model it'll be quite the opposite. Those fuckers go for a pretty penny on ebay.

Emily Chu

Banned
Sold all my gaming devices about 3-4 months ago

PS3 60 GB launch Day Zero Model, PC gaming build 2012, and a 360.

I'm Free Morpheus....

I got a laptop to visit GAF and front row tickets to see the next gen system wars.

NOW LETS GET IT ON!

Solid07

Banned
Considering PS4 won't be backwards compatible, I doubt I'll sell my PS3 let alone PS2. They'll come in handy when nostalgia flu hits me down the road. :p

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I have a huge backlog of PS3, PS2, PS1, Wii, GC, 360 and Xbox games. Not selling any of the consoles as its justifying bailing out on the next gen. I have well over a hundred games I've never finished, probably closer to 200 if I sat down and counted. I don't need the next overpriced toy.

rCIZZLE

15 isnt even that bad, especially if theyre games you want to play. It would have been better to just trade in/ sell the games you had little to no interest in first and try that.

Gravijah

i might switch milky way with twix, but otherwise a solid list.
i'm fond of nestle crunch as well, since this thread has run its course, heh.

nestle crunch is awesome too but i wanted to keep it bar only 'cause man i didn't want to lose my mind ranking so much chocolate.

Derrick01

Banned
I wish I knew what it was like to have a backlog. After games come out that I want to play and I finish them within a week I often have that extreme boredom feeling because I have nothing new to play anymore. Currently going through that right now and there's nothing coming out for me until Dragon's Dogma in may.

zroid

Banned
Uh no. If I sold all my games, completing *my* backlog would require me to purchase them *again*.

There's no easy way out, dawg!

The only exception to this for me is if I lose a game, because I refuse to re-buy games I've lost, on the off-chance I might find them again. But then I just feel depressed.

abasm

I've sold too many video games that I've regretted down the line. My advice is to take any unused systems/games, stuff you would be selling anyway, and shove them in a box in a closet. If you do that, then you'll either have that stuff if the urge to play it strikes, or you'll realize how little you wanted it and can sell it off with ease.

kerrak

For me, the sense of freedom comes from the fact that i have a big backlog.
There is always something great to choose from, unexplored.

Oh, another reason I don't worry about backlogs too much: if the hypothetical crash DOES occur, and it's the worst case (or very close to) worst case scenario where nearly everything's gone, I'd have PLENTY for a long while.
Planning for the gaming apocalypse? Really? Are you also concerned about the world ending later this year?

I can relate to the OP in a way. I'm a little OCD about playing the games I buy. If I decide to invest the money in them, I sort of feel like I should play, and ultimately complete them.

Over the years I've learned from mistakes, and I buy far fewer games per year, and I complete most of them. But sometimes I'll still build up a small backlog, and again, because of my complete the games I buy mantra, occasionally even my small backlog can start to feel like a "to do" list hanging over my head. So the desire to just jettison one console can seem like an attractive idea.

But, another thing I've learned is that ultimately there is a reason I buy most games in the first place, and that's because they appealed to me. So if I sell a console, 3, 6, 12 months later it's going to suddenly hit me that I'd like to play that game I can no longer play, and I'll buy that console again. So yeah, don't sell your consoles, unless you have a lot of willpower. But then again, if you had a lot of willpower you probably wouldn't find yourself in this situation in the first place.

I am not bragging here by saying... "15, thats all, mine is way bigger". I buy games for like 15 or 20 bucks that I am interested in, and with my schedule, it is hard to get to all of them. It sometimes takes me 3-4 months to beat an 8-10 hour game, and like 6 to beat a 30-40 hour game (i know it doesn't make sense, but with longer games, I usually step my pace up a bit knowing it will be a longer game).

I couldn't sell any of my consoles. At this point, it is not worth it, and I really didn't buy any of them for just those 3 games that that system has, and that was all I was interested in.

Top Bottom