• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

TheOGB

Banned
Just passing through and found this hilarious
Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/qbh4hX2.png[/img]

So if anything happens at Gamescom it should be today, right?

joe2187

Banned
i think? I dunno honestly. Main problem is that its very hard to get in with his light attacks and far reach normals. Air approach doesnt work as well either.

i may just need to get good though

Does his AA Jab knock out regular Cannon Strike? or EX strike? EX Strike is your best bet to get up close and keep up the jab pressure that can eat Abby alive. You can also bait out his parry with empty jumps if they react to jump ins or cross ups.

Sayad

Chris T on Beast tv was pretty cool, good episode.

What defines a good Laura?!
- Chris T, 2017

tenor.gif

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Leave me out of it you lol. He's not wrong though - three people are not an adequate sample size. Also it's MrCarter no fullstop ;)
Adequate for what? There are like 10 people in this thread so a sample size of 3 could mean something. PCs are complicated so if your standard for declaring a software problem with SFV is like 60% occurrence, then you're misanalyzing the situation.

Also, when you're defending SFV as piece of software engineering, you're probably fucking up.

I don't have an alt tab problem (that I know of) but I still get an error message on quit fairly often.

Naarmight

Capcom have a SFV live stream later today, hopefully demonstrating what they reveal today
[FUTURE]

All times listed are Pacific Time:

Tuesday, August 22nd @ 3PM – Street Fighter V

I am probably hoping for too much :(

Blueblur1

Pompadour

My favourite part of that stream was Gootecks claiming he hadn't played Urien since the S2 dropped and then immediately launching into a combo that's only possible as of S2

But we are still getting something this week right Turb?
I was told to expect an Anniversary reveal at Gamescom. It makes sense because it's the last event before the actual anniversary. If not, then idk.

Menat was completely my guess and not something I completely expect.

Naarmight

Well the blog posts normally go up at 4pm (UK time so in just under 2 hours)

Really 30th Anniversary collection and Menat are the minimum I want, so I have a feeling I am not going to be happy today

I was told to expect an Anniversary reveal at Gamescom. It makes sense because it's the last event before the actual anniversary. If not, then idk.

Menat was completely my guess and not something I completely expect.

We are looking to you. It's your moment in the spotlight if this turns out to be true.

And your end if it it's false.

Do not let me go hungry.

Blueblur1

Y'all are letting yourselves believe. Don't do that to yourselves.

You're thinking it'll just be the 30th anniversary costumes with no new stages? That would seriously underwhelming. I don't know why they would bother with a live stream if they didn't have at least something else.

FluxWaveZ

You're thinking it'll just be the 30th anniversary costumes with no new stages? That would seriously underwhelming. I don't know why they would bother with a live stream if they didn't have at least something else.

Welcome to Street Fighter V and Capcom.

Might be a couple of new (unrevealed) costumes, though.

Scotia

Banned
After the SDCC panel I have come to expect nothing less than fuck all from Capcom when it comes to things like Gamescom and other gaming events/conventions

Blueblur1

Welcome to Street Fighter V and Capcom.

Might be a couple of new (unrevealed) costumes, though.

I'd prefer a stage or two but additional costumes is par for the course. That would be better than 'Look at the four new 30th anniversary costumes in action. Please be excited. Bye.'

Pompadour

I really couldn't give a shit about Menat, I doubt she's my kind of character but no Anniversary Collection announcement cuts deep.

I'll just pretend it's not going to happen.

Top Bottom