• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GA No Limit Holdem Poker Tournament! Sign Up Here!

tmdorsey

Did you ever find out from pokerroom.com about how exactly the servers are setup and what determines which server you join?

tmdorsey said:
Did you ever find out from pokerroom.com about how exactly the servers are setup and what determines which server you join?

They never responded... which is horrible since I wrote a convincing letter... ;)

Here's the current progress.

It seems there are no sites that support private NL tables, etc.

I've found something though- someone wrote a pretty comprehensive IRC poker bot quite a few years ago- there's even a frontend so you know what's going on.

I'm looking into this- it's very possible to easily run a tournament using this.

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
Mister Zimbu said:
Here's the current progress.

It seems there are no sites that support private NL tables, etc.

I've found something though- someone wrote a pretty comprehensive IRC poker bot quite a few years ago- there's even a frontend so you know what's going on.

I'm looking into this- it's very possible to easily run a tournament using this.

coollllll

So this is what I found while looking at the FAQs:

Why can’t I find my friend’s table?
One of you might be a real-money player while the other is a play-money player, who are put on the different respective servers. You will be able to play together if the play-money player real-money enables his account and makes a deposit, so that you will both be on the real-money server when you login.

tmdorsey

WasabiKing said:
So this is what I found while looking at the FAQs:

Why can’t I find my friend’s table?
One of you might be a real-money player while the other is a play-money player, who are put on the different respective servers. You will be able to play together if the play-money player real-money enables his account and makes a deposit, so that you will both be on the real-money server when you login.

So everybody needs to make sure they have play-money only accounts then we could all be on the same server right?

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
tmdorsey said:
So everybody needs to make sure they have play-money only accounts then we could all be on the same server right?

Nah thats BS.. I don't think any GAFFER had real money accounts that night and still the servers were split. Its just how it use. That FAQ explanation is jsut wanting people to put real money in.

OK, I just got an official response:

Hi,

Thank you for contacting PokerRoom support and please accept our apologies for the delay in replying.

In order to accommodate the large number of players recently, we have set up yet another play-money server in addition to our existing play-money and real-money servers.

Play-money players are located on one of the two play-money servers and real money players are on the real-money server.

Since these three servers do not currently communicate with one another, players of differing play status may see a different list of tables and be unable to find each other. If you and your friends are a group of play-money and real-money players, the only solution would be for play-money players to make a small deposit so that they can get on to the real-money servers to find their friends or watch the games there.

It is sometimes also possible that play-money players cannot find their friends, as play-money players are now randomly put on one of our two different play-money servers. In the meantime, if you are all play-money players, to find your friend, all you need to do is reload the lobby page, or restart the game application if you are using the downloaded software. You will then have a 50% chance of finding the correct server. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience while our technical team is working on a better solution

Regards,

Andrew

PokerRoom.com Support Team

Top Bottom