• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Community |OT2| You just activated my trap card!

TheOasis

Duel links has certainly been influencing which cards Konami chooses to reprint in packs but now it seems they're going all in making brand new support for archetypes used by Pegasus, Weevil and Bandit Keith of all characters. Now Konami, please make new cards for Gravekeeper's (Ishizu uses them in DLs) and Harpies (Mai).

Also Rescue Cat x3 + Andabatae + New Link Monster....Gladiator Beast Fans right now:

giphy.gif

Even though the once per turn errata on Rescue Cat doesn't affect it's play ability in GBs, I just do not trust Konami to not shit the bed when it comes to GB support. That link monster has a high chance of being flat out trash/mediocre. Yet... I still want to believe that the link monster will make GBs relevant in the meta again, it's been too long since they haven't sucked. GB fans can dream, right?

Duel links has certainly been influencing which cards Konami chooses to reprint in packs but now it seems they're going all in making brand new support for archetypes used by Pegasus, Weevil and Bandit Keith of all characters. Now Konami, please make new cards for Gravekeeper's (Ishizu uses them in DLs) and Harpies (Mai).

Even though the once per turn errata on Rescue Cat doesn't affect it's play ability in GBs, I just do not trust Konami to not shit the bed when it comes to GB support. That link monster has a high chance of being flat out trash/mediocre. Yet... I still want to believe that the link monster will make GBs relevant in the meta again, it's been too long since they haven't sucked. GB fans can dream, right?

I'll have them do that when they make a better Dark Magician Girl... they already made a good archetype! Just now the key card is the worst card in it. &_&
Just gimme like, "Abyss Magician Girl": This card's name is Dark Magician Girl when on the field or Graveyard, insert good effect here.

EMT0

Banned
I for one, am tired of Nostalgia support that rarely works beyond a gimmick.

This stuff actually looks like the most competitive-viable cards they've printed to date, tbh. Other than Blue-Eyes, anyways. Unlike DM, this stuff seems to have recovery available.

New TCG ban list!

My kneejerk reaction: I like it!

Zoos done, Dracos neutered, and Dinos hit really hard. Sucks for the people who invested in TK Dino thinking it'd be the next tier 0 though...

On the other hand Rabbit is back at 3, so I can see the ol' tried and true Dino Rabbit deck make a comeback. I'm gonna grab some singles of Dolkka and Laggia online just in case.

I'm glad Invoked didn't get hit, so I can see them moving up, along with ABC and Trickstars.

So far a lot up in the air. Hopefully we have a smidge more diversity this time around. Although apparently the next list comes in November, so if this format settles down and is fucked up for some reason, it won't be long till it gets blown up again anyway.

Wow they actually banned Lithosygm and Denglong, not even the OCG did that. Glad to see Broadbull and Drident eat the dust. Guess Grandsoil was banned because of FTKs.
Dragon Ravine back at 3 should help out ABC going by what happened in the OCG. Happy to see more pendulum power with Luster Pendulum back at 2 and Wavering Eyes back at 3.

Full changes here

Arthos

Been trying to get back into the game casually and been buying cards online. It's fun so far! Trying to find some fun decks. Finally got to work and complete my Bad Reaction to Simochi deck!

I want to make a toon deck but I can't justify paying those prices for a Toon Kingdom, let alone 3!

KingBroly

Banned
So, with Gofu can you banish it and 1 of the tokens you just created along with it? Doesn't seem like a Tribute to me.

Also, ABC decks looking pretty good right now with no hits to Buster Dragon or Terraforming

Fj0823

So, with Gofu can you banish it and 1 of the tokens you just created along with it? Doesn't seem like a Tribute to me.

Also, ABC decks looking pretty good right now with no hits to Buster Dragon or Terraforming

Yes, you can also Link with them.

Tribute =/= Sending to the Graveyard

Fj0823

Been trying to get back into the game casually and been buying cards online. It's fun so far! Trying to find some fun decks. Finally got to work and complete my Bad Reaction to Simochi deck!

I want to make a toon deck but I can't justify paying those prices for a Toon Kingdom, let alone 3!

If you like Bad Reaction to Simochi Burn you'll love Trickstars. They buuuuurn all right

latest

Edit: DP sorry...

Heero5

I like the list quite a bit, glad to see BLS go to 2 and Gatway of the Six get unbanned.

I do wish they hit Trickstar Reincarnation and banned Imperial Order.

Definitely glad Gofu is still around, rouge decks that want to Synchro and Fuse (like my deck) can struggle to make Links and than go for other Extra Deck monsters.

Arthos

If you like Bad Reaction to Simochi Burn you'll love Trickstars. They buuuuurn all right

Hmm I'm liking it. I've never used Link monsters before. Furthest I got was Synchros! I'll have to look into all the new types of cards that have come out.

Fj0823

Hmm I'm liking it. I've never used Link monsters before. Furthest I got was Synchros! I'll have to look into all the new types of cards that have come out.

You can play Trickstars without their Links too.

As their main burn effects are from the Main deck Monsters and this card

Their Links can help out, but they're not that important

A few of my friends got back into this recently
I now hate dragon decks again
yay

Blue-Eyes Turbo?

Heero5

A few of my friends got back into this recently
I now hate dragon decks again
yay
Also, Link Summoning is great good job Konami
What Dragon decks? I can't think of any crazy dragon decks that are legal anymore.

Maybe chaos dragons or as Fj said Blue-Eyes?

What Dragon decks? I can't think of any crazy dragon decks that are legal anymore.

Maybe chaos dragons or as Fj said Blue-Eyes?

You can play Trickstars without their Links too.

As their main burn effects are from the Main deck Monsters and this card

Their Links can help out, but they're not that important

Blue-Eyes Turbo?
He got the Structure Deck featuring Azure-Eyes Dragon and supplemented it with Blue Eyes Ultimate. His deck has the most synergy of all our decks, so he tends to wreck face. It's not the most powerful dragon deck by any means, but it gets the job done

Fj0823

He got the Structure Deck featuring Azure-Eyes Dragon and supplemented it with Blue Eyes Ultimate. His deck has the most synergy of all our decks, so he tends to wreck face. It's not the most powerful dragon deck by any means, but it gets the job done

So it's just a basic Structure plus an Ultimate Dragon?

What deck are you using? We can help you wreck his shit :D

The problem has been (mostly) solved :)

Unrelated but the new Yugi deck is kinda weak. I just can't justify own more copies of all these cards.

The one with the new Timaeus fusion? I thought that was the only selling point. I'm getting the Yuya one just for the alternate arts.

Also Yugi's decks have always been bad #sorrynotsorry

Dark Magician Fusion and Cyber Dragon Fusion from the Legendary Dragon Deck

e097176a.jpg

LEDD-ENA00 Dark Magician the Dragon Knight
Level 8 DARK Dragon Fusion Effect Monster
ATK 3000
DEF 2500
Materials: ”Dark Magician" + 1 Dragon monster
This card's name becomes ”Dark Magician" while on the field or in the GY. Your opponent cannot target Spells/Traps you control with card effects, also they cannot be destroyed by your opponent's card effects.
7f3bfa50.jpg

LEDD-ENB00 Chimeratech Megafleet Dragon
Level 10 DARK Machine-Type Fusion Effect Monster
ATK 0
DEF 0
Materials: 1 ”Cyber Dragon" monster + 1+ monsters in the Extra Monster Zone
Cannot be used as Fusion Material. Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by sending the above cards from either field to the GY. (You do not use ”Polymerization".) The original ATK of this card becomes 1200 x the number of Fusion Materials used for its Special Summon.

Fj0823

Dark Magician Fusion and Cyber Dragon Fusion from the Legendary Dragon Deck

e097176a.jpg

LEDD-ENA00 Dark Magician the Dragon Knight
Level 8 DARK Dragon Fusion Effect Monster
ATK 3000
DEF 2500
Materials: “Dark Magician” + 1 Dragon monster
This card’s name becomes “Dark Magician” while on the field or in the GY. Your opponent cannot target Spells/Traps you control with card effects, also they cannot be destroyed by your opponent’s card effects.
7f3bfa50.jpg

LEDD-ENB00 Chimeratech Megafleet Dragon
Level 10 DARK Machine-Type Fusion Effect Monster
ATK 0
DEF 0
Materials: 1 “Cyber Dragon” monster + 1+ monsters in the Extra Monster Zone
Cannot be used as Fusion Material. Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by sending the above cards from either field to the GY. (You do not use “Polymerization”.) The original ATK of this card becomes 1200 x the number of Fusion Materials used for its Special Summon.

God Fucking dammit Hypno, I was about to post this...

My Cyber Deck is Saved!!

Wichu

Dark Magician the Dragon Knight is great. At first I thought it would just protect your Dark Magical Circle and Eternal Soul but not itself, but then I realised it becomes Dark Magician on the field so Eternal Soul protects it.

Of course, still dies to Kaijus (and now Megafleet), but that's still some damn good protection.

Dark Magician the Dragon Knight is great. At first I thought it would just protect your Dark Magical Circle and Eternal Soul but not itself, but then I realised it becomes Dark Magician on the field so Eternal Soul protects it.

Of course, still dies to Kaijus (and now Megafleet), but that's still some damn good protection.

It becomes Dark Magician in the GY as well so you can revive it with Eternal Soul, that's some persistence.

Heero5

What Dragons can Dark Magician play consistently? Or is this a situation where you can use The Eye of Timaus?

The new Chimeratech is pretty cool, especially because it grabs a monster in the opponents Extra Monster zone.

What Dragons can Dark Magician play consistently? Or is this a situation where you can use The Eye of Timaus?

The new Chimeratech is pretty cool, especially because it grabs a monster in the opponents Extra Monster zone.

I'd imagine Eye of Timaeus, which in general seems to be a really good support card for Dark Magician, assuming it works as I think it does. It negates the need for any additional fusion materials, so Dark Paladin, Dark Magician Dragon Knight, and Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight are all summonable with just two cards each. Plus with the handful of cards that "become" Dark Magician on the field helps too.

Hell, you could even Eye of Timaeus this card into something else.

I'd definitely just take 3 EoT over trying to shoehorn dragons into the deck for this.

OH there's a Legendary Duelist pack with a bunch of Red Eyes cards. I think maybe I'll make a Magician Girls deck and a Red Eyes deck now.

Heero5

I'd imagine Eye of Timaeus, which in general seems to be a really good support card for Dark Magician, assuming it works as I think it does. It negates the need for any additional fusion materials, so Dark Paladin, Dark Magician Dragon Knight, and Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight are all summonable with just two cards each. Plus with the handful of cards that "become" Dark Magician on the field helps too.

Hell, you could even Eye of Timaeus this card into something else.

I'd definitely just take 3 EoT over trying to shoehorn dragons into the deck for this.
This is exactly what I needed to know, thanks!

I might have to try this deck out with 3 X Timaeus.

This is exactly what I needed to know, thanks!

I might have to try this deck out with 3 X Timaeus.

Yeah, the fact that EoT works on straight up ANY Fusion with Dark Magician is awesome, and makes Dark Flare Knight seem like a much more useful card, given the requirements for it become much less. I've always thought that Dark Magician fusions were pretty blegh given they always required some comparitively off the wall card to fuse with (like who's gonna put flame swordsman in their deck really), and I think EoT was made directly to answer for that.
EoT + DM pretty much becomes "dial a fusion".

Heero5

Yeah, the fact that EoT works on straight up ANY Fusion with Dark Magician is awesome, and makes Dark Flare Knight seem like a much more useful card, given the requirements for it become much less. I've always thought that Dark Magician fusions were pretty blegh given they always required some comparitively off the wall card to fuse with (like who's gonna put flame swordsman in their deck really), and I think EoT was made directly to answer for that.
EoT + DM pretty much becomes "dial a fusion".
Yeah Dark Flare Knight is a perfect example of insanely difficult to summon anime Dark Magician support.

Now that you mention DFK I kinda want a remake of Mirage Knight. I always thought that card was super cool in terms of design, but, it's so tough to summon and doesn't even last 2 attacks.

Fj0823

I just noticed that the product page says that there's a new card for each themed deck. 5 foils per deck

Yuya's deck foils are obviously the 4 Dimensional Dragons + the new card

But the card was not revealed yesterday

...Could it be...Format Breaker Link Dragon ?

I can see it already 3+,Pendulum Monsters
Arrows:Down, lower right corner,left
Effect:something that let's you pendulum summon one monster to a zone it points to in addition to your regular Pendulum Summon

Wichu

...Could it be...Format Breaker Link Dragon ?

I can see it already 3+,Pendulum Monsters
Arrows:Down, lower right corner,left
Effect:something that let's you pendulum summon one monster to a zone it points to in addition to your regular Pendulum Summon

As long as it makes my Odd-Eyes deck playable again, I'm all for it.

EDIT:

cB1wD97.png

It's a vanilla pendulum :lol

But more importantly, it looks like the five other foils in the first deck are Magician Navigation, Dark Magical Circle, Eternal Soul, and Apprentice Illusion Magician. I'm glad I didn't buy the expensive promo now :D

Fj0823

As long as it makes my Odd-Eyes deck playable again, I'm all for it.

EDIT:

cB1wD97.png

It's a vanilla pendulum :lol

But more importantly, it looks like the five other foils in the first deck are Magician Navigation, Dark Magical Circle, Eternal Soul, and Apprentice Illusion Magician. I'm glad I didn't buy the expensive promo now :D

That better be the best Pendulum Effect ever

Heero5

Give me a Destiny Hero Link monster Konami!

Lightsworn seems kind of strange, decks like Synchrons need a Link monster way more.

Arthos

Anyone have any ideas for a cheap magician and toon deck? Would a toon deck still be viable without Toon Kingdom or Mimicat? It's for casual play.

Fj0823

Anyone have any ideas for a cheap magician and toon deck? Would a toon deck still be viable without Toon Kingdom or Mimicat? It's for casual play.

Toons without Toon Kingdom and Mimicat, I'm sorry to be this blunt but:

tumblr_nxj8i1xx9d1u9wvpho8_400.gif

I do have really good news regarding Magician decks though

You can get a reprint of all of Dark Magician's most expensive cards in the "Legendary Dragon Decks" set coming in October, it includes a structure deck based on Yugi's Dark Magican and Eye of Timaeus, it also includes a Dark Magician themed extra deck with all it's Fusions and the newer Dark Magician themed Xyz monsters.

Also this new hotness:
4e278ced.jpg

Plus you also get Zane's Cyber Dragon Structure Deck and Yuya's 4 Dimmensional Dragons Structure Deck, its a really good deal.

For a more competitive (and even cheaper!) option you can buy the booster pack "Pendulum Evolution" that is filled with "Magician" Pendulum Monsters designed to use all 5 types of summons in one deck. That's right you'll be able to Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, Pendulum and Link Summon with a single deck. Plus their designs are awesome

Right now buying these cards separately should be very cheap, but they're currently rising in price due to the revent banlist unlimiting "Wavering Eyes"

And yes, I am shilling my own deck in this post.

Arthos

Will def look into the box set. I see it releases the first week of October. I might just get it then. I could use a few more decks. ^_^

Sucks about the toon thing though. :(

And should I just look up decks with that set? I've looked up deck lists and since I haven't played in years - I don't recognize any of the card names.

Fj0823

Will def look into the box set. I see it releases the first week of October. I might just get it then. I could use a few more decks. ^_^

Sucks about the toon thing though. :(

And should I just look up decks with that set? I've looked up deck lists and since I haven't played in years - I don't recognize any of the card names.

That's because they were introduced last gen to update good ol' Dark Magician for the current gameplay

The cards you're looking for are included in that set. You can also look for their original print.

The sets that introduced those cards into the game were, IIRC
-The Dark Illusion
-Yugi's Legendary Decks
-Dragons of Legend

And the cards themselves are these ones

Most of these cards were secret rare or ultra rare, which made them very expensive

The set in October will give you a plain common version of most of them, and a foil version of the best 5 cards

Fj0823

Crystal Beasts and Ancient Gears get new support in the next Legendary Duelists Pack

Hopefully this means we'll finally get the Crystal Beasts Pendulums too

Also, Alternate Odd-Eyes is Badass AF

Heero5

Crystal Beasts and Ancient Gears get new support in the next Legendary Duelists Pack

Hopefully this means we'll finally get the Crystal Beasts Pendulums too

Also, Alternate Odd-Eyes is Badass AF
Based on that new Rainbow Dragon my hopes for good CB support is slipping fast :(

Edit: I actually really like the support, being able to search Crystal Abundence is no joke.

Top Bottom