• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC |OT| No, F*ck You!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
It's uninviting. Along with that title. It's honestly made for someone like you.

And look at the discussion we're having now. It's chaos in here.

The title is perfect. Yeah, the actual post could have a little more to it, but people who are actually interested in the game will ask questions anyway. OT's aren't supposed to be advertisements.

The majority of the "chaos" is people yelling about how the OT is didn't include the letters "OT". If it helps, think of this thread as a metaphor for Limbo.

The other discussions would have happened regardless, no matter how beautiful the opening post was.

nbthedude

Was the PC port done in-house or outsourced?

From this thread:

-developed by QLOC S.A. (who did the exceptional Super Street Fighter IV PC port)
-supports Crossfire and Ifinity
-no frame rate lock
-compatible with all controller inputs
-full Steam works integration with cloud saving, steam achievements, steam leader boards, etc.

System requirements:

Minimum System Requirements:
Processor: AMD Athlon™ X2 2.8 Ghz or better,
Intel® Core™2 Duo 2.4 Ghz or better
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 8 GB free hard drive space
Video Card: ATI Radeon™ HD 3850 or better,
NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800GTS or better
DirectX®: 9.0c or greater
Sound: Standard audio device

Recommended System Requirements:
Processor: AMD Phenom™ II X4 3 Ghz or better,
Intel® Core™2 Quad 2.7 Ghz or better
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 9 GB free hard drive space
Video Card: AMD Radeon™ HD 6950 or better
DirectX®: 9.0c or greater
Sound: Standard audio device

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well I find this hilarious! I didn't like the demo too much but I'll give the game a shot on the cheap. Let me know when we get under $20 on Steam GAF!

Foffy

Banned
I've been watching this to get hyped. Is it sad that something like that has me more interested in the game than anything else I've seen and played?

sleepykyo

da2ot-01.jpg

da2otnav01.jpg

System Requirements:
MINIMUM
-486 Intel processor or 100% compatible
-4MB RAM
-MS-DOS 5.0 or higher
-8MB hard drive space
-256-color VGA graphics card
-CD-ROM drive
RECOMMENDED
-486/33MHz
-1MB video card
-Sound Blaster or 100% compatible sound card
-Double-speed CD-ROM drive

~snipped for being too cold blooded

If Dragon Age 2 could survive that post, this thread should be fine.

I've actually liked Ninja Theory's other two big games (Heavenly Sword & Enslaved)... and I dig the angels/demons angle.

I'm just worried about NT ramming a social/political message down my throat. I don't mind a designer injecting some of their own beliefs into a story, but don't try beating me over the head with it.
I also don't like how Dante carries himself; at least in videos and the demo. The middle fingers, "fuck you"s, etc. just seems like try hard shit. Original Dante had cheesy one-liners and an arrogant way about him, but somehow it still worked. New Dante just seems like a really unlikeable character from what I've seen.
After some pretty good overall writing with HS and Enslaved, I'm hoping the overall result works.

Not terribly excited about this game, but I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. NT's been hammered with negativity from the start, so a part of me is definitely cheering for an underdog move here.

Glass Rebel

I hope the PC version lets you lock the framerate. *fingers crossed* I'll play DMC4 to ride me over until it reaches a price where I feel comfortable getting it with the DLC. Won't buy it at all if it's missing.

Sora_N

Honestly fuck those preorder bonuses, I wasn't planning on preordering the game but still.

I still don't like the new designs.

Haunted

From this thread:

-developed by QLOC S.A. (who did the exceptional Super Street Fighter IV PC port)
-supports Crossfire and Ifinity
-no frame rate lock
-compatible with all controller inputs
-full Steam works integration with cloud saving, steam achievements, steam leader boards, etc.

System requirements:
Great, that's very reassuring. SSFIV is totally competent.

Good shit.

Well I find this hilarious! I didn't like the demo too much but I'll give the game a shot on the cheap. Let me know when we get under $20 on Steam GAF!
Couple weeks, tops.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Are you serious? He doesn't even explain the gameplay. He also doesn't show off any advanced techniques that are staples of the series, and he posts gifs mocking the game. It's made for people who like to rag on it. Anyone who likes this game won't feel comfortable coming in here.

This OT is bullshit.

I think this OT is bullshit, too, but come the fuck on with the bolded. This is a message board about a video game, and you've never been on the internet before if you think people will somehow be too ashamed to express their (positive) opinions here.

Will there be a ton of bullshit and arguing about what the game is and what it represents and on and on, just like there has been in every DmC thread so far? Yes. The actual content of the OT wasn't going to change that.

ezekial45

Banned
I think this OT is bullshit, too, but come the fuck on with the bolded. This is a message board about a video game, and you've never been on the internet before if you think people will somehow be too ashamed to express their (positive) opinions here.

Will there be a ton of bullshit and arguing about what the game is and what it represents and on and on, just like there has been in every DmC thread so far? Yes. The actual content of the OT wasn't going to change that.

Again, it's not inviting for people who are interested in the game wish to engage in discussion about it, and not actually hoping this game will fail, calling it trash, etc.

Haunted

Capcom has been really good about PC (aside from GFWL) in the past (from what I've read). And this time it should be steamworks instead of GWFL.
Well, it's Unreal Engine instead of MT Framework, but yeah, Capcom is probably the Japanese publisher most trustworthy where PC ports are concerned.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I actually have legitimate reasons to criticise this OT that almost borders on misrepresentation. But it's obviously not going anywhere, so I'll stop.

Misrepresentation on the internet. Stop the presses.

Nothing in the OT is egregiously inaccurate. Maybe instead of complaining about the OT and the people in the OT, you can just post some of your positive energy and PR spin to balance it out.

If newcomers enjoy this game then give HD Collection a shot . DMC and DMC3 are still enjoyable

Less than $20 on amazon right now.

Is DMC2 really that bad?
I never played it beyond a quick 5 minute run when my college roommate got it and it didn't seem that offensively horrible.

How did Capcom fuck that up so bad? Lack of Kamiya?

nbthedude

If newcomers enjoy this game then give HD Collection a shot . DMC and DMC3 are still enjoyable

Less than $20 on amazon right now.

For PC gamers, it is also worth noting that you can pre-order a pack deal for $60 that includes Devil May Cry 3 SE and Devil May Cry 4 and you get those to play right away in addition to the regular pre-order costume bonuses. That is the option I went for.

Monocle

Again, it's not inviting for people who are interested in the game wish to engage in discussion about it, and not actually hoping this game will fail, calling it trash, etc.
How many people who want to talk about a game in its OT actually read the first post before jumping in on the conversation?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
For PC gamers, it is also worth noting that you can pre-order a pack deal for $60 that includes Devil May Cry 3 SE and Devil May Cry 4 and you get those to play right away in addition to the regular pre-order costume bonuses. That is the option I went for.

PC version of DMC3 is almost unplayable. It takes work.

ezekial,

the game isn't out yet.

At least the "fuck thi game yo" post are at the start of it, in a few days it will be all about the game especially when DaBomd starts posting his breakdowns and shit.

If the "hate" bothers you just be glad that for the most part the drive-bys are at the start of the thread.

the OP could be less snarky but it's not that bad.

I-hate-u

Anyone play the game already? Honest opinion, is the story well put together or a janky mess? I semi-liked the combat in the demo but story narrative is also important for me in game franchises I like.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Anyone play the game already? Honest opinion, is the story well put together or a janky mess? I semi-liked the combat in the demo but story narrative is also important for me.

Reviews have said that the overall story is nothing that special. It's fairly straightforward. Stronger towards the beginning and then starts to weaken at the end.

I'm installing it now and will report back. I know there were performance problems on launch but I figured you could pretty much brute force it at this point.

I have a computer that can run The Witcher 2 on decent settings. I could not run DMC3 PC without making adjustments/changes.

ezekial45

Banned
How many people who want to talk about a game in its OT actually read the first post before jumping in on the conversation?
That's not the point, it's about having all general information and features of the game right at the beginning, instead of being some hatchet job for people who don't like it. That's what the OP of the OT is supposed to fucking do, offer information about the game.

You get me? It's petty.

Now I'm done.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Anyone play the game already? Honest opinion, is the story well put together or a janky mess? I semi-liked the combat in the demo but story narrative is also important for me in game franchises I like.

Based on reviews so far, the story is one of the weaker aspects of the game. Very basic in that aspect.

nbthedude

I liked Devil May Cry 4 quite a bit but I am willing to bet it can only be better than that silly mess of a narrative with the cheesy one liners. Though if the OP's character descriptions are anything to go by, then the game seems to trying to hit some of the absurd wacky charm of the original.

At the least though, Ninja Theory without question has better writers than Capcom does.

I liked Devil May Cry 4 quite a bit but I am willing to bet it can only be better than that silly mess of a narrative with the cheesy one liners. Though if the OT's character descriptions are anything to go by, then the game seems to trying to hit some of the absurd wacky charm of the original.

At the least though, Ninja Theory without question has better writers than Capcom does.

Good overall, but I think NT's writers have a problem closing out stories.
Wasn't a big fan of HS or Enslaved endings, but overall I liked both stories. What stands out the most are the performances by the actors, though. Excellent in both games.

Top Bottom