• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan makes Anime ad about Canada

Toronto GAF, you have a gif now for Winter meetups:

giphy.gif

<3
YES. Official gif of #TeamWinter

That was... weird.

LOL

Damn right

It's cultural appropriation! ;)

I lol'ed

Wow, anglos sure can't take a joke xD I'm Québécois and I found this funny. Chill out, blokes
So what if you're Québécois? I'm Québécois too (so is Jason Frost), and it certainly doesn't mean I'll adhere to this dumb separatist way of thinking or that I'll play dumb and find it funny in a self-deprecating way. Heck, there's a 50/50 chance they're Québécois, could also be members from outside of Quebec hating on Québécois due to those simple minded separatist.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
If I were younger, this shot of Canada Place would make me feel pleasant, but now it just reminds me of the view I have to look at from my office every day.
I could think of a worse office view... like anywhere else on the planet.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
So what if you're Québécois? I'm Québécois too (so is Jason Frost), and it certainly doesn't mean I'll adhere to this dumb separatist way of thinking or that I'll play dumb and find it funny in a self-deprecating way. Heck, there's a 50/50 chance they're Québécois, could also be members from outside of Quebec hating on Québécois due to those simple minded separatist.
It's just a damn joke, jesus lol, les nerfs

everyone is white

Everyone in America and Canada is white. Duh. They also have HUUUUUUUUUGGGGEEEEEE noses. You won't be able to tell they are foreign if they are not white and huge noses silly head. Have you seen the white dude they hired to be the "handsome white guy" at some games promo, he literally has the hugest whitest foreigner nose ive ever seen
all joking aside it really is the biggest nose ive ever seen

The only colored people in the world are from Africa. I live here and it's the honest truth!

Wait... that was fucking Toronto???? Wtf, I must be colourblind cause it isn't nearly as colourful as it is in this promo lol

Also, Torontonians are confirmed for best anime character

Not

Banned
Those are some incredible backgrounds, Jesus Christ

It's interesting to see an anime where everyone in the background is much taller than the protagonists. You don't usually have that perspective of how short they're supposed to be.

Nice bit of gaijin nampa at 0:22

OK, I'll bite. What the fuck is this?

squall23

I would love to see Edmonton get wrecked up by a mobile suit battle hahaha.

No love for the Maritimes either though, that's kinda lame. I guess they can only fit so much in 30 seconds though.
How about Winnipeg? It was in Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector. The cosmic horrors decided to invade and corrupt that specific city for some reason.
Which then gets saved by two ancient Chinese gods also for some reason.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
How about Winnipeg? It was in Super Robot Wars OG The Inspector. The cosmic horrors decided to invade and corrupt that specific city for some reason.

"When you need a foreign location to set an anime, so you spin a globe really fast and poke a random spot."

Looks like they showed the Rockies. Rockies are in Alberta. Therefore Prairies did get some love just not literal prairies

I feel like calling the Rockies part of the prairies is cheating. Banff/Jasper is where people from the prairies go to forget about the prairies for a while.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Anime once again showing its amazing ability to make everything worse. Now I hate Canada.

When I think of countries that will appeal to foreign visitors over the next several years, Canada has somehow percolated to the top of the list.

Probably because it’s inexpensive with our dollar lower than the US and it’s safe and sane here.

Inacurate.

Our raspberries come from Driscoll's megafarms in California.

They can do but we had a fruit stand near home in Vancouver that was selling local ones.

I was on that ship not even a month ago. The ms Niew Amsterdam, went to alaska :D

I took that ship around the Mediterranean! It was so nice to see it parked at Canada Placd.

It used to always be Winnipeg in movies. But didn’t Ottawa get destroyed in Macross?

jstripes

Banned

In Dragon Ball Super Bulma goes shopping at the Toronto Eaton Centre for some reason or other.

KoopaTheCasual

That's was embarrassing and hate saying this, but cringy to watch. I continue to wonder the general appeal of anime beyond the insane action sequences.

Best wishes.
I don't see how it's any more cringey than an actual tourism ad? It reminds me exactly of every dumb cruise commercial I've ever seen. Here's a 2017 cruise ad complete with corny romantic montage, and surprise surprise, most of them are also 30 seconds long.

Canada needs to stop advertising winter. Canada's true gem is our perfectly sensible 25 degree C summers.
Neat little video but I agree with this. The stereotype of the country being in permanent winter needs to end. If this was a US video showing Niagara Falls, they probably would have made it summer instead. Places like Chicago and Boston aren't seen by the rest of the world as just snow.

I knew the Northern Lights would be in there. Lots of Japanese tourists mention the Aurora Borealis. I hope no one's telling them it's visible from Southern Canada.

Top Bottom