• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Compilation of Hilarious Animations in Mass Effect Andromeda

Status
Not open for further replies.
This
ebfPrPx.gif
+ This

xD

Edit: My God... someone actually did it xD

The dialogue with Ryder and tired face/angry NPC is just bizarre and is re-affirming one of my greatest fears with the game which was awful writing (as evidenced in some of the new previews)

It's so jarring, how in the blue hell this get approved at Bioware?!

Seems like this game at minimum will be a meme factory with all it's jank and weird writing.

Lmao this thread is spinning yarn into gold!

The biggest problem with FemRyder is they gave her that dumb constant smirk thing that throws everything else off. I think that's why she looks so much worse than DudeRyder.

niKU6h8.gif

Fuck, sorry, I didn't mean to post a SunhiLegend gif from Horizon: Zero Dawn available now for the PS4 and PS4 Pro.

the pop-in with those rocks kinda ruins the spectacle of this gif tbh

Ruff

What the heck, my memory might be failing me but the trilogy wasn't this bad too was it? How could it have got so much worse I'm dying from these gifs :D

Lakitu

st5fu
Addison's voice actor might well be the worst voice actor I have ever heard, they should seriously think about getting their money back.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Ryder is growing on me. She's cute in a homely girl-next-door you've known for years kinda way.

Is that because she feels comfortable farting in front of you? I kind of wish that really is what was going on in the gif. You know, it's been a hard mission, you get back to the ship, some time alone and finally, finally you get a chance to relax. Pppffffffffftttttttt. It could be a nice humanising moment

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
So many of these are confusing.

How did people work on this game for years and no one was like, "so are we ever going to fix these animations or what?".

Orpheum

i just watched a 1,5 hour video from Gamespot yesterday. Initially i was really excited for the game, and at first those flappy mouth animations sort of made me laugh...but a game that emphasizes so greatly on spoken dialogue, this is really off putting on the long run.

So yeah..i don't know yet, will definitely wait for reviews and maybe even further when the games price decreased somewhat

Necron

It's part of the Mass Effect charm at this point. I'm waiting for reviews but I'm already a bit more excited for Mass Effect: Andromeda.

cripterion

This NPC looks like someone on the staff took 10 seconds to make it in the games create a character

That's what I've been saying since they released the first 13 minutes footage. The Captain, the founder of Andromeda initiative, Adisson and others just look straight out ripped from their character creator.
It doesn't give you leeway to varied faces. Extraordinarly, daddy Ryder looks good and detailed, even when you picked custom Ryders. He also seems to have the best V.A.

Just patch this game and let me embark on adventures with Alec please.

SJRB

Gold Member
This stuff is just.. wow. Extremely unfortunate.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how nervous do you think Bioware is right now?

Rellik

This stuff is just.. wow. Extremely unfortunate.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how nervous do you think Bioware is right now?

0. Why would they care about a some guys on NeoGAF posting the same GIFs over and over? It's going to sell well and that's all that matters. Places like here are not representative of anything at all.

Lime

raw

Probably too busy counting preorder numbers, doubt this will effect sales.

Wait until reviews hit on Monday. If GB, pcgamer, gamespot, and other outlets are anything to go by. Those reviews will certainly affect sales, at least outside of the hardcore mass effect fans

wig

The music lmaooooo.

Just browsed the previous pages. Having played the trial for a few minutes, I can confirm that these are not rare occurrences. Damn, I wonder what happened during development. These animations are terrible. The graphics are so subpar too. The reviews on Monday are going to be very telling. I already preordered digitally on PS4 tho so I guess I'm stuck on this ride. :D

"Sorry, my face is tired" lol

More than five years in development and this what we get.

I think this is my favourite part so far. I could forgive almost everything else if the writing was good, but this dialogue is so bad I'm amazed it was signed off by the writer, editor, director, voice director and actor.

I wanna give them a pass on the bad faces cause all games that use character creators have crap faces... but man this thread is and will be gold for a while haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom