• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2017 |OT| All in

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Shootout loss is the perfect result here. Gets us that point to clinch that first wild card while also makes sure the gap between us and the third Metro spot gets even wider. Almost (but still not quite) impossible for us to finish anywhere but fourth in the division now.

Meta, how bad was the interference on Nash? I was stuck listening to the radio for that and announcers made it sound like it was the most absurd dive by Nash in his career or something.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Meta, how bad was the interference on Nash? I was stuck listening to the radio for that and announcers made it sound like it was the most absurd dive by Nash in his career or something.

It wasn't a dive, but I didn't think it was interference either. Basically Nash tried to go around whoever it was (I don't remember anymore), and he was definitely blocked off and prevented from getting around, but I didn't think the Penguin player went out of his way to do so. I kind of saw it as a make up call from a couple earlier non-calls more than anything else.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
By the way, the Rangers still have not won at Madison Square Garden since February 19.

2 home games remaining in the season.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh wtf sportsnet. It's 7pm put the game on. Why is the fucking bluejays post game show preempting the nucks game on their own fucking channel?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Glenn Healy is working the MSG broadcast from between the benches, and it's very clear, because he's mentioned it multiple times now, that he does not know that the Rangers have already clinched a playoff spot.
So this is what he's doing now, shocked the Rangers would give him the time of day.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So this is what he's doing now, shocked the Rangers would give him the time of day.

He only pops up every now and then. I'd say he's probably been involved one way or another in like 5 games or so this season. Every time it's a struggle.

Marvie_3

Banned
Fuck Q for putting Panarin out there for these empty net situations. These freebie points are going to cost Chicago a couple mil in cap space at this rate.

Marvie_3

Banned
sjC22rx.gif

Fuck Q for putting Panarin out there for these empty net situations. These freebie points are going to cost Chicago a couple mil in cap space at this rate.

i'm sure it would help with future panarin negotiations by benching him for no other reason than to rob him of his bonus.

Tootoo being useless as usual.

So the injuries are to blame for blowing a 2 goal lead? Certainly werent a problem when getting the lead.

So you didn't watch the blackhawks game where we had no defense?

The only reason we had a shot for most of the game was rangers constantly gave us powerplays.

It wasn't a dive, but I didn't think it was interference either. Basically Nash tried to go around whoever it was (I don't remember anymore), and he was definitely blocked off and prevented from getting around, but I didn't think the Penguin player went out of his way to do so. I kind of saw it as a make up call from a couple earlier non-calls more than anything else.

That's what I figured, usually when they're that upset it's like their trying to hard and it was a really small thing.

That line in always getting hemmed in the zone 5 on 5. Why are you risking a lead putting them out the 6 on 5?

i read something recently talking about how q likes to put the skill guys out there in empty net situations to go for the empty net dagger instead of laying back and trying to kill the clock

Curufinwe

Neuvirth collapsed in the first so Stolarz came in and finished the shutout. He was on a bus to Wilkes-Barre, PA when Hextall found out Mason was too sick to be the back up, so they had a car ready to drive him to Philly. By he didn't arrive in time to be on the bench at the start of the game.

Top Bottom