• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

DBT85

So now that falcon has shipped I have £25 burning a hole on my vip account. Decicions Decicions.

"Fan Media" those sites that obey the rules of mighty TLG on leaks and have good coverage can get sets for review before they go on sale (and some other perks like trips to Billund, etc.)
Ahh OK. Now I understand!

willp2003

Bags 1 completed on the falcon. Took 2 hours. Gonna have to have a break now as I've pulled a muscle in my back, from constantly stretching over the model and manual to get to the bits. Will have to have shuffle round for the rest of the build.

So no fire sales (yet).

Not a business person, but I don't understand how a company so deep in debt can have such shabby, run-down properties and artificially high prices exceeding MSRP. The money is being spent on what exactly?
I’m sure the average employee is payed exceptionally well!

/s

Snaku

Banned
So no fire sales (yet).

Not a business person, but I don't understand how a company so deep in debt can have such shabby, run-down properties and artificially high prices exceeding MSRP. The money is being spent on what exactly?

Going off the other thread, Bain Capital is sucking out their profits.

papluh

So no fire sales (yet).

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...-fourth-quarter-of-fiscal-2016-300438484.html

like 99% of their 2016 Operating earnings of 460M USD were taken by the interest for the debt taken to buyout the company in 2005. They didn't wanted to share with common shareholder, now they take the hard fall ...

Experien

LEGO Ninjago Movie is AMAZING!

I loved it more than LEGO and Batman. Has two slow parts but it was really well done and they really knocked it out of the park with the jokes and animation. A+ stuff in that thing.

Didn't see it in 3D, so don't know about that.

I loved it more than LEGO and Batman. Has two slow parts but it was really well done and they really knocked it out of the park with the jokes and animation. A+ stuff in that thing.

Good to know. And based on some of the Facebook trailers,
how was Meowthra handled? I had an inkling a cat would be in there based on the sets having a laser pointer in them.

Experien

Good to know. And based on some of the Facebook trailers,
how was Meowthra handled? I had an inkling a cat would be in there based on the sets having a laser pointer in them.

Lots of jokes, the beginning had a lot of adults laughing constantly. My gf was cracking up more than I was. Some pretty good nods to original series.

As for your spoiler...
frickin' adorable! Very cute, funny, and makes sense with how the story is done. It is lightly tossed into the movie but not the main focus. It came out of NOWHERE for me since I don't watch trailers. And JANGs complaint about the laser pointer from the dragon set isn't a bug but a feature that sort of goes with the movie.

Lots of jokes, the beginning had a lot of adults laughing constantly. My gf was cracking up more than I was. Some pretty good nods to original series.

As for your spoiler...
frickin' adorable! Very cute, funny, and makes sense with how the story is done. It is lightly tossed into the movie but not the main focus. It came out of NOWHERE for me since I don't watch trailers. And JANGs complaint about the laser pointer from the dragon set isn't a bug but a feature that sort of goes with the movie.

Good to know. I was indifferent to the film, but the trailers have been fun when I saw them.
And my wife was very indifferent (she still won't watch LEGO Batman), but when she saw the Ninjago trailer the other month in theaters she was laughing a lot at it and I think wants to see it more than I do.

Does the movie make you want to buy ninjago sets such as city? :D

Destiny's Bounty is like that perfect storm of looking amazing, having great playability, great building techniques, and being relatively cheap per piece. Top it off with being very easily found, and possibly at a discount too.

Ponn

Banned
I got back home today and decided to build to try and relax and get my mind off of things.

kRNOLs9.jpg
What is this punch, a miserable pile of non-alcoholic beverage! Have at you!

Got this fishing boat for my halloween moc scene. My first set with a large boat piece like this, i'm assuming it floats. It's cool, and makes for a neat play feature for kids but from a building perspective it kind of takes the fun out of the process.
blah blah, what, vampires fish too.

Interesting that there are no reviews out yet for The Ninjago Movie. Maybe critics aren't allowed to release until tomorrow. Usually (not always) a blackout of reviews is a sign studios aren't confident in the movie and don't want negative reviews to hurt the opening weekend. After opening weekend, "word of mouth" kicks in.

This could be a good year for LEGO if the movie is a hit. Maybe LEGO will grow back the 5% shrinkage in sales they saw.

That's good to hear. I wondered how the humor would work without the pop culture crutch you could lean on in the other two movies. The trailers I've seen seem to rely heavily on worn out ninja cliches and lego-centric visual gags.

Koren

Destiny's Bounty is like that perfect storm of looking amazing, having great playability, great building techniques, and being relatively cheap per piece. Top it off with being very easily found, and possibly at a discount too.
At 90€, that's an impressive value. Can't wait to build it (and cry when I have to find a place for it)

My first set with a large boat piece like this, i'm assuming it floats. It's cool, and makes for a neat play feature for kids but from a building perspective it kind of takes the fun out of the process.
Building a giant catamaran that actually float, is stable, and can be pushed by actual wind, using old boats parts (those that you can chain) as floating devices on both sides is a wonderful memory of my Lego childhood. I'm sure you can do fun actual building with those parts ;)

Mix. Mix. Mix. Mix. Mix
I really think I'll do it, but that still seems a bit crazy.

papluh

So, LEGO has no clue where my MF shipment is. Their system says given to delivery company. Delivery company claims it was not picked up.

DBT85

Going through the tedious process of cataloguing my old LEGO. Bearing mind, much has no part number and some even just says "pat pend" it's that old. Lol. I have run out of bags.

So, LEGO has no clue where my MF shipment is. Their system says given to delivery company. Delivery company claims it was not picked up.
I'm kind of in the same boat
I paid £3 extra do that it came via royal mail rather than yodel but it seems there is no tracking certainly none that I've been given.

Going through the tedious process of cataloguing my old LEGO. Bearing mind, much has no part number and some even just says "pat pend" it's that old. Lol. I have run out of bags.

I'm kind of in the same boat
I paid £3 extra do that it came via royal mail rather than yodel but it seems there is no tracking certainly none that I've been given.

Another MF missing in action here too.

Order is marked as complete but tracking company say they don't have it yet.

I spoke with Lego customer service on live chat and they're going to look into it and get back to me by email.

The courier is Yodel so anything could have happened.

DBT85

Another MF missing in action here too.

Order is marked as complete but tracking company say they don't have it yet.

I spoke with Lego customer service on live chat and they're going to look into it and get back to me by email.

The courier is Yodel so anything could have happened.

With yodel its often best to check local shrubberies, wheelie bins and treetops. They really are capable of unimaginable stupidity.

Seems daft that there's not tracking on mine just because its Royal Mail. Like, there is no way they sent out a £650 set with no tracking...right?

R-User!

One more: and you get every main Ninja in it and their Sensai too!

When do you get every main character in one set outsidenof the Death Star?! Super rare.

DBT85

The minifigs I had as a child, well, all those that were in this bag. I do hope the rest is located!

Apparently I have a white, white/yellow, yellow and red spaceman, but not bloody blue!

Also found palm trees and treasure chests but no cannons. Curses.

b4ziNjh.jpg

_Rob_

The minifigs I had as a child, well, all those that were in this bag. I do hope the rest is located!

Apparently I have a white, white/yellow, yellow and red spaceman, but not bloody blue!

b4ziNjh.jpg

They're in pretty good shape for something played with as a child! A lot of mine have teeth marks unfortunately.

I picked up one of these sealed recently... it felt so damn good opening up and assembling a 14 year old set!

7413-01.jpg

Osahi

I can attest to the greatness that is the Destiny's Bounty. It's so good my wife let's me display it in the living room, which otherwise is offlimits for every Lego that isn't Wall-E or Modular Building.

It's a beautiful model. A great build. And it's great to play with for kids too. The only real thing I don't like about it (but it's so small it's petty) is the fact that accessing the cargo hold isn't realy easy (you need to remove the line with flags to have more room, and even then it can be tight).

Experien

Does the movie make you want to buy ninjago sets such as city? :D

I wanted to buy the city before but I didn't really recognize the "set" in the movie.

I want Jay's ship but don't know where I'd put it. So basically yes.

Interesting that there are no reviews out yet for The Ninjago Movie. Maybe critics aren't allowed to release until tomorrow. Usually (not always) a blackout of reviews is a sign studios aren't confident in the movie and don't want negative reviews to hurt the opening weekend. After opening weekend, "word of mouth" kicks in.

This could be a good year for LEGO if the movie is a hit. Maybe LEGO will grow back the 5% shrinkage in sales they saw.

My press friend says they weren't doing screeners for them. So obviously the screenings are just fan reactions.

That's good to hear. I wondered how the humor would work without the pop culture crutch you could lean on in the other two movies. The trailers I've seen seem to rely heavily on worn out ninja cliches and lego-centric visual gags.

Don't recall ninja cliches but I can see some LEGO gags but nothing seemed over the top and too much to me. Maybe I am not hardcore LEGO enough since I just got my first modular and no MF.

I wonder how it fare in comparison to the show though. I suppose no one here is actively watching it right?

Once you get into it after the first couple seasons, it becomes a good animated show in it's own right and you grow attached to the characters quite a bit! So this reboot while the actual show is continuing on the side is sort of weird to old fans...

DBT85

I literally know nothing about Ninjago so I'll be going in to the movie blind. Have to say the Batman movie didn't grab me much at all, despite absolutely loving Lego Movie.

I've been sorting through my old lego recently and god the state of some of it. The dirt! The teeth marks! The fading!

Yeah some of the dirt is insane on some of these bits, but those are likely the ones that are 30+ years old! Managed to find a bunch of part numbers on bricklink so I can sort my cataloguing out without too much trouble.

Pissed I don't have a blue spaceman though.

tuffy

b4ziNjh.jpg
Reminds me of my small vintage Lego spaceman army (with one guest):
I took care of my stuff pretty well even as a kid so they're still in decent shape. A bunch of these guys are now manning Benny's Spaceship where they fit right in.

Experien

I wonder how it fare in comparison to the show though. I suppose no one here is actively watching it right?

Once you get into it after the first couple seasons, it becomes a good animated show in it's own right and you grow attached to the characters quite a bit! So this reboot while the actual show is continuing on the side is sort of weird to old fans...

I can see that but how they do this movie/story sort of explains why it is different. It isn't necessarily a reboot but more of a different story, a stand-alone film in a Ninjago universe. Of course I am not up-to-date on current series so I don't know how they are running things but felt like its own thing.

Snaku

Banned
I literally know nothing about Ninjago so I'll be going in to the movie blind. Have to say the Batman movie didn't grab me much at all, despite absolutely loving Lego Movie.

Same boat. The Batman movie was extremely annoying most of the time to me. Lego Batman works as a supporting character in TLM, but I can't stomach him as the main character. TLM also had the better story, better characters, better humor, and more heart. I have no prior knowledge of Ninjago, so I don't know what to expect.

Koren

Reminds me of my small vintage Lego spaceman army (with one guest):

I took care of my stuff pretty well even as a kid so they're still in decent shape.
Mine are in decent shape too, but several of the headgears for classic spacemen are broken (Benny-like) :/ I have probably a bunch of roadsigns broken at the bottom of the pole, too.

Medieval Market Village (10193) is on awd for $142, which is still decent for piece count (I mean, i got it for $86 in 2012 but it's been OOP for years).

Top Bottom