• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
I’ve been getting more 10km eggs than 2km eggs but I’m not complaining. I really would like to hatch a Snorelax though. I’ve never had one above 60%IV. Had a Chansy hatch just as the event started but it was actually unrelated. I got the egg a few days ago

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Had 5 spots open for eggs. Got one 2 km egg, Remoraid...

All 5s and one 10 otherwise. Can't say I have noticed this event yet.

HardRojo

Had 5 spots open for eggs. Got one 2 km egg, Remoraid...

All 5s and one 10 otherwise. Can't say I have noticed this event yet.

The event sucks if you're only in for the new 2 km eggs, I'm mostly getting 5 km ones and out of the 4 2 km eggs I got, one was a Mareep that awarded me the exorbitant amount of 6 candies lol. Gonna focus solely on the stardust, if I happen to get a good IV Chansey or Larvitar from the 2 km eggs, it'll simply be a bonus, not something I'm expecting.

GulAtiCa

I've so far hatched 15 10k eggs (Inc 2 unhatched) and gotten the following from the special 2ks: 3 Mareeps, 3 Larvitars and a Chansey.

I've so far hatched 15 10k eggs (Inc 2 unhatched) and gotten the following from the special 2ks: 3 Mareeps, 3 Larvitars and a Chansey.

ARG
I gotta hatch my current 5 10Ks and 4 5Ks from before the event before I even start. Plan to walk them when I get my car's oil change done tomorrow. Hopefully I have a haul like yours when all is said and done.

Thankfully, the SIs will make getting through the current batch much easier

GulAtiCa

Yeah, the SI are making it much easier to hatch things. I use them for 5k & 10k and use regular for 2ks.

Currently at 215k gained for event. Probably did around 135k today. Lots of hatching.

Replicant

What? I'm drowning in Eevee candy. I think I might use some for exp fodder.

Legendaries are the most efficient use of rare candy because they require 20km to walk and you can't feed them in gyms. After the rare candy nerf, I wouldn't use them willy nilly. There are still loads of legendaries to come with Mewtwo practically at the front door.

Australian? We're Eeveestation land down here when the game started. So now I have about 1644 Eevee candy. I don't know what I'm gonna do with it. I guess power up all of my Vaporeons?

As for the event, I don't usually bother with Golbats but now they offer double stardust (600/catch), OMG, gotta catch them all!

Joni

The event helped me discover my Dragonite wasn't fully levelled. I just never before had the 8000 Stardust to see it. Completely useless spending, but it is now 3334 CP.

T.O.P

Banned
I still can't solo an Alakazam raid and it's pissing me off so fuckin much

21768313_102140262529tgso1.jpg

I always get him to something like 3-4% of life...i'm forced to max one of the Tyranitars i guess

Firemind

For anyone who has Pokémon Go Plus can I ask for your personal review/impression?

I'm thinking about picking one up tomorrow morning.
Are you lazy? If yes it's worth it.

I farm so much exp and stardust on commute and I don't look like a fool while doing it lol

Firemind

It only works with Pokéballs, right?
Yeah. Catch rate should still be around 30-40% though since so many spawns are low level. You get first catch bonus and if you don't catch it you still get 25 exp. Just save your normal balls and you should be fine. I farmed all my way to lvl. 39 thanks to the plus lol

Are you lazy? If yes it's worth it.

I farm so much exp and stardust on commute and I don't look like a fool while doing it lol

Thanks for the reply. I just need to see what all it exactly does before I decide to buy.

Sorry for the double post but I'm limited on my editing skills from my phone.

robochimp

There's a bunch of questions I have that my Google search for reviews didn't answer. Maybe a Google search of its features may get me my answers.

Can I be doing 70 mph on the highway and still hatch eggs with Go Plus?

Is it just for catching Pokémon while I drive?

I want to know the features of it and if it actually works. I think I just Google the wrong term and should try a different search.

Thanks for the reply

I drive a lot and I'm constantly on the move.

It won't track distance at highway speeds, it does track a decent amount of distance in stop and go traffic.

You can catch Pokemon and spin stops at 35mph and under.

It's for catching pokemon whenever you don't want to be using your phone to do it, great for at work. You can even use it to catch while you're spinning stops or evolving Pokémon, which comes in handy for double XP events.

I got a 2k egg today, hatched it, and it was a Remoraid. I guess it wasn't "special"? How do I know if a 2k egg is special? Is hatching it the only way to know?

It won't track distance at highway speeds, it does track a decent amount of distance in stop and go traffic.

You can catch Pokemon and spin stops at 35mph and under.

It's for catching pokemon whenever you don't want to be using your phone to do it, great for at work. You can even use it to catch while you're spinning stops or evolving Pokémon, which comes in handy for double XP events.

spend the extra money on a Go-tcha

Lol.. Thanks for the input. I think I'm going to buy it first thing in the morning along with a VC code for Pokémon Silver. Back log be damned! These Pokémon aren't going to catch themselves and I need to level up so I can start soloing raids!

t26

I got a 2k egg today, hatched it, and it was a Remoraid. I guess it wasn't "special"? How do I know if a 2k egg is special? Is hatching it the only way to know?

It is special if you acquired the egg after the event started. Keep in mind you are still going to get normal 2k egg pokemon in addition to Chansey, Mareep and Larvitar.

Replicant

That Halloween event back in... Uh 2016? Was a Godsend.

Got 4 Gengars with Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball. All above 85%. It's a shame Shadow Claw is retired. I have some Gengars with Sucker Punch/Shadow Ball.

-MB-

Seems that Remoraid here is the most common 2k hatch now with this event, been the one I got the most, aside from the 10k ones that been added for this event.
ALready gathered like 400k dust since the event started too, loving it so far.
Goonna hoard as much as I can till the event end, might crack the 1 mil if I keep this up, most I ever kept, always got tempted to spend it beforehand.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Everytime there’s an egg event I learn all over again they’re pretty useless. Unless you’re someone running 9 paid incubators all the time it’s just an opportunity to get more trash I guess. I already don’t want to see another Remoraid or Togepi again

GulAtiCa

So many 10k eggs on me. lol. I've hatched like 3 Mareeps, 2 Chanseys and like 8ish Larvitars from the 2k. I'm already above 550k. Did 50k stardust basically this morning due to hatching some eggs and walking around a little.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
So many 10k eggs on me. lol. I've hatched like 3 Mareeps, 2 Chanseys and like 8ish Larvitars from the 2k. I'm already above 550k. Did 50k stardust basically this morning due to hatching some eggs and walking around a little.

Yeah the increased drop rate for 10k eggs has been good even if the special 2k eggs are kind of a bust

border

Remember when people thought they were just days away from announcing Gen 2, and instead Niantic announced that Pikachu would have a Santa Claus hat for Christmas? Whenever you think Gen 3 is coming, add 3 months.

They are going to milk Mewtwo and the Halloween event for all of October. Beyond that, who knows?

Top Bottom