• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bonkers Amazon.com PSN Deals

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Cool, was planning on going to GameStop to get PS+ (& Tales of Xillia), but might use the $20 in Amazon credit that I was saving for Rayman Legends on that instead. Need to renew my subscription soon, though maybe I'll save it to see if that whole "sub to master upgrade" deal is actually true.

mrdark

Banned
Hey, guys, on the listing for Battlefield 4 it has this in the item description:

"Digital Code for the PS3 version; doesn't not work for the PS4"

I assume it's supposed to say doesn't work for the PS4, but does that mean this particular game won't be upgradable?

And, I asked this before but it may get lost on the previous page: Is there a limited number of purchases on that Battlefield 4 deal or is it unlimited as long as you're in the window?

EDIT - UPDATE:

I just got done chatting with an Amazon rep and they said there is only going to be a limited number of the Battlefield 4 deals available.

Wait, so Canada GAF can't buy PS+ and expect to play online with their main account?

I have to buy $50 PS+ like a jerk? :(

I recently bought a PS+ 1 year pass from a US gaffer in the b/s/t thread and it worked on my Canadian account.

US PS+. Confirmed working on Canadian account.
Does US credit $20/$50 work?
Do US games in this sale work?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Can I use funds already allocated to my PSN wallet for this somehow?

Just bought ACIV PS4 for 60...

But I had a 10$ credit and I'm getting one back, so not bad.

I bought BFIV for 41 too, but at least that's physical.

hrmhrm

emko

i wonder why they didn't include some PS4 games? if Amazon can do this why can't the PSN store do the same? i hope in the future we start getting good deals like Steam has.

Hey, guys, on the listing for Battlefield 4 it has this in the item description:

"Digital Code for the PS3 version; doesn't not work for the PS4"

I assume it's supposed to say doesn't work for the PS4, but does that mean this particular game won't be upgradable?

And, I asked this before but it may get lost on the previous page: Is there a limited number of purchases on that Battlefield 4 deal or is it unlimited as long as you're in the window?

EDIT - UPDATE:

I just got done chatting with an Amazon rep and they said there is only going to be a limited number of the Battlefield 4 deals available.

All lightning deals are limited. That Battlefield 4 deal is probably gonna get sold out almost instantly.

mrdark

Banned
All lightning deals are limited. That Battlefield 4 deal is probably gonna get sold out almost instantly.

Yeah, I just didn't know if the same thing was true for digital deals or not. A three hour window is ridiculous for something that'll be gone immediately. I'm still concerned there is a disclaimer saying the code won't work with PS4 version. I don't know if that's to stop idiots from buying it to try and run on their PS4 or because you won't be able to upgrade it.

Are these lightning deals that could show up at any time tomorrow or will they all be posted at 3:00am EST like the Kotaku article suggests?

Venturer

Confirmed. You can upgrade the PS3 digital version of Battlefield 4 to the PS4 digital version.

Source PSN US store:
ps3_ps4.jpg

shem935

Banned
Seriously... where has that guy been the past year or so.

I have been buying games at retail for the same price as what they are digitally day 1. That should not be the case. Day 1 digital should be max 50$ due to skipping the middle man. It does me no good if digital games are price matched to retail outside of sales. Digital should always be a lower price.

moai

so at what time will the thursday deals go up? i'm talking about the other games, not the bf4 ones for which there´s a countdown.

shem935

Banned
Why is undercutting retail a good thing?

Because a game bought digitally should never cost the same as retail. Sony skips the middleman as well as physical costs associated with shipping a product. Digital goods should be consistently cheaper than their physical counterparts. If they price digital games aggressively it will help ease the transition to digital as the games will be much cheaper than normal.

Is it possible to have two main accounts on a PS4? I have Plus on my EU account (which will be required to access online play) but I want to redeem Amazon games on my US account.

And the benefits of the amazon deal already paying off. I was surprised the games media didn't make a bigger deal when it happened. It's the game changer console digital games needed. If they open up to GMG and others we could see a steam like ecosystem develop

Yeah, I have US account and EU account games on my PS3 at the same time right now but I was wondering if the PS4 Plus online requirement works differently.

Amazon is making me excited for a digital future! No more 70€ ($95) games for me.

And they said Microsoft was pushing us into the digital future. Yeah right... This sale alone shows how dope Sony is trying to push digital retail. That BF4 price makes me want to return mine just to buy it for that cheap.. Damn.

I noticed some more sales on the "Upcoming" section!

The Last of Us will be $25 on Friday. This is really the best thing Sony has ever done. Uncensored Last of Us is gonna be mine!

edit: Beyond Two Souls is physical only :(

Top Bottom