• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Releases December 1st 2017

Surprised its not sold out on amazon.

It only just went up on Amazon today. Some people might have ordered the special edition on other sites when it went up soon after the Direct.

There were even a few days after the Direct when Amazon didn't let people buy the standard edition.

Ashhong

The series is a bit like Final Fantasy where each entry is in its own setting. You can start Xenoblade 2 without playing Xenoblade 1 or Xenoblade X.

Sounds good. I'm not big on RPGs but the hype is getting to me. Wish I was able to get that steelbook from BestBuy though. Don't want to pay full price on Amazon.

Since this is an active thread, any soul kind enough to help me on this?

Thread got locked quickly by a mod probably due to the thread title, but any xenoblade veterans that could hype me a bit more for this game, past the combat system (what the hell are blades?) and more about how it seems to fix past issues like pacing/bad ld/etc?

Blades are life forms born from Core Crystals. The person who uses core crystals to unleash Blades are known as Drivers. In the game, blades are handled through a Gatcha like mechanic and can have different attacks, weapons, elements and so on, meaning progression is slightly randomized overall in addition to the constant Story relevant Blades.

Pacing is likely similar to the first game which was a better-paced game than X I felt, traverse an area at one's leisure, taking note of the monsters in the area and getting to the next area for some cutscenes and NPCs. For the length of its story, it's arguably one of the best paced JRPGs ever made. Xenoblade 2 seems to cut out a good bit of filler like talking to non named NPCs and thus side quests in the game are probably closer to Normal Missions in Xenoblade X. There's seemingly a lot more higher quality cutscenes than Xenoblade X which combined with the better character animation may indeed make for better storytelling.

The Music Production is quite lavish with several different groups contributing to the game like Anuna and the Bratislava Symphony Choir.

This Nintendolife Preview describes the feel of the combat and that there's a pretty decent amount going on: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...s_traversing_titans_in_xenoblade_chronicles_2

Shiggy

screenshot2017-10-13ayds95.png

What you ordered, and what you'll get :(

MTC100

Banned
Switch gets Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2, Mario X Rabbids, Mario Odyssey, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 all in one calendar year.

That's pretty damn good (even if 8 Deluxe is a spruced-up port).

It gets those game within 9 months, which is even less than a year, it's completely mind blowing to be honest. I preordered the collectors edition (EU) over at Amazon.de(it's still available by the way) and I barely pre order anything but this feels like something I will enjoy as much as Breath of the Wild, here's to hoping that I'll finish Mario Odyssey by the time Xenoblade Chronicles 2 arrives...

Fou-Lu

This will be the first time I go into a new Xeno game having played all previous entries. I am pretty excited about that! Plus I can finally rank all the games:

Xenosaga Episode III = Xenogears > Xenoblade Chronicles > Xenoblade Chronicles X > Xenosaga Episode I > Xenosaga Episode II where Saga III and Gears are somewhere near a 10/10 and Episode II is an 8ish.

Top Bottom