• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Leaked stages/characters from Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale [Updated]

Oh please.

iYRx5WioFrKYG.gif

Nothing in the game so far has been compelling to me, and now there is something in it that I find offputting. Not hard to understand.

Loudninja

PS1 Era:
Toro
Heihachi
Parappa
Sir Daniel
Spike
Sweet tooth

PS2 Era:
Jak and Daxter
Sly Cooper
Ratchet and Clank
Kratos

PS3 era:
Nathan Drake
Cole
Evil Cole
Big Daddy
Nathan Drake
Fat Princess
Radec
Dante
Raiden

Not sure about Raiden sure he was in MGS2 but not his ninja version.

Ravage

Wow, so I'm looking through the files as well...there are a LOT of game modes. Granted, some of them will be mini things, but there's some weird stuff as well. Only_Square, Survive_Supers, Invisibility, Must_Use_Gravity, Only_Ape_Attacks, etc. There is gonna be a ton of content. Also, all of those characters mentioned before seem to be confirmed. Looking at it right now.

GUYS WAAAAAAIT

Okay so

There's a "game mode" that is MUST HAVE ZURKON

Ahhh I love Mr. Zurkon from Ratchet and Clank! Each of the game mode looks like a handicap for each character. Must Have Barrel, Must Have Zurkon, Must Use Plasmid, Must Use Gravity, Must Sword Grab, Must Switch Stances, Must Use Tesla, Only Ape Attacks, etc.

Great find :)

Evil Cole and Good Cole for all purposes are different characters. Anybody who has played the infamous games know this. Good Cole is more about precision and lightning bolts where Evil Cole just says everyone dies.

Not supporting his inclusion but to merge both Coles would kinda hurt the point of infamous.

Already see scythe bolt and skull bolt having interesting interactions.

loss of interest aside, if this leak is legit, it took a massive amount of wind out of its sales, hard earned wind i might add. very polarizing decisions that may have been digestable in pieces but are hard to swallow for some all at once.

k_Reign

So guys, I know that a lot of people aren't happy with parts (PARTS) of the roster, but I think we can agree that there are some great characters and that that is not the end.

I also think that (after looking through all of this) there is going to be an insane amount of content and an insane amount of Playstation history shoved into this game. I can't imagine anyone will really be disappointed if they actually give it a shot.

EDIT: Also, PLEASE WAIT UNTIL THE OFFICIAL REVEALS (ONE AT A TIME) TO GO CRAZY ABOUT ANYTHING That's all

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
If you cant get them you cant get them.

I've got to say you'd hope they'd get at least one third party mega buster. Its not just Crash/Spyro, but also mega hits like Snake, Lara Croft, Cloud, Real Dante, Ryu/Ken, Mega Man, or Rayman. Just a single one would have really drawn eyes and made fans happy.

Hell, one of the Assassins from Assassins Creed would have even been bigger than Big Daddy, Heihachi, Raiden, and DINO. Really none of them are even the main character of thier own franchise with maybe the exception of Heihachi. It would be incredibly surprising that Smash Bros was able to get a better third party roster then this game, when even a huge fan like me can admit that third party is a much bigger part of Sony than it is for Nintendo.

A true confirmation of Lightning, or an Assassin might dull the pain a little bit personally, but still. That is the biggest reason I hope it's fake, even though it sounds like most people are saying it's real. I understand if there was nothing Superbot could reasonably do, but on the fan side of things that part really looks like a failure.

Minions are something we don't know about yet. It's weird that Toro's minion isn't the one who shows up in his moveset, unlike Heihachi and Sly, but it's not impossible.

Anyway, that puts Sam with Raiden. Whoever Sam is.

Sam is apparently someone Raiden fights in rising. If this list is true I'm gonna be pissed. I don't want a promo for the upcoming games that disgrace their series legacy.

RedBoot

So guys, I know that a lot of people aren't happy with parts (PARTS) of the roster, but I think we can agree that there are some great characters and that that is not the end.

I also think that (after looking through all of this) there is going to be an insane amount of content and an insane amount of Playstation history shoved into this game. I can't imagine anyone will really be disappointed if they actually give it a shot.

EDIT: Also, PLEASE WAIT UNTIL THE OFFICIAL REVEALS (ONE AT A TIME) TO GO CRAZY ABOUT ANYTHING That's all

Well, and the gameplay is what's really important. There may be no Lightning, no Kat (GR), and no Wild Arms, but if it's fun, it's fun.

Of course, they had me from the word "Parappa," so what do I know?

What's the point of writing "leak" all over the place? I can understand a nickname or a website but just "leak"? oO

No ICO/SOTC is surprising considering we saw a PC with Yorda on it on the dev team video.

k_Reign

Well, and the gameplay is what's really important. There may be no Lightning, no Kat (GR), and no Wild Arms, but if it's fun, it's fun.

Hahah, you're totally right. Hell, I've been playing as Radec and Kratos exclusively and only on four different stages with a tiny fraction of the overall amount of content and I'm satisfied for a while. I can't imagine what the full game will do. It's gonna be great!

Mik_Pad

Banned

Totally agree with you I think this leak may not represent the final roster so I say wait when all it's official.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

Maybe for you. For me gameplay and character roster hold equal grounds in importance for this game. I mean without the concept of the crossover roster this game wouldn't even exist, and its the thing that made me take notice first and foremost.

What's the point of writing "leak" all over the place? I can understand a nickname or a website but just "leak"? oO

No ICO/SOTC is surprising considering we saw a PC with Yorda on it on the dev team video.

I recall that, i hope these leaks are fake, Yorda/kid combo character would be better than everything leaked combined.

is there a chance that Dino has alt costume as Dante? :p

the tragedy is the fact that its a valid question..Capcom are terrible for letting it come to this.

B.O.O.M

Ok so it seems people are taking these lists as finalized and confirmed and running with it...I know that the saying goes any publicity (good or bad) is good publicity but I think things are getting a bit out of hand here.

Cl0ckW0rk can surely shed some light on the situation now..and he definitely should. I don't think keeping silent is going to do the game any favors now. Just my two cents

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
is there a chance that Dino has alt costume as Dante? :p

Of course, but his in game voice acting, story mode, moves, and mannerisms are going to be DINO no matter what costume he is wearing. In the beta the characters are all extremely chatty even just in a normal match and that is something you won't be able to get away from.

Tagg9

Ok so it seems people are taking these lists as finalized and confirmed and running with it...I know that the saying goes any publicity (good or bad) is good publicity but I think things are getting a bit out of hand here.

Cl0ckW0rk can surely shed some light on the situation now..and he definitely should. I don't think keeping silent is going to do the game any favors now. Just my two cents

The roster certainly isn't finalized - this is most certainly an old build and I'm sure they'll be adding in at least an extra character or two beyond what has been leaked already.

Mognet

Yes! Spike and Dan!!

Cool to see a Bioshock Infinite level too but I think a level from the previous Bioshock games would've looked much nicer.

Game Guru

Minions are something we don't know about yet. It's weird that Toro's minion isn't the one who shows up in his moveset, unlike Heihachi and Sly, but it's not impossible.

Anyway, that puts Sam with Raiden. Whoever Sam is.

If I had to guess... it's probably because Kuro is going to be an alternate color of Toro... He does have the same general character design as Kuro does, so switching the two for an alternate color would seem easy enough.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

Right. I think they are legit enough to discuss at this point, but I don't at all 100% believe it yet. I just don't want to always say "if this were true" on every sentence when talking about it.

B.O.O.M

The roster certainly isn't finalized - this is most certainly an old build and I'm sure they'll be adding in at least an extra character or two beyond what has been leaked already.

Yep. In fact I would be rather annoyed if the game doesn't have at least some representation from franchises like yakuza, FF, Assassins Creed and SOTC. It would be just stupid not to have them.

Right. I think they are legit enough to discuss at this point, but I don't at all 100% believe it yet. I just don't want to always say "if this were true" on every sentence when talking about it.

Yes I understand completely. This appears to be a huge leak and one that is definitely worth discussing extensively. But I think the overall game could benefit if SuperBot actually comes in and make a statement about it soon. Even something as vague, not all of the things 'leaked' are true or there's plenty more to see would be great. Will help some people calm down a bit.

RedBoot

Maybe for you. For me gameplay and character roster hold equal grounds in importance for this game. I mean without the concept of the crossover roster this game wouldn't even exist, and its the thing that made me take notice first and foremost.

It's certainly important. It helps that the game already has a few characters I would be perfectly happy using every match (Parappa, Cole, Sly). Sure, I'd love to be able to use Lightning or Kat or Ashley Winchester as well, but I'm good with what I've got. The hope is that the current roster is wide enough that there's someone for everyone.

But gameplay trumps roster, for me. Battle Stadium DON had a pretty strong roster too, but its gameplay wasn't up to snuff.

If I had to guess... it's probably because Kuro is going to be an alternate color of Toro... He does have the same general character design as Kuro does, so switching the two for an alternate color would seem easy enough.

That's probably exactly it, though we'll need to wait and see what minions are to be sure.

I-hate-u

Snake, Kazuma and Ezio/Conner have to be in the final roster. Any list that don't have those characters won't be credible for me.
and lol @ Evil Cole. Cmon Superbot knws better than that
I hope

solidus51

Banned
So people are mad about there obscure character picks didn't make the cut? Who's dino? Who cares what dante looks like? Oh people are mad at raiden? Sheesh give me a break the game is regardless of character pics.

Pixel_boy

Banned
What no Crash? they was a point where he was hold up as Sony Mario, and no Spyro? really boring list hope DLC full it out later it need it

Alot of them are not good fits for this type of game and why is the LBP level base on the really old E3 demo?

B.O.O.M

So people are mad about there obscure character picks didn't make the cut? Who's dino? Who cares what dante looks like? Oh people are mad at raiden? Sheesh give me a break the game is regardless of character pics.

I guess dino is dante + emo = dino

I am not angry or upset personally but I will be annoyed if characters from well known playstation franchises like SOTC and Assassins Creed doesn't make it. It just would not make any sense to me

Loudninja

What no Crash? they was a point where he was hold up as Sony Mario, and no Spyro? really boring list hope DLC full it out later it need it

Alot of them are not good fits for this type of game
Oh I didnt know it was that easy to ask a rival game developer to use its IP in their game.

Also don't fit really?

I'm surprised this stuff was left in the beta for it to be extracted. Kind a dumb of Sony/SuperBot to do this.

I want more characters. Actually I just want Snake. Hopefully they didn't leave him off the roster.

You should see the RE6 demo hack. almost every single detail about the game leaked.

Top Bottom