• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V - review thread [Embargo 3pm BST/7am PST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr E.

Ha ha the thread is under embargo, what ever next.

Anyway what's the Grand theft auto malarkey all about then? When's it out?

/Sarcasm.

params7

Banned
lol GTA reviews. All my trust and faith was lost when Perfect 10/10 scores were being showered over GTA4 and it turned out to be the worst GTA I've ever played.

I know GTA5 will be amazing. Don't need the reviews to confirm that.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I look forward to waking up and swimming in a lake of delicious tears. Don't let me down, guys.

ekim

6c6750a64fa8e20f205a826ea9357465.png

yeah it's fake

But GAF...what if it bombs? O_O

REALLY looking forward to this. Hahaha. I'm predicting a general massacre on GAF.
Should be good either way (bomba or no bomba). ^^

Jawmuncher

Just hope the reviews are a better lot than we saw with GTA4.
AKA the game that got way more praise than it should have.

PK Gaming

It'll kick Super Mario Galaxy off the throne, mark my words.

I'll take a 1-week ban if it's not first in 24 hours from now.

images

You should really think this through. Half of playing through a highly anticipated game is talking to your peers, do you really want to risk that luxury?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Isn't that gamekult fake? i mean why would it still be there? idiots like to break the embargo?

Ploid 3.0

I wonder if any of the reviews will consider the fact that the full game isn't launched. No online. I'm sure they will ignore it for this game, but any other game they would probably not review it until it's done or dock points and review it again when online is done.

jett

D-Member
Time to get showered in ridiculous and hyperbolic reviews that ignore anything that might be construed as a negative.

Foshy

images

You should really think this through. Half of playing through a highly anticipated game is talking to your peers, do you really want to throw that away?

Don't worry, I'm not getting it on launch :p Waiting a few months to see if a PC o PS4 version gets announced.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
IGN

"It's actually impossible for us to write a review or even give a score, because there's no human language or numerical value available to actually express how perfect this game is. Through GTA V, the human condition has been elevated to a state of nirvana and we welcome the end of times."

Peru

I'm predicting at least 7/10 troll score to lure traffic.

It's sad that people have this preset opinion. I think the game needs some 7/10 scores and lower. It's not natural that any creative work is judged as perfect by everyone just because it's thoroughly well-made. I think it's a fair assumption to say GTA5 will be very enjoyable and probably one of the best values in gaming ever - ie provide a bigger volume of polished, good content than most games released. But a game with a lot of good stuff isn't an automatic 10 -- some reviewers will say superb value means 10/10, others will say 'it's more of the same, only better', and probably be right to score it lower, because that's how they approach reviews.

Eh who am I kidding, people will only look at the scores like they always do.

From what I've heard from friends playing it, not only is crazy fun but is incredibly polished for an open world game. I expect very, very high scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom