• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 releases June 2nd (PC/XB1/PS4, Season Pass, Eliza, more details)

Neoxon

Third parties ignoring a Nintendo platform is surprising?
Western third parties ignoring the Switch isn't surprising. Japanese third parties who supported Nintendo platforms in the past avoiding the Switch is surprising.

I'm starting to fear that the statement from Epic Games Japan about UE4 games on the Switch was a bunch of hot air.

Yudoken

huh? the Ps4 exclusive content doesn't look like that much, just a couple of extra costumes
Those are fan favorite costumes and you forgot the jukebox mode.

For long time fans like me this is really disappointing.

What were they thinking making this platform exclusive?

opricnik

Banned
Junkbox mode exclusive to PS4 huh? I hate this shit exclusive DLC shit.

I bet Tekken Ball gonna be exclusive to season pass thing as well.

Fuck

raven777

VigilantOilyChafer.gif

interested in the story mode. Hope it's good.

they were probably thinking that this series has a long history on playstation and owes a lot of its success while being exclusive to that platform, which is quite impressive in my opinion

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I can't say i'm all that mad about the exclusive PS4 content since i primarily game on PS4, still own PS3(hence tekken 6) and stuff, but i think in general the preorder stuff and season pass stuff will turn people off even if they have a good amount of content already in the game at launch(which tekken is usually super good at)

People generally are negative when it comes to splitting up pieces of content like this behind payment windows

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Western third parties ignoring the Switch isn't surprising. Japanese third parties who supported Nintendo platforms in the past avoiding the Switch is surprising.

I'm starting to fear that the statement from Epic Games Japan about UE4 games on the Switch was a bunch of hot air.

Japanese third parties are not ignoring Switch, given the content they've already announced.

I can't say i'm all that mad about the exclusive PS4 content since i primarily game on PS4, still own PS3(hence tekken 6) and stuff, but i think in general the preorder stuff and season pass stuff will turn people off even if they have a good amount of content already in the game at launch(which tekken is usually super good at)

People generally are negative when it comes to splitting up pieces of content like this behind payment windows
i think the vast majority of the tekken fan base are on playstation as well, didn' ttekken 6 and tag 2 have the biggest online communities on Ps3?

Neoxon

Japanese third parties are not ignoring Switch, given the content they've already announced.
But Tekken 7 avoiding the Switch when we saw TTT2 on the Wii U & us knowing that UE4 works on the Switch is a bit of a red flag.

season pass after being delayed and in development for this long... yuck

i was excited for this game too but i'll hold off until it goes on sale now for steam

novabolt

Legacy I think. Still, I'm a bit surprised that the XB1 order has more than the Steam one.

Inuhanyou

i think the vast majority of the tekken fan base are on playstation as well, didn' ttekken 6 and tag 2 have the biggest online communities on Ps3?

Yeah, which i guess is also a reason why they prioritize the PS ecosystem. But at the same time, the perception of unfair treatment from the users on other consoles and PC is a bad form.

I get the exclusive Tekken 2 and Tekken 4 costumes since those games were only on Playstation, but reading it out makes it seem more excessive than it is.

i absolutely love the cover.

nah I woulda dug Jin on the cover.

Yeah, which i guess is also a reason why they prioritize the PS ecosystem. But at the same time, the perception of unfair treatment from the users on other consoles and PC is a bad form.

I get the exclusive Tekken 2 and Tekken 4 costumes since those games were only on Playstation, but reading it out makes it seem more excessive than it is.
it comes down to perspective for me. If Mass Effect 4 came out with exclusive content on Xbone, I would respect that the same way because ME originated on the xbox platform. that's just how i see it.

tekken has become one of the most important fighting game genres and for 15 years it was exclusive to playstation - still managing to become the best selling franchise, and even after going multiplatform, most profit comes from the playstation platform

Neoxon

That plus most of the FGC is on PS4 thanks to the likes of SFV, GGXrd, & KoFXIV being absent from XB1.

dem0neyes

Still surprised with the amount of ppl that were expecting this to be on the switch. It was pretty obvious they were having problems with dev b/c of the engine switch so i doubt they would have wanted to take on yet another platform that they would have had to scale alot of things back. Still crazy that i'm going to be playing injustice 2 before tekken 7.

Spuck-uk

Banned

Playstation has always been the platform for the tournament community. Literally all the good players are there.

cireza

Banned
Game looks promising. Might give it a shot on Xbox if there is enough single player content (I don't play online).

season pass after being delayed and in development for this long... yuck

i was excited for this game too but i'll hold off until it goes on sale now for steam
They rush it y'all complain they take their time y'all complain. Man if I was a dev I wouldn't give gamers any type of reasons whatsoever"it's ready when it's ready" would be my slogan

Salex_

I don't mind the delay. I hope they use that time to add more extras to the online modes. I can't wait to finally back to playing Tekken again. This and MVC are probably going to be the only PC/console games I play for the rest of the year.
Not Switch, I guess I shouldn't be as surprised as I am, but I am surprised. I wonder if we'll see a late port or a Tag Tournament 3 as an exclusive.

Anyways, this is also months later than I was expecting this game to release. I definitely appreciate the apology given, though.

A new Tekken game not on a Sony platform...? Do you seriously think they'll try something like that? It would pretty match say they want to shelf the franchise and kill the competitive community.

Inuhanyou

Was there anything about Tekken Tunes coming back?

PS4 exclusive.

Still surprised with the amount of ppl that were expecting this to be on the switch. It was pretty obvious they were having problems with dev b/c of the engine switch so i doubt they would have wanted to take on yet another platform that they would have had to scale alot of things back. Still crazy that i'm going to be playing injustice 2 before tekken 7.

I think people are going to be disappointed, even at the amount of Japanese bigger games not coming to Switch either at the same time as the other consoles or at all.

I think there may be a downgraded Switch version at some point, after all Tekken has been on GBA, 3DS and Wii U after all, but probably not for a while if it does.

Top Bottom