• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Getting high

highrider

Banned
you're confusing marijuana's acute effects with its realized effects.

the "acute effects" are the silly things like giggling, tripping over, not being able to get work done. they happen to casual or first-time users.

people who smoke regularly, however, only get the realized effects(casuals get the acute and the realized but often cannot overcome the initial, acute effects), the effects that help you transcend your thinking, enjoy life, etc.
This. There isn't anything I can't do while using marijuana. It is a natural mental and physical state for me. 44, been a daily smoker since high school.

This. There isn't anything I can't do while using marijuana. It is a natural mental and physical state for me. 44, been a daily smoker since high school.

Wouldn't the "realized effects" just be a result of dependency? Marijuana has cery obvious and well documented neurological effects, anything beyond that though is just a result of your dependency and the relief that comes when you get it.

Zeke

my gf and I are thinking about buying buying an 1/8 each rolling two blunts and heading back down to the coast. Shit was amazing last weekend. Sat out there with a cooler of good beer and a few bowls stayed out there and watched the sun set.

highrider

Banned
Wouldn't the "realized effects" just be a result of dependency? Marijuana has cery obvious and well documented neurological effects, anything beyond that though is just a result of your dependency and the relief that comes when you get it.
In my experience it's not physically addictive. It is really easy to stop or not use it, as opposed to cigarettes or alcohol. Both physically addictive drugs

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Smoking anything is absolutely terrible for your lungs.
Flaming hot particulate destroys tissue.

Agreed. Progress needs to be made on this front:

ecigwork.jpg

These should come in "T.H.C." It's only a matter of time before someone makes a 300 million dollars on this.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face

ecigwork.jpg

These should come in "T.H.C." It's only a matter of time before someone makes a 300 million dollars on this.

Wouldn't a vaporizer be good enough?

The e-cig is a vaporizer, and there are portable vaporizers you can buy for between maybe 80-250 bucks. They get as small as sharpie pens I think. It would be interesting to see cheap disposable electronic marijuana cigarettes, though, like the Blu's they sell at Walgreens/CVS now.

ecigwork.jpg

They already do, dispensaries in cali sell disposable ones im pretty sure

Also, lol at all the construction workers smoke comments

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I can honestly say that I was more productive when high at work. Coworkers can definitely attest to that. That being said, I don't do it at work anymore. Felt like I was wasting it for some reason because of the environment.

Durask

To the OP - pot, shmot, whatever.

Just be sure not to take opiates when someone eventually offers them to you. Totally different game.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I miss weed thread :/
In remembrance
There used to be a weed thread?
Goddamn how did I miss it.....did people constantly forget to post in it so it never made it to the front few pages?

http://www.e-cigarettedirect.com/product_images/uploaded_images/ecigwork.jpg[/IMG
These should come in "T.H.C." It's only a matter of time before someone makes a 300 million dollars on this.[/QUOTE]

Just get a Magic Box:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/gUm33.jpg

Perfect for when weed becomes legal in "wherever"....it doesnt disturb others and you can even use it indoors no worries.

I still love my joints and all, but sometimes the Vape is needed.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
There used to be a weed thread?
Goddamn how did I miss it.....did people constantly forget to post in it so it never made it to the front few pages?

No it was popular, chill And awesome. It was the complete opposite of gaf as a whole. No one fought, people posted music And gifs.. Wonderful

In my experience, the MFLB is really great the first 10-20 times you use it, but after that it's shit. I guess it's good for someone who doesn't smoke that often, but for regulars it just doesn't get the job done. There's no substitute for a good bong rip.

Hootie

Just get a Magic Box:
gUm33.jpg

This is the greatest piece of marijuana technology I've ever used/purchased. I've had it for over 2 years and it has become my primary method of getting high. I've weaned myself off conventional smoking about 95%.

Portable, stealthy, efficient, and most of all healthy (compared to smoking). Cant beat it.

I've reprogrammed Cisco routers, configured complex software, and written solid code while high. I don't smoke at work, but sometimes you get called at night to fix something and you're baked. One difference between weed and booze is that you're acutely aware that you're high. So I double-check all sorts of stuff when I'm high that I wouldn't if I were sober.

ahh yes it's great for coding. At home that is.

Mr.Swag

Banned
In my experience, the MFLB is really great the first 10-20 times you use it, but after that it's shit. I guess it's good for someone who doesn't smoke that often, but for regulars it just doesn't get the job done. There's no substitute for a good bong rip.

Don't know if its my batteries, but I've had the same experience.
The MFLB, barely does anything to me. Even when I first got it, it was t that great. Need to get new batteries.

Mr.Swag

Banned
Wondering what you guys weekly/monthly budget is on the herb.
Between my girl and I we spend an average of $30 a week. We try to just stick to glass, so small amounts last.
How bout y'all?

Edit: I know people that'll spend $10 a day every day, for a blunt. Why they don't buy in bulk, I don't understand.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Depends on what kind of week I have goin on or what. If it'll be super stressful or I have something coming up I want to be high for I can buy in a larger bulk from my housemate or buy from shops here in sf, usually for edibles and wax/hash/pre rolled joints.

Average is $30 a week, median is $60 and largest is $135/160

Aadil

Banned
I do most things when I'm high and function normally, unless it's one of those days where I've been binging.

Sometimes though it does slow me down and I back track a lot which can't be good.

I used to work in a restaurant waitering and we'd all get high in our breaks, and now, well now I teach...it's fun making paper aeroplanes all day with my kids...

zerotol

Banned
Between my girl and I we spend an average of $30 a week. We try to just stick to glass, so small amounts last.
How bout y'all?

Edit: I know people that'll spend $10 a day every day, for a blunt. Why they don't buy in bulk, I don't understand.

Don't smoke it anymore, but when I did I usually got it for free from my friends dad, who grew amazing hydroponic weed. There were a few dry spells where my friends and I had to buy an 8th of Mexi dirt weed for about 35 bucks. Seeds and stems, blech.

People still smoke blunts? That cigar paper is awful.

Steelrain

I'm surprised people don't know that getting high as fuck and working construction is the normal way of things. Everyone knows this.

Aadil

Banned
How bout y'all?

I used to spend about 40pounds (GBP) a day when I was fully on it.
Then I used to buy ounces at a time in the thought that I'd spend less and be able to regulate my smoking.

Didn't work.

IrishNinja

why ya'll on about google overlords? it's fair game till it's locked, no? easier to ask forgiveness than permission etc etc

Just get a Magic Box:
gUm33.jpg

Perfect for when weed becomes legal in "wherever"....it doesnt disturb others and you can even use it indoors no worries.

I still love my joints and all, but sometimes the Vape is needed.

this man knows what's up. bought one after advice from the old thread here (RIP), can't go back now.

also OG Kush goddamn you live up to your name, that looks fantastic

Top Bottom