• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: In Production [Rumors/SPOILERS for All Films Past, Present, & Future]

Basically any Star Wars plot is going to sound like fan fiction at this point.

Yeah, but I think at least for me it's the fact that it's being created by people that have actually had a relationship with the series. Abrams may be considered a "fan" I guess, but he's also a legitimate filmmaker and the script was written partly by Kasdan. I don't think these are a bunch of random fanboys but rather real talent. But if George Lucas not writing/directing means it's fan-fiction, then I guess it's fan-fiction no matter what. That being said, concerning the prequels, it doesn't seem like having the original mastermind there is always for the best.

And again, to me this honestly doesn't sound like fan-fiction. This sounds like something new and something that no one really predicted, and that itself separates it from what normally comes out of fan-fiction, which is a bunch of unimaginative, unoriginal garbage. I will stop typing fan-fiction at some point.

How are they going to resurrect the Sith if they keep killing all the Jedis (and where did all these Jedis come from post-RotJ?) Don't they need to eventually turn one bad somehow instead of killing him to start a new breed of Sith?

my understanding is he's still involved in the rough outline of the story

Lucas provided an outline of the general events of 7-9. How much of that has been changed is questionable but I would say that folks like Abrams and Kasdan would respect the basics of Lucas' story. They have a lot of gaps and details and such to fill in I'm sure.

Mariolee

Inquisitors would tie in with this official canon from the upcoming Rebels.

Star-Wars-Rebels-Inquisitor.jpg

I can believe it.

Gintamen

Sounds interesting. Also kinda sounds like KOTOR II.

How long ago would Plaguies' death have been by this point, like 100 years? Figure its been 50 years since ROTS, and Palpatine was probably a younger man when he killed his master.
Plagueis wasn't human and had his own novel, explaining his connection and time with Palpatine already. Come on, keep that part of the extended universe at least.

Bizazedo

Oh my, no more light saber wielding characters on the empires side please. As if Starkiller wasn't enough shitting on the canon. Feels like it's influenced by Lucas again. :'( Vibroblades would be nice though.

Oh hey look, it's a double bladed saber, too. Shocking.

Drake

I like the idea of Jedi Hunters (hopefully they have a different name in the film). I can't believe they scrapped the New Republic, at least for now.

Herne

How are they going to resurrect the Sith if they keep killing all the Jedis (and where did all these Jedis come from post-RotJ?) Don't they need to eventually turn one bad somehow instead of killing him to start a new breed of Sith?

A Jedi that has fallen to the Dark Side is called a Dark Jedi. See Asajj Ventress, Sora Bulq, Jerec, etc.

A Sith is something very different.

Bizazedo

A Jedi that has fallen to the Dark Side is called a Dark Jedi. See Asajj Ventress, Sora Bulq, Jerec, etc.

A Sith is something very different.

Weren't Vader and Dooku considered Sith at some point?

Always two there are, blah blah.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Oh my, no more light saber wielding characters on the empires side please. As if Starkiller wasn't enough shitting on the canon. Feels like it's influenced by Lucas again. :'( Vibroblades would be nice though.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Inquisitorius

Lmao dude this is star wars post 1999, lightsabers will be everywhere and you will get caught up in the hypestorm until you sit back and think about what you've seen and then you will get disappointed.

Also starkiller is non canon now remember how all games are non canon as of like 4 weeks ago?

I would love it if vibroblades made a showing, it's more in line as the weapon of an evil force if you ask me.

But seriously I can never get enough of lightsabers, they've been my favorite part of star wars since empire

Weren't Vader and Dooku considered Sith at some point?

Always two there are, blah blah.

Yeah they were, as far as I understand it there are two kinds of "sith". Those who follow the sith teachings, not quite the same thing as following the dark side of the force, and the actual sith race which are the original race of korriban who are like red looking dudes.

So like... at the end of Return of the Jedi, Luke's the only Jedi around. And for 30 years afterwards, these Jedi Hunters have been hunting him, but they still can't kill him.

These Jedi Hunters are pretty bad at their job.

Rad-

I like the Jedi Hunter idea but not the Sith one. Make them form a new faction or something but let Sith go pls.

bengraven

The shit in the OP alone makes me love this.

I have yet to see anything about VII I haven't liked and that's scary to me.

Sapiens

Jedi Hunters? Sounds cool, but there isn't any left?

Well, according to the rumours,
Luke has fathered many children throughout the galaxy whom he later scoops up to train at the age of five and then assigns them roles and sets them out on their own at the age of about 15. He's been able to do that a lot in the last 30 some-odd years.

Guy.brush

Feels like they were desperate to keep the heroes the underdogs. Having the Empire still be a major force undermines the victory in ROTJ and basically the whole point of Palpatine's arc. Also wonder how "Sith fanboy" Jedi Hunters are now kicking the chosen one's son's ass when he defeated the greatest Sith of them all?

I hope they don't weaken the OT just to get dat Abrams Star Trek bangbang action going as fast as possible.

Metalmarc

Lucas rough outlined to episode 12 so we are going to have to wait until, episode 13 and the spinoff movies before we are completley cleared of lucas influence

The Jedi Hunters thing Sounds like Fan fiction? Well JJ Abrams is a fan whos grown up and got to do his dream of writing and directing, of course its fan fiction

It's probably only going to show scenes on Hoth briefly just for fan service

Still im looking forward to this

so what jedi besides Luke would be still alive from A New Hope all the way up to Episode 7 that would have been hidding from being hunted. seems like a plot that negates a lot of the story in Episodes 4-6. in Episode 4 several characters acknowledge that Vader is seemingly the only one of his kind left, although they were unaware of Luke, Obi-Wan, and Yoda, so it is plausible that other jedi have been around.

maharg

idspispopd
Jedi Hunter sounds like fanfiction.

How do you feel about these things?

- Darth Sidious
- Bobba Fett's dad, Jango Fett, is the source of a clone army that fights droids that are so stupid they sometimes shoot themselves.
- A Jamaican stereotype alien named Jar Jar Binks who wins battles by stumbling around and is the deciding vote in creating the Empire

The OP of this thread sounds positively classy by comparison.

so what jedi besides Luke would be still alive from A New Hope all the way up to Episode 7 that would have been hidding from being hunted.

It's a big galaxy and somehow they missed, as you said, 2 full fledged Jedi and 2 Jedi kids for 20 odd years. It really seems likely that there are more out there who fled, either before or during the clone wars. And we know of at least a couple of characters from the Clone Wars show who could have potentially survived.

sphagnum

Banned
Lucas' outline was used as the basis for Michael Arndt's draft, which was tossed out/substantially rewritten by JJ and Kasdan.

I really hope we find out one day what Lucas' outline was. He's not great with execution but he's a fantastic ideas-man.

Top Bottom