• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 official Floor Plans (Nintendo, Square Enix, Sega...)

I find it humorous that E3 had "record breaking attendance" press releases sent out every year and now it's being down sized.

I wonder what will be said of E3 attendance this year.

Man, I can't help being a bit bummed out on this one. On one side, it's about time they made it smaller, but THIS small? 20 by 20 isn't exactly going to host a lot of new games we can try out, even less in 10 by 10. Anyways, I'm going to wait and see until I make up my mind.

I'm guessing Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft will rent larger conference rooms etc at nearby hotels.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Kobun Heat said:
Remember, the game publishers pulled out of E3. They decided it wasn't worth it. If they want to reach the fans directly with glitz and glamour, they will do it through PAX or E For All -- or not do it at all.

While I fully agree with your logic, the fact that I (currently) lack a media job does make me a tad annoyed... but, then again, that has no bearing on the industry.

It seems like COMDEX had the same sort of problem e3 had, with the same solution chosen.. although that led to COMDEX essentially dying off.

Chris, did the big game companies of the late 80s to early 90s focus on the CES or COMDEX? I thought they were at one (or both) until forming their own show due to the perception of a lack of support from the show.

They were at CES for a long time. In the first year of E3 (1995?), companies had to make a decision which show to go with. In that sense it was a risky venture on the ESA's part. But Nintendo chose E3, and every other publisher fell in line.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
AlphaSnake said:
Why does everyone fail to see that enormous spaces aren't needed for the show anymore? Am I the only one who actually realizes why the spaces are so small? God I hope not.

You are not.

I actually *drooled* over that floor plan pic. It's like a dream come true to me.

Oh god having Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo booths a couple of steps away from each other? Not having to STAY IN LINE FOR 12 HOURS to see/play a ****ing game? Being able to freely navigate spaces between booths without feeling like I'm in the Dead Rising mall? Being able to actually HEAR what devs are saying to me without the need for them to scream right into my ear? Coming back to the hotel and NOT FEELING like I was just ejected by a gigantic washing machine?

Oh. God. Yes.

TTP said:
You are not.

I actually *drooled* over that floor plan pic. It's like a dream come true to me.

Oh god having Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo booths a couple of steps away from each other? Not having to STAY IN LINE FOR 12 HOURS to see/play a ****ing game? Being able to freely navigate spaces between booths without feeling like I'm in the Dead Rising mall? Being able to actually HEAR what devs are saying to me without the need for them to scream right into my ear? Coming back to the hotel and NOT FEELING like I was just ejected by a gigantic washing machine?

Oh. God. Yes.

They are still going to fill up that small area with 4000 people ;)

Top Bottom