• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fans: Bring Xenoblade, TLS, Pandora to US | NoA: lol no | NoE: Come here instead!

monadou79p.png

113,000% increase in the last day.

wsippel

Banned
Big One said:
Just a protip: I don't think Soraya Saga was involved with Xenoblade at all. Not on the site's credits at least. Kind of a missed opportunity.
Yep. I believe some well known anime writer wrote the script this time. Then again, it's a Takahashi game. His wife certainly had considerable influence.

wsippel

Banned
EmmanuelMunoz said:
Are people more interested in Xenoblade or Last story?
I sure would hope so. Xenoblade is the better game after all. Not that Last Story is bad, mind you - just not as good as Xenoblade.

Yuterald

Takao said:
It just looks really trashy, it's from a team no one likes, and doesn't look very marketable in the US ("Let's have a heroine who eats the hearts of her enemies!").

0_0 seriously...? Pandora's Tower looks mega fucking cool. How is collecting flesh from beasts in towers not cool? This does not compute with me. You've got an awesome chain that acts as a Zelda/Metroid style hookshot/grapple beam, materials to gather for weapon upgrades, elemental towers/dungeons with puzzles and traps, etc. Get the fuck out of here, the game looks awesome!

And who cares if the scores were mediocre, that's not the point. The point is WE HAVE ZERO GAMES TO PLAY ON WII. These 3 games that people are campaigning for are the most relevant cases of NOA's localization incompetency. God damn this shit just boils my blood.

EmmanuelMunoz said:
I was just asking because even though I really want to play Xenoblade I am more excited for Last story.
I hear more positive comments for Xenoblade, but I'd want both to release.

SaintMadeOfPlaster said:
Someone let me know when a campaign like this starts happening with The Last Story. Then I'll join in.

I was excited for Xenoblade until I saw the Last Story.

XB getting localized means a better chance for TLS to get localized.

Hey guys, I want to explain Xenoblade in a few short sentence that details it's pedigree and what it's about. Can someone help me out? I know almost nothing other than big world.

Instro

SaintMadeOfPlaster said:
Someone let me know when a campaign like this starts happening with The Last Story. Then I'll join in.

Its all the same campaign, the Last Story has no Amazon page so we can't preorder. If you want Last Story, the best bet is to show support for XenoBlade as well since they are both RPG's.

Go_Ly_Dow

This is great stuff people =)

I won't pre-order, (since I'm from EU) but I'll post on the facebook page and email.

LOCK said:
I mean come on Nintendo, just print 20k copies and go from there.

Yeah, they can release it without taking risks.

SaintMadeOfPlaster said:

In reality, the campaign is for Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower equally. Xenoblade just seems to be the one most are after.

Effect

AceBandage said:
Here's the way I look at it.
There's two ways this could turn out if the games are released.

1. They do well and Nintendo starts localizing more games.
2. They do poorly and Nintendo continues to not localize the same games they aren't localizing now.

Either way, we at least can't end up worse.

Also people should take into account people that would buy this because they see it on the shelves or when a review is actually done that aren't taking part in this. Hopefully it should off set those that don't go through with the pre-order. Then again maybe some might be so into this that they just might go through in the end feeling they should see this all the way. Either way we get the game if they do release it.

If it doesn't sell that's pretty much Nintendo's fault as well for not fostering a larger market. They as the console maker and publishers/developer should be on top of these things if they wish their own IPs to do well on their own system.

Out of all the games Xenoblade should be the one that should have come over with no questions asked due to the history of the Xeno series outside of Japan. Xenogears and all three Xenosaga games. Especially with Xenogears being released on PSN recently. There is an established market for that IP specifically. Them holding back the other two might be understood since they are new. However money was spent on making those games. They did not get that money back on just Japan only sales. They should be released in all markets due to that alone if Nintendo doesn't like to waste money.

Cow Mengde said:
Hey guys, I want to explain Xenoblade in a few short sentence that details it's pedigree and what it's about. Can someone help me out? I know almost nothing other than big world.

It's a single player MMO where you can basically go anywhere and do most anything. It's a game that rewards exploration, but is also enjoyable to just run straight through.

AceBandage said:
XB getting localized means a better chance for TLS to get localized.

Instro said:
Its all the same campaign, the Last Story has no Amazon page so we can't preorder. If you want Last Story, the best bet is to show support for XenoBlade as well since they are both RPG's.

I understand that, but I don't want to pre-order a game that I likely won't buy. Like the first reply to this thread stated, that would only make the campaign backfire.

Codeblue

Phoenix_Apollo said:
In reality, the campaign is for Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower equally. Xenoblade just seems to be the one most are after.

I don't think that's necessarily true. Xenoblade is the poster child because it's confirmed for translation and we can pre-order it. It's only natural that it would gain the most momentum since we can show our support in more ways.

Edited to clarify who I was talking to.

I've sent in my Amazon preorder for Monado. Hopefully NoA will actually listen this time.

Takao said:
It just looks really trashy, it's from a team no one likes, and doesn't look very marketable in the US ("Let's have a heroine who eats the hearts of her enemies!").
Red Sun Gamer's impressions of Pandora's Tower in their most recent podcast were quite positive and made me very interested in playing it - more than The Last Story. Of course, Xenoblade is the big one.

AceBandage said:
It's a single player MMO where you can basically go anywhere and do most anything. It's a game that rewards exploration, but is also enjoyable to just run straight through.

Who's it by? I know it's Monolith, but I heard the team is pretty famous too. I'm not a big RPG player so I don't know. Former Xenosaga team?

Go_Ly_Dow

Cow Mengde said:

I don't know too much about it either, outside of the stunning environments and amazing music.

As soon as I saw this video I decided to purchase it without hesitation.

Xenoblade Field Exploration (Some location spoilers)

This should be posted somewhere in the campaign for people who want to see what the game has to offer.

Cow Mengde said:
Who's it by? I know it's Monolith, but I heard the team is pretty famous too. I'm not a big RPG player so I don't know. Former Xenosaga team?

Yeah, there's a lot of talent from the Xenosaga games. Plus, an awesome composer for the musical score (including one piece from Mitsuda).

Fat Goron

Cow Mengde said:

"Final Fantasy XII on giant mechas"?

Cow Mengde said:

Yeah, it's by Monolith Soft (Not be confused with Monolith Productions, makers of F.E.A.R. and No One Lives Forever), the former creators of Xenosaga and Baten Kaitos.

wsippel

Banned
Cow Mengde said:
I'd love to, but my English is so bad...

Why not look through Bepbos impressions? And mention that it's the best RPG of the generation according to some Japanese meta-review site. I believe it also was GotY on 4Gamer or something. I've also heard several times that it's supposedly the best JRPG since Chrono Trigger, but I've never played Chrono Trigger...

EmmanuelMunoz said:
Are people more interested in Xenoblade or Last story?
Japanese impressions suggest that Xenoblade is one of the finest JRPGs this generation has to offer, so I'm personally more interested in that one.

M_Night said:
I don't know too much about it either, outside of the stunning environments and amazing music.

As soon as I saw this video I decided to purchase it without hesitation.

Xenoblade Field Exploration (Some location spoilers)

This should be posted somewhere in the campaign for people who want to see what the game has to offer.
Holy Shit! Haven't seen a lot of videos for Xenoblade. Is that really a Wii game? :O

Shadowlink said:
Holy Shit! Haven't seen a lot of videos for Xenoblade. Is that really a Wii game? :O

Yeah, and that's not even a big budget release game.
Imagine if this had gotten the backing that an Assassin's Creed does. People really undersell what the Wii can do.

Thoraxes

I've done my part and pre-ordered.

Having played all the games, Xenoblade is definitely what we should be asking for first. It's pretty awesome.

I thought Pandora's Tower was, different, but not bad. Last Story wasn't too bad either, and I enjoyed the story anyways. It's a bit more full-fledged than Pandora's Tower was, at any rate. Also, if they kept the Japanese VA option for both games, that would be amazing too, since that's happening with Xenoblade in EU.

Seres made me had a heart attack from her adorableness overload.

AceBandage said:
Imagine if this had gotten the backing that an Assassin's Creed does. People really undersell what the Wii can do.
Yep! Now if only there WiiU game was backed with as much resources from Nintendo like if it were a Mario or Zelda game. Imagine the possibilities!

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
AceBandage said:

When I played Sengoku Basara 3 running on MT Framework Lite, I felt like running out and beating every 3rd party that put a C-team using a fifty cent Gamecube engine for a Wii game to death.

wsippel

Banned
Shadowlink said:
It is. Also: Basically no load times even when using quick travel. There are some rough edges, graphically, but all in all, it's simply mindblowing. The first time you enter the fields is something else. The first time you witness nightfall in the swamps... You really have to see for yourself. This game is something else.

thefro

SaintMadeOfPlaster said:

There's no amazon page for The Last Story so we can't preorder it. Most are including it along with Xenoblade when they are twitter/facebook msging Nintendo. If you read the OP there is a snail mail letter campaign in a couple weeks.

wsippel said:
It is. Also: Basically no load times even when using quick travel. There are some rough edges, graphically, but all in all, it's simply mindblowing. The first time you enter the fields is something else. The first time you witness nightfall in the swamps... You really have to see for yourself. This game is something else.
Damn it NOA! :(

waytofailself

Neo Member
I'm really hoping this campaign works. I'm glad to see that it has a fast start -- but we need for it to keep its legs.

I wonder if we'll hear anything from NoA monday? My guess is a big, fat "No."

cj_iwakura

waytofailself said:
I'm really hoping this campaign works. I'm glad to see that it has a fast start -- but we need for it to keep its legs.

I wonder if we'll hear anything from NoA monday? My guess is a big, fat "No."

Reggielaugh.gif

Top Bottom