• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk |OT| - Big men, bigger swords, OFF THE BOAT - Berserk #344 24/6/2016

Ugh, I read a few volumes of Wolfsmund and I didn't like it at all. The downer-endings and graphic violence got old real quick for me. Bit of a shame since the historical setting was interesting enough.

The sadistic tone keeps going and going and has quite a culmination. Reading Wolfsmund is like getting punched in the stomach. Every two chapters. No mercy whatsoever.

frontovik

Banned
So about the Tower of Conviction arc .. why did Mozgus and co. inflict torture on that poor woman who needed help for her baby? Was it merely for sadism or did they suspect that any poor person or refugees are heretics.

So about the Tower of Conviction arc .. why did Mozgus and co. inflict torture on that poor woman who needed help for her baby? Was it merely for sadism or did they suspect that any poor person or refugees are heretics.

He is completely lost in his devotion to religion to the point he sees them as heretics who need to be "cleansed".

Moonkid

The sadistic tone keeps going and going and has quite a culmination. Reading Wolfsmund is like getting punched in the stomach. Every two chapters. No mercy whatsoever.
I'm glad I stopped then, it felt very one dimensional with its shock value wrapped up in relentless despair.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

Mozgus takes his religion VERY seriously.

HStallion

I can understand that he's a fanatic .. but what was his "reason" for doing so? Just for kicks?

Its been a hot minute but didn't the woman say god would judge him or something along those lines when he initially turned her and her infant away? Mozgus was his religion, there was nothing else too the man but a fervant ardor to worship and bring everyone else to the light. For some random dirty peasant woman with a sickly baby to say that God would judge him harshly after all his years of smashing his face into the fucking floor and doing his work through out the land, both horrible and good, was probably one of the biggest insults you could make to the man. He had to teach her a lesson and not just for his own rage but for making such an affront to an agent of God.

I'm glad I stopped then, it felt very one dimensional with its shock value wrapped up in relentless despair.

You wont read anymore? If you want to know what happens...
Wolfram has a gruesome death by impalement. There's almost two chapters dedicated to his torture.

I can understand that he's a fanatic .. but what was his "reason" for doing so? Just for kicks?

Doing what? The torture? For salvation.
Why is he a fanatic? There's no detailed reason for it.

Moonkid

You wont read anymore? If you want to know what happens...
Wolfram has a gruesome death by impalement. There's almost two chapters dedicated to his torture.
That sounds both par for the course and oddly dissatisfying. I may have to read the ending out of sheer curiosity hmmm *_*

edit: Oh judging from a review it's not the ending.

That sounds both par for the course and oddly dissatisfying. I may have to read the ending out of sheer curiosity hmmm *_*

edit: Oh judging from a review it's not the ending.

It's a bit satisfying eheh.

Oh yes. There's more to it. It becomes something different though. I still haven't read the last volume.

Chapter 95 now (uni's closed all week cuz snow, so i got free time). Really enjoying this post-eclipse. I think this lost childrens arc or whatever is generally considered the best arc correct?

Grudy

Chapter 95 now (uni's closed all week cuz snow, so i got free time). Really enjoying this post-eclipse. I think this lost childrens arc or whatever is generally considered the best arc correct?

It's the arc I enjoyed the most. I don't think its the best arc or anything but when I think about Berserk, the images that come to mind are mostly from the last scenes of Lost Children.

HStallion

Damn I love
Skull Knight, and his relationship with Flora is awesome too.

Do we know how close Miura is to finishing this thing?

We've heard like 70% complete but that was several years ago at this point. I'm guessing he's something like 75%, maybe 80% but who honestly know's at this point. It does seem like Miura is setting up the endgame at this point if nothing else.

Farnese the wicked asshole
,seriously they made her unredeemable with the shit she pulled,
is
gunna be a wtich now?

so we're just supposed to forget
her fucked up insanity
then i guess..

I love LOTG, Monster, and Akira. I know the manga of Akira is vastly different from the movie (is it better?), but what about Monster and LOTG? I know LOTG is a novel series, but 3 of the books have been localized i think

Tizoc

Farnese the wicked asshole
,seriously they made her unredeemable with the shit she pulled,
is
gunna be a wtich now?

so we're just supposed to forget
her fucked up insanity
then i guess..

I love LOTG, Monster, and Akira. I know the manga of Akira is vastly different from the movie (is it better?), but what about Monster and LOTG? I know LOTG is a novel series, but 3 of the books have been localized i think
She overcame her old self and is working towards changing herself for the better

She overcame her old self and is working towards changing herself for the better

i get that, and its really interesting seeing how Miura tries to redeem the unredeemable.

It'a been awhile but I believe the Monster manga and anime are virtually 1:1.

damn, but hey the anime is a 10/10 story so the manga must be great too then.
wont read it as ive seen monster twice already, but anyone who hasnt i recommend it greatly.

frontovik

Banned
Thanks for the clarification regarding Mozgus, gents.

About the hiatus.. I'm so anxious to find out about the inner depths of Casca's mind. Can it be Spring already?!

Also.. about the Slug Count's daughter from the Black Swordsmen arc, I wonder if she will make an appearance again.

Thanks for the clarification regarding Mozgus, gents.

About the hiatus.. I'm so anxious to find out about the inner depths of Casca's mind. Can it be Spring already?!

Also.. about the Slug Count's daughter from the Black Swordsmen arc, I wonder if she will make an appearance again.

Kill bill vol 3

Also
I honestly for a good minute thought Puck was the actual king.
wouldve been hilarious but too 'anime' for berserk. Cant imagine Guts' reaction tho lol

Just finished... I hate where this leaves off....

i want it now damn it

Edit: reading up in regards to the child.

http://berserk.wikia.com/wiki/Demon_Child says that the child exists "as Griffith's new corporeal form, faint traces of the Demon Child's need to protect Casca appear to have some influence on Griffith as he found out while at the Hill of Swords." when was this mentioned in the manga, i dont recall any notion of the kid being griffith. and is the kid old griff and new demo griff.. so confused

Grudy

Just finished... I hate where this leaves off....

i want it now damn it

Edit: reading up in regards to the child.

http://berserk.wikia.com/wiki/Demon_Child says that the child exists "as Griffith's new corporeal form, faint traces of the Demon Child's need to protect Casca appear to have some influence on Griffith as he found out while at the Hill of Swords." when was this mentioned in the manga, i dont recall any notion of the kid being griffith. and is the kid old griff and new demo griff.. so confused

Spoilers for Tower of Conviction and beyond:
When Griffith was on the hill of swords, he protected Casca from some falling rocks if my memory serves, and he says that he only came to the hill to see if he had any residual feelings (and at one point mentions the feelings of the demon child still within him)

And the new Griffith was only born from the demon child by way of the egg-shaped apostle. The new Griffith and Femto are one and the same. Someone else can explain it better, but basically the egg-shaped apostle allowed Griffith to have a physical form in the world again. Why Griffith, and not someone else, I am not sure.

Spoilers for Tower of Conviction and beyond:
When Griffith was on the hill of swords, he protected Casca from some falling rocks if my memory serves, and he says that he only came to the hill to see if he had any residual feelings (and at one point mentions the feelings of the demon child still within him)

And the new Griffith was only born from the demon child by way of the egg-shaped apostle. The new Griffith and Femto are one and the same. Someone else can explain it better, but basically the egg-shaped apostle allowed Griffith to have a physical form in the world again. Why Griffith, and not someone else, I am not sure.
All according to Keikaku.
There's a good chance Griffith planned for this to happen.

Grudy

All according to Keikaku.
There's a good chance Griffith planned for this to happen.

I heard people say that before but I can't wrap my head around it.
My mind instantly goes to the moment when the egg-shaped apostle finds the demon child and eats it up before reaching the top of the Tower. That's probably as close as it gets to fate/causality playing its part in the series and not something that Griffith planned in someway. Would Griffith still be born had the Egg not eaten the demon child?

If anything, something like that should only be possible by the Idea of Evil, since it can control causality according to the wiki (never read that lost chapter
).

I heard people say that before but I can't wrap my head around it.
My mind instantly goes to the moment when the egg-shaped apostle finds the demon child and eats it up before reaching the top of the Tower. That's probably as close as it gets to fate/causality playing its part in the series and not something that Griffith planned in someway. Would Griffith still be born had the Egg not eaten the demon child?

If anything, something like that should only be possible by the Idea of Evil, since it can control causality according to the wiki (never read that lost chapter
).
I always kind of assumed that as a God Hand Griffith could see into the flow of causality and get a decent enough bead on how events happen.
Granted I'm the furthest from an expert on the subject.

Alright so let me get this straight..

So the perfect egg created the new griffith right? ok, I dont recall the egg accomplishing that but whatever. In doing so, did guts' kid fuse/become the new griffith, did guts' kid (who is obviously the moonlight boy) seperate into two different entities with the demon side being griffith and this moonlight boy being the more human albiet with magic powers side, is the moonlight boy also griffith? my god im so confused

Alright so let me get this straight..

So the perfect egg created the new griffith right? ok, I dont recall the egg accomplishing that but whatever. In doing so, did guts' kid fuse/become the new griffith, did guts' kid (who is obviously the moonlight boy) seperate into two different entities with the demon side being griffith and this moonlight boy being the more human albiet with magic powers side, is the moonlight boy also griffith? my god im so confused

The Behelist apostle encountered the fetus and swallowed it. During his sacrifice, the fetus transforms into Griffith who emerges from the egg. The kid had fused with his vessel (he even acknowledges his presence by saying his heart is throbbing)

About the two entities...how the child take his own form is unknown. For now it's obvious he shares the body with the new Griffith.

The Behelist apostle encountered the fetus and swallowed it. During his sacrifice, the fetus transforms into Griffith who emerges from the egg. The kid had fused with his vessel (he even acknowledges his presence by saying his heart his throbbing)

About the two entities...how the child take his own form is unknown. For now it's obvious he shares the body with the new Griffith.

this is some futurama
fry pregnating his grandma
type shit right here

all we need now is
f
for griffith to call guts daddy. deviant art would go insane

I didn't realize there were new chapters until now!

Reading that last chapter I was like
when-you-remember-you-lef-1-full.jpg

Top Bottom