• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penn & Teller: Fool Us Season 3 |OT| This One Time at Magic Camp....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audioboxer

Asian Scottish guy representing! Trick was okay but probably easyish for Penn and Teller to guess. The other acts were better.

Audioboxer

I'm really surprised a contraption ended up fooling P&T

If they guess wrong it's counted as a fool. I mean the second they walked up on stage they'll have known how it was done and no doubt was a guess they didn't use. Had to have been something to do with the screen thing. Or else that was done on purpose to throw them off and fool them.

Asian Scottish guy representing! Trick was okay but probably easyish for Penn and Teller to guess. The other acts were better.

I actually know him, haha. Pretty cool guy. Meant to watch last nigh but some shit happened so I missed it.

Anyone know if/when these get put up on the CW app/YouTube?

So, how did the trick that fooled them work? Was Allison an instant stooge? Was it designed only to work at a specific angle for Penn and Teller?

So, Allison was in on that box trick and the screen on stage was so she could see what she looked like. The show really helped his act to succeed. Penn said if he knew she rehearsed the trick it wouldn't have fooled them. Whoops! They talked about this on Penn's podcast.

jett

D-Member
The dice stacking routine last night was really something. A solid show except for the photograph guy.

The dice stacking routine last night was really something. A solid show except for the photograph guy.

Yeah I wonder why it affected Teller so much lol. But that kid is something else...only 19 and he runs a business plus does magic, pretty talented if you ask me. He's going places with that drive to succeed.

dickroach

oh damn I had no idea there was a Fool Us thread. love this show

last nights episode was pretty good.
- the deck switch when the first guy was walking back to the stage was so obvious
- kinda bummed they gave the bowls-of-water guy a W even though they knew exactly what he did.
- Teller's reaction to the cheesy photograph act was ridiculous
- the dice stacking was cool, but tying in a cup-and-balls thing was dumb. and he must not have done it very well because the camera cut away every time he loaded one of the cups, and switched out the can.

dickroach

how the fuck did he get a frog in there?

the rest of the acts were rubbish IMO. super obvious sleights on the last two acts

how the fuck did he get a frog in there?

the rest of the acts were rubbish IMO. super obvious sleights on the last two acts

I mean, I understood how all of them were done as a layperson, but I just enjoyed watching them done. It's not that they fooled me, but that I just enjoyed the presentations. Maybe I'm having a "Teller watches a polaroid" moment.

The 21 year old former fat kid's act seemed really really simple. When he did the slight at the end, I was like "no, that was way too obvious. That couldn't have been it...could it?"

I liked the first act with the mirror. I totally thought the guy was going to press his luck too much and all of his money would have gone to smoke or something haha

dickroach

yeah, that move at the end of the movie card act was real bad

I thought the first act with the mirror was dumb, and I was shocked it wasn't one of those ones where Penn was just like "oh this is a variation on [something], but you did it really nice," but I guess it's way trickier
like it seems like the bottom half of the mirror is only a one-way mirror where the top half of it's a 2-way, and all the shit is stored around the bottom half............ i dunno

the other two were alright I guess.
the thing with the camera must've had marked cards according to what Penn said, and obviously a printer.

Bluth54

Glad my DVR was working, otherwise I would have completely missed tonights episode. I wonder why they decided to air the new episode on a Monday??

Didn't they do the same thing last year? They probably need to burn off the remaining episodes before the CW fall schedule starts.

Ahhh no wonder. Well, maybe they'll air it at its normal Thursday time?
Doubt it because Thursday they were gonna air the iHeart music festival, which was also filmed in Vegas so it was postponed too.

They'll probably just dump it somewhere when they have an opening that needs filling, or like Whose Line sometimes does, mix it in with next year's season assuming there will be one.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
- kinda bummed they gave the bowls-of-water guy a W even though they knew exactly what he did.

Penn touches on that on his podcast. He basically says (paraphrasing) "Even if we know how a trick is done, if we know and still don't see anything, then it counts as a legit fool". But he does say that they were legit fooled by this.

Personally I think they just wanted him to open on their Vegas show, since he's an absolute legend in magic but hey...explanation works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom