• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scribblenauts Preview/Impressions Thread - You will say "wow." (see post #217)

toonhead2

Neo Member
Jackson said:
luts54

Like I said, I've worn it, fit's my head alright. :D

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :D I stand corrected. So it is your new thinking cap. That's awesome pic, now I need to get one of those.

I wonder if we can put rooster hats on other characters in the game.

razdor2k

Banned
Jackson said:
luts54

Wow Jackson your hawt :lol

Feeling the creativity Hormones starting to gather up while you wear that hat huhhh?????

Zomg, I gotta get one of those hattics!

EDIT: Im pretty sure WB did those hats right? cus if not they kinda not really well at publishing games... i mean, whats getting Video games ratings higher then clothes :D

You better keep on producting those hats even after game is launched, it needs to get produced for ever so the Game of the forever will never lose the throne!

vulva

so excited for this game. Buying it day 1. Hell, I even know people who strictly pirate DS games that are buying it day 1. Everyone wants to support this awesome effort.

Jackson, you truly are a king amongst men.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Waiting for this game is like waking up to Christmas Eve every day.

I call for a GAF-only pre-release. Jackson? Start sending out copies. :D

Holy fffffffffffffffffuck @ how awesome that picture is. Heh, Jackson looks like he's the nemesis of the Not Interested Sony Translator.

Ya dude, I appreciate your enthusiasm and effort as well with Scribblenautics and everything. And not just you but the artists doing avatars and everyone telling their friends. It's really amazing how people have latched onto this title!

No problem there, that's for damn sure. This is an incredible game, and people are hyped about it. Myself included. At this point writing that blog is a very enjoyable hobby :D

Blizzard

Banned
That picture is so amazing, I think I may have to stop complaining about pitons not being in the game. :lol I have a big head, but I could always wear the hat like an aviator's helmet!

Eteric Rice

Blizzard said:
That picture is so amazing, I think I may have to stop complaining about pitons not being in the game. :lol I have a big head, but I could always wear the hat like an aviator's helmet!

Maybe Piton just isn't in yet? :p

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
@Jackson: just throwing my 2 cents, but have you considered pushing the game as a way for children to practice spelling and use their imagination? I like the idea, however silly that may sound.

Was planning on just walking into any store and picking this up day 1, but with that awesome hat I'm marching over to EB asap and putting a preorder down for TWO (one for me and one for my gf). I can't wait to wear it while playing the game

Wherewolf

Neo Member
MNC said:
That's it, a picture with you, surfing GAF and that thing on this instant. Make it happen.
I'll try to buy a second copy if you do.

EDIT: Wow, you did. I'm glad I preordered!

Yay, I can finally post!

This game is incredible.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Peru said:
Yeah I immediately thought it could be used in the classroom in some way or other. Or several ways.

I don't know if it could go that far, but I was thinking about advertising, actually.

nolan694

Neo Member
If I were to get that hat, I would never take it off, it would be like a second skull.
On a somewhat related note: You should start a website for people to post pictures of themselves wearing that hat in everyday situations

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Kilrogg said:
@Jackson: just throwing my 2 cents, but have you considered pushing the game as a way for children to practice spelling and use their imagination? I like the idea, however silly that may sound.

Even more than that, it would be marvellous for language classes (especially the PAL version).

malingenie said:
I can't believe it took a rooster hat for me to buy something from Gamestop instead of Amazon.

It looks hot

Same thought I had. In fact I'm a bit worried, as I've never bought from Gamestop before. I'm worried they're going to mess something up...

I'm trying to get this shipped to my work address and already Gamestop is FREAKING OUT. They called me twice and sent me an email to make sure I am who I say I am. Guess I can't fault their fraud detection, but I do hope this doesn't lead to problems in the future.

Twilight Princess said:
anyone know of a way to get the preorder bonus in canada? :(

do you know anyone in the US who'd get it and send it to you? I'm sure you could find someone here on GAF who'd be willing to do that if you paypal the money for the game preorder and shipping. Don't know if that'd be worth your while since the extra cost would be like paying for the hat though...

You could keep an eye on ebay too, preorder bonuses always end up there but can get pricey depending on what it is (BlazBlue artbook was going for like $50!)

Peru said:
Yeah I immediately thought it could be used in the classroom in some way or other. Or several ways.
Schools' Destination Imagination teams could use it to brush up on their imagination skills, perhaps.

MNC

weeman_com said:
Nope but i cant wait to see user videos when the game releases, i think everyone in the gaf will be trying out the "post 217" trick first though!
I actually won't! I'll play the game normally and really use just anything that pops in my mind first :lol The fun of discovering I'll do in the sandbox title screen.

Apoc29

Twilight Princess said:
anyone know of a way to get the preorder bonus in canada? :(
From the Canada Gaming Deals thread:

Smash88 said:
EBGames in Canada will also have the Maxwell hat available for pre-order.

"People who pre-order the 5th Cell-developed game at GameStop in the U.S. or EB Games in Canada will receive this spiffy Maxwell rooster hat when they pick up their copy on Sept. 15."

I cannot wait for the embargo to end this coming Friday. I have a feeling more sites have it than last embargo.

Or, at least, more English speaking websites!

o0achilles0o

Neo Member
Well, the rooster hat has convinced me to pre-order my second copy of Scribblenauts. First one is through Amazon... it'll be interesting to see which copy I get in my grubby little hands first.

weeman_com

Neo Member
MNC said:
I actually won't! I'll play the game normally and really use just anything that pops in my mind first :lol The fun of discovering I'll do in the sandbox title screen.
Thanks for being the first to quote me here in the GAF :)
I think i would do the same and then in the

--- Spoiler unlockable content {rumoured}
Uber-hard only use items once unlockable mode i would get creative

b.e.r.g

Jackson said:
http://tinyurl.com/luts54
:lol Now that's how to sell your game! These are the kind of preorder bonuses I like to see. Just goofy stuff that'll give you a good laugh :D

Majukun

Jackson said:
luts54

awesome hat for a awesome game

oh yeah and awesome pose too:lol
I've promoted this game in every forum i post.
you're making an incredible work with this game:D

razdor2k

Banned
Jackson I believe your still alive? ( portal song )

So how was the cake ( portal joke )

Now its the real question, and this is a really good one:

Does Rocket Launcher and Missle launcher spawns the same weapon with the same look and same damage? same ammo? just the same thing?

Jackson, do you have any response to the criticisms in this month's Edge magazine? They claim that the game would be perfect were it not for some control issues, notably that since everything is stylus based Maxwell often moves around when you don't want him to, when you meant to select an item for example, and that it was incredibly frustrating setting up an elaborate solution only for Maxwell to storm into it and break it down by mistake.

Is this likely a problem with Edge's DS or build? I must say I've not heard such criticisms elsewhere. Will the option to control Maxwell with the D-Pad be in the final game? I know it goes against all-stylus control but it's a sacrifice I could handle if it removed the possibility of the above happening.

Sounds like you're nigh on guaranteed a much coveted Edge 10 if the controls are sorted!

dojokun

Banned
Hey I got a quick question... what is with the rooster theme anyway? I know Maxwell also wears a rooster hat on his head, but WHY?

Gabroni

Banned
The best impression of Scribblenauts whether it be true or not.

MikeOmega
June 17, 2009 at 9:07 PM

I tried ScribbleNauts at E3. I was playing and a crowd gathered to watch me play. The puzzle was one where there is a thirsty man who wants a drink.
I didn’t want to go for the obvious, so I though Jesus would make some wine. He appeared then did nothing. The group yelled out suggestions this one guy said strap on and dick so I tried. I didn’t do any thing but make a e for everyone logo.
Then people are all “ZOMFG there are no strap-ons and dicks in this game”!!!!
I just glued a salami to a belt and made Jesus put on the belt.
There you go, this is the only game I know that allows for strap-on Jesus.
Then you make a Dog, a portal and rudimentry enima kit (out of a cushion, funnel and length of hose). It gets too weird after that.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2009/06/so-how-did-scribblenauts-come-up-with-10000-in-game-items/

I swear, the first thing I'm going to do when I get Scribblenauts is have God, Buddha, Satan, Allah, and Tom Cruise who represents Scientelogy fight each other to find the one true faith.

Puffles

Banned
MikeOmega
June 17, 2009 at 9:07 PM

I tried ScribbleNauts at E3. I was playing and a crowd gathered to watch me play. The puzzle was one where there is a thirsty man who wants a drink.
I didn’t want to go for the obvious, so I though Jesus would make some wine. He appeared then did nothing. The group yelled out suggestions this one guy said strap on and dick so I tried. I didn’t do any thing but make a e for everyone logo.
Then people are all “ZOMFG there are no strap-ons and dicks in this game”!!!!
I just glued a salami to a belt and made Jesus put on the belt.
There you go, this is the only game I know that allows for strap-on Jesus.
Then you make a Dog, a portal and rudimentry enima kit (out of a cushion, funnel and length of hose). It gets too weird after that.
Wait, so typing in something inappropriate like "strap on" or "dick" spawns the E logo for the ESRB rating? Oh my god, that's amazing! :lol

Jesus wearing the makeshift strap-on belt is amazing, too. He should've used a lollipop instead of a salami, though, then Maxwell could've given Jesus a... you know what, never mind, the salami was perfect.

Top Bottom