• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread: [Brewmaster]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjay

Sebulon3k said:
You mean Shadow Blade? Fresh off the Boat Indeed
3AQmK.gif

The sad thing is I knew it was not called that, I just could not recall what it was called.

But I was to lazy to to check and just goggled and found:-
http://www.playdota.com/items = Lothar's Edge
http://www.dota-two.com/dota2-items = Invisibility Sword

And it's called Assassin's shroud in HoN. Man the changes this item goes though.

deleted

Nice OT, I like it.
Perhaps its a bit too detailed on the heroes, but in a few days only those who want to learn more will look on page 1, so for them its perfect.

Valygar

This OT is very nice, but it needs some sort of newbie guide. IF it's not included in some post of the OT, at least a link to a nice one. Archie had done something like that and it was quite good.

If it's one of the guides that are supposed to go to the Media section, never mind.

Good job!

Swag

Valygar said:
If it's one of the guides that are supposed to go to the Media section, never mind.

Good job!
Yeah I'm trying to do some video guides, but it's hard because my replay feature currently doesn't work, I'm waiting till its fixed so I can get some footage.

Swag

Don't forget to add the NeoGaf channel to your channel list! Lots of people are in there regularly looking for Match Making partners of all skill levels.

Link0080

Sebulon3k said:
Don't forget to add the NeoGaf channel to your channel list! Lots of people are in there regularly looking for Match Making partners of all skill levels.

Can I make it auto join when I load up the game?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Nice guide. Very well done.

As a side note though, you might want to add brief explanations of what the hero types are.

I think most people understand what Support means, but some people might not understand what a Carry or Pusher is.

Also I added a short line to the top just so everyone is clear on the no invite policy. :p

I'll only start applying it after this post though.

So is this just the beta's OT, or will this carry on and become the final OT on release?

DOTA2 OT of FUCKING NOOB FEEDERS!!! UNINSTALL!!!

This is a very, very good game. Love the interface improvements and barring some server lag it feels very responsive. Been playing a bunch of Omniknight and while his AOE heals damage range is way lower than Jereziah's from HoN, it feels just as good giving people a good smack with it.

Phandy

Good job on all the info swag.
Looks great, very comprehensive. Hopefully we'll have something very constructive and full of useful information for new players.

You should talk to archie about the info he had been writing up about the game and integrate that. Have a section like "New to game", which we can refer the new players too. I agree with the Role Options too. Maybe a little section just before that Describes them all, under a "Roles" banner.

If its not in all of archies info, we should write up that 1-6 basics guide we were talking about HonGAF. I still think something like that would be SOOO useful for all the new-to-dota players.

Great stuff regardless. Time to carry some fools with my skeleton king yo.

deleted

I don't know if that's ok with Archie, but he posted this in the Dataminded thread not too long ago. Maybe some of it can complement the OP.

Hylian7

DGRE said:
lol. I play HoN and I always read "ss mid" as "stay safe."

Makes sense, right?
When I was playing HoN, usually every time someone said "ss", there was someone on the other team playing Soul Stealer, so I assumed they meant "Soul Stealer mid"

Also, FUCK STORM SPIRIT, FUCK STORM SPIRIT, FUCK STORM SPIRIT.

Every time I've faced him on the other team he's always trouble.

deleted

Forkball said:
You should put a list of GAFfers in the beta in the OP so we can meet up.

I don't think the OP can contain such a list in the right way. It would get way to crowded way too soon and wouldn't get updated as fast as it should.

Its easier to link to the steam-group and the ingame channel. Everyone who wants to play with/against GAF should go there.

Just went 17-0-12 with Nevermore. His design is pretty damn badass. Controlling rune spawns with Bottle as solo mid wins so many games against newer players. They spawn every 2 minutes, starting at 0:00, so if you're having a hard time in this game - try to time as many rune pickups as you can. Invisibility is pretty much a free kill or two during the early and mid game.

Hylian7

mr. puppy said:
you guys seriously need to work on your hero categories.

Tinker as a ganker? WTF?
There is a dropdown menu in game that you can sort heroes by category with. The OP is using that.

Hylian7

PNstyle said:
Is it normal that the game hick ups for 3 seconds after the hero selection at bot games?
Happens to me every time, even in games without bots. I also get occasional "source stutters" in game, but it's not that bad.

Speaking of picking, is All Pick the only one available right now, or are the other modes hidden somewhere else?

PNstyle said:
Is it normal that the game hick ups for 3 seconds after the hero selection at bot games?
That is normal I think, happens all the time even in botless games when people pick a hero, just not as severe as a bot game.

Neki

mr. puppy said:
you guys seriously need to work on your hero categories.

Tinker as a ganker? WTF?

Tinker is a ganker early-mid game. He only becomes carry late game if he gets amazing farm. That's what you're supposed to do with Tinker, gank because he has the highest single target nukes in the game.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
MrKnives said:
Isn't he a Carry there?
Yeah, Tinker is listed as a Carry and Slardar as a Ganker.

I wasn't going to complain though since I think the categorizations in the OP would make more sense to people who are new to the game.

My lol experience helps me 0% in this game. Getting owned by bots.
Btw whats the console command that shows my fps + current ping in the lower half of the screen? Saw this on some streams.

x3r0123

PNstyle said:
My lol experience helps me 0% in this game. Getting owned by bots.
Btw whats the console command that shows my fps + current ping in the lower half of the screen? Saw this on some streams.

net_graph 1

make an autoexec file and it automatically load the desired settings when you launch the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom