• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

brentech
Member
(06-13-2017, 05:58 PM)
brentech's Avatar
Wait a second, did this guy really just imply that I have the time to fish around the game and delete players at random?
I barely have time to manage my own team after running the daily sim.

Claude Dallas
Member
(06-13-2017, 06:01 PM)
Claude Dallas's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ron Mexico

Even Fausto Carmona...erm...Roberto Hernandez was still the same person playing the same position. I don't know how or why and I'm not going to imply intent. That said, there's definitely an issue.

Hate to do this, but I'm going to have to step down from the O's. The league file changing thing just calls too much into question to the point where it just won't be enjoyable anymore.

Good luck all.

First OOTP?
Ron Mexico
Member
(06-13-2017, 06:02 PM)
Ron Mexico's Avatar

Originally Posted by brentech

Wait a second, did this guy really just imply that I have the time to fish around the game and delete players at random?
I barely have time to manage my own team after running the daily sim.

No implications at all. Just saying the next time there was a talent change, anything that even seemed out of the ordinary, it just wouldn't feel right-- regardless of the true cause.

Been in leagues over the years that fell apart over similar issues.

But mostly, when things don't feel right (for whatever reason) it just wasn't going to be fun.

Originally Posted by Claude Dallas

First OOTP?

2 was. Still have the CD. But that's beside the point. It might be nothing. But is what it is. I locked up Machado to a long-term deal so there's a foundation for whomever takes over and I didn't tank the team or the like. It's in an OK spot for the next owner.
brentech
Member
(06-13-2017, 06:57 PM)
brentech's Avatar
Since it doesn't matter at this point, for anyone that would like to look into this matter any further, the player in question was Cuban FA named Luis Bello.

I was late to update the game yesterday, so the website is behind and still has him on there: http://gobl.obleague.com/lg/reports/...yer_40489.html
His only history is "1/26/2017 Entered the GAF Online Baseball League as a free agent from Cuba."

I did a player search in game and couldn't find him. Not sure if there is any other method, but it seems he just disappeared.
Claude Dallas
Member
(06-13-2017, 07:04 PM)
Claude Dallas's Avatar
Lol someone quit over a 30 year old low ceiling Cuban
brentech
Member
(06-13-2017, 09:46 PM)
brentech's Avatar
Sim: 7 days
Date: Jan 8, 2017
Notes: Some small and mid tier signings.
CrimsonCommie
Member
(06-14-2017, 03:45 AM)
CrimsonCommie's Avatar
Anybody been checking out the real draft? The guy I took in the first round of our draft was the #1 pick!

Originally Posted by Claude Dallas

Lol someone quit over a 30 year old low ceiling Cuban

lol
acheron_xl
Member
(06-14-2017, 03:52 AM)
acheron_xl's Avatar

Originally Posted by CrimsonCommie

Anybody been checking out the real draft? The guy I took in the first round of our draft was the #1 pick!

Hunter Greene, who I picked at 1.4 went 1.2 to the Reds. Love that kid. He's both my highest-ceiling SP and my highest-ceiling SS. And the guy the Rays actually took at 1.4 (another potential 2-way guy), I picked at 1.31. Sadly was unable to sign him.
CrimsonCommie
Member
(06-14-2017, 03:55 AM)
CrimsonCommie's Avatar

Originally Posted by acheron_xl

Hunter Greene, who I picked at 1.4 went 1.2 to the Reds. Love that kid. He's both my highest-ceiling SP and my highest-ceiling SS. And the guy the Rays actually took at 1.4, I picked at 1.31. Sadly was unable to sign him.

I wanted Hunter Greene but I had the 5th or 6th pick.
acheron_xl
Member
(06-14-2017, 03:56 AM)
acheron_xl's Avatar
I'm going to have a really nice rotation in about 6 years.
brentech
Member
(06-14-2017, 04:22 AM)
brentech's Avatar
I wanted just about anyone, but I have no money.
Claude Dallas
Member
(06-14-2017, 04:51 AM)
Claude Dallas's Avatar

Originally Posted by brentech

I wanted just about anyone, but I have no money.

You're a really shitty cheater
brentech
Member
(06-14-2017, 02:14 PM)
brentech's Avatar
Oh yeah, we decided we will switch to 14 day sims when all the FAs rated over 50 by OSA Scouting have been signed, instead of doing it on a certain date. Just an FYI.
CosmicQueso
Member
(06-14-2017, 10:58 PM)
CosmicQueso's Avatar

Originally Posted by Claude Dallas

Lol someone quit over a 30 year old low ceiling Cuban

About time we had some real drama in GOBL.

Hell man, if I was giving a big contract to a low ceiling FA and they decided to go resign in Cuba or retire or get deleted or whatever I'd just say that the game was trying to save me from myself.
brentech
Member
(06-14-2017, 11:21 PM)
brentech's Avatar
I just chalk it up to someone not really knowing me or what I'm about. Mostly likely was done with the league before that. I'm not sure what he wanted me to do, re-create the guy? I don't touch the back end. Ever.

Sim: 7 days
Date: Jan 15, 2018
Notes: 14 players over 50 OVR remaining in the FA pool.
brentech
Member
(06-15-2017, 09:25 PM)
brentech's Avatar
Sim: 7 days
Date: Jan 22, 2018
Notes: 14 players over 50 OVR remaining in the FA pool.



Not able to sign anyone this year, but managed to extend Andrew Miller, which was an owner goal. I guess that's a win.
Rommel
Junior Member
(06-15-2017, 09:35 PM)
Rommel's Avatar
Holy crap... Puig coming down with MS... OOTP can be brutal
timetokill
Banned
(06-15-2017, 11:29 PM)
timetokill's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rommel

Holy crap... Puig coming down with MS... OOTP can be brutal

what the fuck?
i always hear the worst news in this thread you guys lol
CosmicQueso
Member
(06-16-2017, 12:12 AM)
CosmicQueso's Avatar
LeanGreen is BadNews.

Carl Edwards Jr, what were you thinking?
Dr_LawyerCop
Member
(06-16-2017, 02:32 AM)
Dr_LawyerCop's Avatar

Originally Posted by timetokill

what the fuck?
i always hear the worst news in this thread you guys lol

He's out 2 days. I don't think it'll have a lasting impact but I could be surprised
acheron_xl
Member
(06-16-2017, 02:57 PM)
acheron_xl's Avatar

Originally Posted by brentech

Sim: 7 days
Date: Jan 22, 2018
Notes: 14 players over 50 OVR remaining in the FA pool.



Not able to sign anyone this year, but managed to extend Andrew Miller, which was an owner goal. I guess that's a win.

I'm looking at my owner's goals and running my team in exactly the opposite direction. That idiot doesn't know shit.
StrongBelwas
Member
(06-16-2017, 03:03 PM)
StrongBelwas's Avatar

Originally Posted by acheron_xl

I'm looking at my owner's goals and running my team in exactly the opposite direction. That idiot doesn't know shit.

Is there a benefit from achieving his goals? Like one of mine is to acquire a team leader. Aside from having a player with good leadership in the team does achieving the owners goal give you any other sort of bonus?
acheron_xl
Member
(06-16-2017, 03:17 PM)
acheron_xl's Avatar

Originally Posted by StrongBelwas

Is there a benefit from achieving his goals? Like one of mine is to acquire a team leader. Aside from having a player with good leadership in the team does achieving the owners goal give you any other sort of bonus?

I imagine a happier owner is looser with the purse strings, but I don't know. Considering the biggest incentive to not achieving the goals doesn't exist here, as you can't be fired, I don't feel particularly compelled to obey them. I mean, improve batting avg? Clearly not a very sabermetrically enlightened guy I'm working with here.
Last edited by acheron_xl; 06-16-2017 at 03:19 PM.
StrongBelwas
Member
(06-16-2017, 03:25 PM)
StrongBelwas's Avatar
My owners goal of "don't suck completely." Seems fair lol.
acheron_xl
Member
(06-16-2017, 03:30 PM)
acheron_xl's Avatar
I loved running the Astros. Sure, we didn't have a ton of revenue, but the owner was chill. I had 'don't suck completely' and it was nice and relieving. Stuart Sternberg on the other hand is a tight-walleted dicknozzle. I mean, my budget was cut YOY, but I'm supposed to field a playoff team this year somehow.
CosmicQueso
Member
(06-16-2017, 05:06 PM)
CosmicQueso's Avatar
My owner wants me to acquire "an MVP award winning player" as my primary objective.

Gave me a $3m budget for free agents.
brentech
Member
(06-16-2017, 08:30 PM)
brentech's Avatar
Sim: 7 days
Date: Jan 29, 2018
Notes: 2 players signed
12 players over 50 OVR remaining in the FA pool.
norm9
Member
(06-16-2017, 10:21 PM)

Originally Posted by Rommel

Samir Duenez on KC who I drafted in the rule 5 is not on my roster? Why is that?

Darn. I just promoted him to Triple A recently too. Should have tried to figure out what the Rule 5 draft was all about. Oh well, he wasn't going to be a contributor for a few years anyways.
StrongBelwas
Member
(06-16-2017, 10:42 PM)
StrongBelwas's Avatar
Second Baseman DJ LeMahieu is on the block.
CosmicQueso
Member
(06-17-2017, 06:07 PM)
CosmicQueso's Avatar
My scout's a punk. Had Rule 5 prospect Williams at a 74 POT at the draft. I get the guy, then he falls to 22 POT and the scout calls him garbage.

Padres front office is straight trash, and this is even improved trash over the real Padres since I fired all of them last season.
acheron_xl
Member
(06-17-2017, 06:38 PM)
acheron_xl's Avatar

Originally Posted by CosmicQueso

My scout's a punk. Had Rule 5 prospect Williams at a 74 POT at the draft. I get the guy, then he falls to 22 POT and the scout calls him garbage.

Padres front office is straight trash, and this is even improved trash over the real Padres since I fired all of them last season.

Aren't you glad you didn't trade for him, then?
CosmicQueso
Member
(06-17-2017, 11:38 PM)
CosmicQueso's Avatar

Originally Posted by acheron_xl

Aren't you glad you didn't trade for him, then?

Makes me realize how important a good front office and coaching staff is. Got spoiled running the A's.
brentech
Member
(06-18-2017, 12:11 AM)
brentech's Avatar
Sim: 7 days
Date: Feb 5, 2018
Notes: 9 players over 50 OVR remaining in the FA pool.

Garza to St. Louis
Kym to Seattle
Raburn to the Rays
Bruce to Cincinnati
Peralta to NYM
Cain to Texas
Watson to Phillies
Purple Cheeto
Member
(06-18-2017, 02:36 AM)
Finally outbid Claude for Kym.
timetokill
Banned
(06-18-2017, 05:52 AM)
timetokill's Avatar
lol Kym was telling me like "I can't possibly feed my family on only $15 million a year"
Rommel
Junior Member
(06-18-2017, 06:41 AM)
Rommel's Avatar

Originally Posted by Purple Cheeto

Finally outbid Claude for Kym.

Yah he wasn't as sure of a thing as the guy from Japan I signed in the last league so I peaced out after 22 ml a year. Surprised how much he got, but there was no real SP options this year besides him honestly.
brentech
Member
(06-18-2017, 09:35 PM)
brentech's Avatar
Sim: 7 days
Date: Feb 12, 2018
Notes: Still 9 players over 50 OVR remaining in the FA pool.
timetokill
Banned
(06-18-2017, 10:16 PM)
timetokill's Avatar
I need a decent LF, if anybody is looking to trade
CrimsonCommie
Member
(06-18-2017, 10:30 PM)
CrimsonCommie's Avatar

Originally Posted by timetokill

I need a decent LF, if anybody is looking to trade

You can have Matt Kemp for free!
Dmncnby2k9
Member
(06-18-2017, 10:54 PM)
Dmncnby2k9's Avatar

Originally Posted by timetokill

I need a decent LF, if anybody is looking to trade

Brandon Nimmo is available.
StrongBelwas
Member
(06-18-2017, 11:27 PM)
StrongBelwas's Avatar
1st baseman Ian Desmond is on the trading blocdk
Purple Cheeto
Member
(06-19-2017, 01:49 AM)

Originally Posted by Rommel

Yah he wasn't as sure of a thing as the guy from Japan I signed in the last league so I peaced out after 22 ml a year. Surprised how much he got, but there was no real SP options this year besides him honestly.

Yamamoto was so insanely good. I hope Kym is close to as good.
timetokill
Banned
(06-19-2017, 07:12 AM)
timetokill's Avatar
Think I resolved my LF issue actually. We'll see.

C Austin Barnes is on the block if anybody has a decent trade, current players or minor league prospects in mind.
Rommel
Junior Member
(06-19-2017, 09:40 AM)
Rommel's Avatar

Originally Posted by Purple Cheeto

Yamamoto was so insanely good. I hope Kym is close to as good.

His control is what worried me most. But with his 80 sta high pitch counts should be fine.
Purple Cheeto
Member
(06-19-2017, 08:55 PM)

Originally Posted by Rommel

His control is what worried me most. But with his 80 sta high pitch counts should be fine.

I got used to having lots of high stuff low control pitchers last time around. It's like having a bunch of early career Randy Johnson's.
brentech
Member
(06-19-2017, 09:25 PM)
brentech's Avatar
Sim: 7 days
Date: Feb 12, 2018
Notes: Down to 7 players over 50 OVR remaining in the FA pool. Doesn't look like we're speeding up this offseason, as Spring Training is just around the corner.
Rommel
Junior Member
(06-19-2017, 09:48 PM)
Rommel's Avatar

Originally Posted by brentech

Sim: 7 days
Date: Feb 12, 2018
Notes: Down to 7 players over 50 OVR remaining in the FA pool. Doesn't look like we're speeding up this offseason, as Spring Training is just around the corner.

Nice got Molina for a reasonable price. Will give my C's another year to develop while providing veteran leadership at the big show.

Curious to see if he can hit the 450 PA to vest his contract next year.
acheron_xl
Member
(06-20-2017, 02:12 AM)
acheron_xl's Avatar
Wilson Ramos is available if anyone needs a decent 1-year catcher.
timetokill
Banned
(06-20-2017, 04:29 AM)
timetokill's Avatar
TRADE:

Los Angeles Dodgers send:
- SP Amani Abdullah (AA Tulsa Drillers)
- SP Hyun-jin Ryu
- RF Andrew Toles
- C Austin Barnes

Tampa Bay Rays send:
- SP Jake Odorizzi
- LF Mallex Smith
acheron_xl
Member
(06-20-2017, 04:32 AM)
acheron_xl's Avatar

Originally Posted by timetokill

TRADE:

Los Angeles Dodgers send:
- SP Amani Abdullah (AA Tulsa Drillers)
- SP Hyun-jin Ryu
- RF Andrew Toles
- C Austin Barnes

Tampa Bay Rays send:
- SP Jake Odorizzi
- LF Mallex Smith

Confirmed

Thread Tools