• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokemon Game to be announced next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berordn

For the love of money, of course they'll do that ;)

They seem pretty content at 5 titles per generation so far, and the remakes already have the features of their third version baked in. Unless they were to start going for actual sequels, third versions would be superfluous, and a waste of money for GF when they could be developing those new features for the next generation of games.

Kyzer

Banned
Hoenn is a vast region with underwater locations, and so is Unova and with Wi-Fi added in, I doubt that both regions would fit on a Nintendo 3DS game card.

What's the biggest game on the PSP? Im sure thats not an issue mane. If anything Nintendo's uber milking efficiency as a company would stop it from happening.

EmperorMattevs

Neo Member
What's the biggest game on the PSP? Im sure thats not an issue mane. If anything Nintendo's uber milking efficiency as a company would stop it from happening.

They'd rather have both regions released on different game cards with 100% full compatibility.

Hoenn is a vast region with underwater locations, and so is Unova and with Wi-Fi added in, I doubt that both regions would fit on a Nintendo 3DS game card.

Biggest 3DS card atm is 4GB and of course I won't be shocked if 8GB comes by next year. Size is not an issue. They just won't ever do that again. As said before they had both regions in G/S because they thought they would be done after that. Clearly that didn't end up being true but still.

Suairyu

Banned
Pokemon HG/SS can't trade vice versa or do battles with Pokemon B/W.

If the next step is to provide full compatibility between all Pokemon 3DS titles in the future, Game Freak will have to remake "third" games such as Yellow and Crystal *with the exception of Emerald for which R/S remakes will come out next year 2013*

What?

Of course HG/SS can't trade or do battles with B/W - they're different gen and don't have the Unova region Pokémon programmed into them. How would remaking Crystal (which wouldn't happen as you don't just release one singular Pokémon game, you release them in pairs/trios) remedy that situation?

I actually don't understand what you're asking for.

I'm not asking for anything. What I'm saying is that if Game Freak wants to have a full compatibility with their future Pokemon titles then they'll have to remake old titles such as Yellow and Crystal to match with Grey and R/S remakes.. assuming that they're coming.

I'm lost. Between all the titles that ARE compatible, you don't need the third versions to get anything that's been officially released. Crystal and Yellow's added features are part of the series now, so that would have been unnecessary either way.

For the love of money, of course they'll do that ;)
Okay I still can't follow you.

You want them to release a remake of Yellow and of Crystal... by themselves... to be "compatible" with the 3DS titles?

Why? What would this achieve other than to dilute the market to stop innovation for the many years they're developing these titles for?

EmperorMattevs

Neo Member

You want them to release a remake of Yellow and of Crystal... by themselves... to be "compatible" with the 3DS titles?

Why? What would this achieve other than to dilute the market to stop innovation for the many years they're developing these titles for?

Innovation? what innovation? lls. We've been stuck for the same Pokemon formula for a long time now.
Dilute? I doubt it, the Pokemon user base has grown over the years!

Yea I'm confused too. The main reason they even started the remakes is because the GBA had no way to trade to the past games. Now all gens can lead to Gen V so in the end there is no reason to remake Yellow or Crystal.

Though they need to remake R/S/E because they need to fix everything they did wrong with it :p

Suairyu

Banned
Innovation? what innovation? lls. We've been stuck for the same Pokemon formula for a long time now. :|
Every new gen brings with it new Pokémon, new gameplay mechanics, refinements to the battle system, tweaking of the move rulesets etc. etc.

If you freeze a gen in place to release all these remakes you seem to want (which take ages to make hence why we only get one game every two years if we're lucky) in the name of having every game being able to play against every other game it'd get really old really fast. You don't need every game able to battle every other game.

You buy the current gen, trade, battle, have fun. Then a new gen comes out. You use PalPark to migrate your Pokémon collection to the new gen then use the new gen as your new home and enjoy all its additions. It's a good system and your suggestions just sound worse.

Suairyu

Banned
Gen V beginning with Gray for the Nintendo 3DS will be the starting point for next generation of Pokemon games.
Black and White are gen 5.

Next gen is VI.

Grey will be a part of gen V or won't exist at all. Why would you want a third version of a game in a different gen? That's completely pointless.

Suairyu

Banned
I'm so confused right now.

Just because Grey might be on 3DS it doesn't mean it's a different gen.
Apparently no-one is saying that. Except what EmperorMattevs wrote said exactly that. Or something. I don't know. I haven't actually been able to logically follow a single thing he's said so far. I'm just getting really confused.

EmperorMattevs

Neo Member
Yes, you said "gen V [beginning with Grey]". You also said Grey would be the "starting point" for a new generation. What did you mean if not that B/W were gen IV?

I didn't say that B/W isn't Gen V. What I mean is that Gray *which is part of Gen V* would be the starting point for future Pokemon titles for Nintendo 3DS.

Suairyu

Banned
I didn't say that B/W isn't Gen V. What I mean is that Gray *which is part of Gen V* would be the starting point for future Pokemon titles for Nintendo 3DS.
What does that mean?

You're making a ton of statements and although the sentences make sense I can't actually understand the thoughts behind them.

Will Grey also be 100% compatible with future 3DS Pokémon titles in your plan? Along with... remakes of Yellow and Crystal? How would this work?

Cheebo

Banned
I don't think he understands the gens:

Gen I:
R/B/Y (GameBoy)

Gen II:
G/S/C (GameBoy/GameBoy Color for G/S, GameBoy Color for Crystal)

Gen III:
R/S/E (GameBoy Advance)
FR/LG (GameBoy Advance)

Gen IV:
D/P/P (Nintendo DS)
HG/SS (Nintendo DS)

Gen V:
B/W/G (Nintendo DS for B/W, Likely Nintendo 3DS for Grey)

EmperorMattevs

Neo Member
I don't think he understands the gens:

Gen I:
R/B/Y (GameBoy)

Gen II:
G/S/C (GameBoy/GameBoy Color for G/S, GameBoy Color for Crystal)

Gen III:
R/S/E (GameBoy Advance)
FR/LG (GameBoy Advance)

Gen IV:
D/P/P (Nintendo DS)
HG/SS (Nintendo DS)

Gen V:
B/W/G (Nintendo DS for B/W, Likely Nintendo 3DS for Grey)

beaten! xD

All I really want is Ruby/Saphire remakes (with the added content from Emerald). But I'm finding that hard to hope for at the moment.
Wasn't HeartGold and SoulSilver made because "the audience wanted it," or am I wrong?

Anybody who says Pokemon games are all the same haven't played a Pokemon game recently. On booting up Black I forgot how ridiculous an amount of stuff there was to do.

Berordn

All I really want is Ruby/Saphire remakes (with the added content from Emerald). But I'm finding that hard to hope for at the moment.
Wasn't HeartGold and SoulSilver made because "the audience wanted it," or am I wrong?

B/W were also taking longer than they expected in development, so they got another team to work on them. R/S/E remakes are likely now that it's a trend though. R/S/E aren't compatible on any current Nintendo hardware, and there's a new set of kids who'll be experiencing it for the first time at that point.

I'd like to see them go the high road and have an actual Gen III remake with R/FR and S/LG featuring Emerald's enhancements and story elements as a set of remakes, but I know that's never going to happen.

Suairyu

Banned
SMH. *sighs*
Not one single person in this thread has understood you. Not one.

From your very first post you've been babbling something incomprehensible. Is English your first language? It's okay if it isn't and that'd explain why you can't express what you're trying to but seriously we just can't follow you.

I'd like to see them go the high road and have an actual Gen III remake with R/FR and S/LG featuring Emerald's enhancements and story elements as a set of remakes, but I know that's never going to happen.
Turn FireRed/LeafGreen and Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald into one mega-game pair? Or both remade separately?

EmperorMattevs

Neo Member
Not one single person in this thread has understood you. Not one.

From your very first post you've been babbling something incomprehensible. Is English your first language? It's okay if it isn't and that'd explain why you can't express what you're trying to but seriously we just can't follow you.

That's fine. I can manage.

Suairyu

Banned
I meant some sort of mega-game pair, yes. Just a distant fantasy knowing Nintendo though.
Well, FR/LF and R/S/E shared an area, right? The Sevill islands? I could see the hook.

But.

How would you handle plot? Would it be Red as protagonist or Ruby?

I'd love a full 3D reboot of Red & Blue on 3DS with all the trimmings. Streetpass, online and it's be so on.

Otherwise id not give a shit. New Pokemon design really sucks.

survivor

Banned
I just saw the new tweet and my hype level can't be contained. If this is just some dumb new form then I'm burning all my Pokemon copies.

Berordn

Well, FR/LF and R/S/E shared an area, right? The Sevill islands? I could see the hook.

But.

How would you handle plot? Would it be Red as protagonist or Ruby?

They only shared a couple of islands in Emerald, but they were explicitly the Sevii Islands so that's really the only connection the games inherently have, outside of the few references the characters in FR/LG Sevii Islands make to the Hoenn Gym Leaders and Elite Four. Outside of that, I have no idea how they could manage it. A story hook featuring Rocket involvement in Magma/Aqua affairs maybe, leading to a interquel from Gen 1 to Gen 2? I'm just dreaming really.

Hell I'll just say it ever though it won't happen.

Make grey and the 3rd gen remake the same game. Maybe make it so you have to go to Hoenn after the 5th gym.

long shot but hell that's what it will be in my mind.

Suairyu

Banned
Guys this game combination idea thing isn't that good I think. You forget how those stories were paced and stuff. All the early areas are designed to be slow introductions to get you going.

The only way it would work is if you had the second area as a Gold/Silver style affair where it's a new story and chunks of content are skipped, but then that wouldn't really be a remake.

J@hranimo

Banned
Hell I'll just say it ever though it won't happen.

Make grey and the 3rd gen remake the same game. Maybe make it so you have to go to Hoenn after the 5th gym.

long shot but hell that's what it will be in my mind.

That'd be so awesome, but I highly doubt it would happen.

If they did do it though, 10,000 cool points to Gamefreak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom