• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I touched a stranger's car at work and the police took my info down...

Kettch

Maybe I've watched too many movies, but my first thought seeing that setup would be that the car is rigged to explode when someone starts it up.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Cops rarely ever take fingerprints, it's not TV/Movies. They took your info if they need to call you for anything later.

Don't sweat it. A stolen car happens all the fucking time, they don't take it as seriously as you think you would.

MUnited83

For you.
Getting on it and driving it was dumb, but you should be fine. If you report something to the police it is standard procedure to get your info so no issues there.

BibiMaghoo

I mean, you thought it sketchy enough to call the police about it, but thought it was ok to get in it and drive it? That was unwise.

Nothing will happen, but it is now possible you are more involved than you should have been because your prints are in the car.

Briarios

It'll be fine. They took down your information so that if there is an issue or a case, they can contact you to testify. Also, by knowing who you are, they can separate any of your forensic evidence from someone else's if there is an issue.

Don't worry about it. I've had to call the police many times to turn over evidence; it's SOP for them to collect your info so they can follow up.

Top Bottom