• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal Demo Impressions

Helscream

Banned
Yea I am really pissed with the way Sony is and their marketing. You would think that would make at least a minor effort to advertise their exclusives.

10dollas

Banned
/Shrug, different companies have different marketing philosophies. Advertising can be very expensive and ineffective for its price. That's why certain companies go light on advertising and channel more of the budget into the actual products itself. Sometimes its best to just make great products and let the reviews/word-of-mouth do the selling itself.

Plus there's multiple ways to get more bang for your buck in promotion that doesn't involve the most expensive form of advertising: TV ads.

A lot of people are under the assumption that throwing money into tv ads, will always automatically be a good decision, but thats rarely the truth.

Izick

Server problems. Both SP and MP expire a week before the game comes out.

Why do I think Jaffe and ESP had absolutely nothing to do with this demo, besides making the actual game part?

Sony drops the ball on this one.

heynow12

Banned
yeah I agree this was awlful for a demo. Not showing the levelling up was a mistake. A bigger mistake was the matchmaking problems. And now it is gone completely...

Polo67

I'm playing the demo and STILL have not been able to connect to 1 game online.. I live on Guam.. but I can connect to star hawk beta, COD and uncharted 3 just fine.. think i might have a final release issue?

Wow I have been so busy with work I never got around to even turning my Ps3 on. Finally found some time today to go thru the updates and all.

I just looked all over that damnable store for the demo before figuring the worst.

Oh well.

newjeruse

Things I don't understand:

1. Why Sony releases a game that they don't even have enough faith in to advertise.
2. In what world, pulling a demo a week before a game releases makes sense.

Deadbeat

Banned

1. Why Sony releases a game that they don't even have enough faith in to advertise.
Did you know the Vita is coming out soon? I know that ONLY because I read it on GAF. I wouldnt have known otherwise.

Thats one bad thing of many bad things sony marketing has been doing as of late.

Izick

Because Sony is incompetent in a lot of areas.

I like that they're giving faith in their developers and pumping out 1st party games/exclusives, but they have no follow through unless the game is Uncharted.

I mean, look how bad Sony is doing as a company overall, not just on the video game side. There is a lot of incompetence in the company it seems right now. Maybe Kaz can turn it around though, we'll just have to wait and see.

Top Bottom