• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Comcast out of the Running. Disney and Fox deal all but assured.

http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/disney-21st-century-fox-comcast-sale-out-1202636618/

The deal is almost approved. Disney will buy Fox. Which means we can have an Avengers and X-men crossover movie that also features Fantastic Four and Doctor Doom where we discover the Brood are actually related to Ridley Scotts Alien Xenomorph, and where they also discover the existence of the Predator, leading to a Wolverine vs. Predator movie. Meanwhile Mulder and Scully realize everything they chased over the years has been beyond even Mulders wildest cases in the X-Files leading him to become an Agent of SHIELD in charge of their paranormal investigations unit. This all leads to the historic movie mega event where the Marvel Cinematic universe intersects with the Star Wars universe. Darth Vader is brought back to life with an Infinity Stone. Unfortunately so is Emperor Palpatine who subjugates the Predators species, and uses the Alien Xenomorphs as a bio weapons to destroy alliance planets, leading to epic showdowns of Jedi and Marvel heroes fighting Aliens Xenomorphs, Predators, Marvel villains, and sith lords. Everyone shits their collective pants when a Super star destroyer in orbit is eclipsed by the arrival of Galactus. Also, The Simpsons become a Pixar film.
Yes, this is all possible thanks to Disney buying Fox.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Maybe Disney will reboot firefly.

This might be good for new Fox IPs since they won’t have “Fox” to fuck them up anymore lol

JordanN

Banned
Remember when Disney built Pandora for one of their parks?

am0OxNn.jpg

Apparently Fox also owns the rights to Avatar.

So now they basically get to keep their money and reap the benefits of the next 3 Avatar films. Damn.

MDSLKTR

Remember when Disney built Pandora for one of their parks?

am0OxNn.jpg

Apparently Fox also owns the rights to Avatar.

So now they basically get to keep their money and reap the benefits of the next 3 Avatar films. Damn.
So avatar becomes relevant now? I can't keep up

Pejo

Man, I'm sick of Disney coming in and buying out all of these 'mom and pop' shops. When will their reign of terror end?

Excited for X-Men and Fantastic 4

It says something that people care more about celebrating what this means for things like the MCU than the worrying size this company's getting. Disney already controls a lot, I don't see them getting more as a good thing.

Dynomutt

It says something that people care more about celebrating what this means for things like the MCU than the worrying size this company's getting. Disney already controls a lot, I don't see them getting more as a good thing.

But if it's more of something that is already technically yours that's OK right?

It's like getting something back after lending it out. Albeit you got paid lol

JordanN

Banned

Is it any different than any other conglomerate?

Look at Samsung, they're in a ton of industries already.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Is it any different than any other conglomerate?

Look at Samsung, they're in a ton of industries already.

This would push Disney up to like 30% market share, right? I have some concerns about that...they've already been kinda bullish lately with how they're treating theaters and reviewers, this just gives them more weight. Don't get me wrong, Disney puts out great products. But that's a huge slice of the pie with no close competition besides Warner Bros

I imagine some of the Fox creatives are worried, cause a lot of those weird projects might not make it through the system anymore. Who knows, maybe Disney uses Fox as a means to make more adults cinema, including superhero films. But if I had to choose between Wolverine making an Avengers cameo and the studios staying apart, I'd go with staying apart.

Gandara

I would also like them to keep the xmen separate from the MCU. The xmen have a ton of characters/stories to chose from that there's really no need to mix them. I really hope they do a reboot of the xmen and throw mystique out of the stories. Too much focus on her. And I know wolverine is important but give him a rest and focus on other characters.

http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/disney-21st-century-fox-comcast-sale-out-1202636618/

The deal is almost approved. Disney will buy Fox. Which means we can have an Avengers and X-men crossover movie that also features Fantastic Four and Doctor Doom where we discover the Brood are actually related to Ridley Scotts Alien Xenomorph, and where they also discover the existence of the Predator, leading to a Wolverine vs. Predator movie. Meanwhile Mulder and Scully realize everything they chased over the years has been beyond even Mulders wildest cases in the X-Files leading him to become an Agent of SHIELD in charge of their paranormal investigations unit. This all leads to the historic movie mega event where the Marvel Cinematic universe intersects with the Star Wars universe. Darth Vader is brought back to life with an Infinity Stone. Unfortunately so is Emperor Palpatine who subjugates the Predators species, and uses the Alien Xenomorphs as a bio weapons to destroy alliance planets, leading to epic showdowns of Jedi and Marvel heroes fighting Aliens Xenomorphs, Predators, Marvel villains, and sith lords. Everyone shits their collective pants when a Super star destroyer in orbit is eclipsed by the arrival of Galactus. Also, The Simpsons become a Pixar film.
Yes, this is all possible thanks to Disney buying Fox.

If I were netflix, I would green light that shit so fast.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face

Yep. The entertainment industry just got even more conglomerated and people are wondering what this means for Wolverine and MCU canon.

opoth

Banned

That's always the dark side to fanboyism - as a consumer, I'm always in a better position when a company is trying to play catchup.

You look at the gaming side, the Sony brigade celebrates every NPD win, but the flip is that the "winner" here is disencentivized from offering a superior service to their loyal base.

I like smaller Disney too, eventually (soon) they will get lazy again and rest on their laurels aka the late Eisner era, and unlike then, this laziness and entitlement will bleed into all corners of their empire, not just some cartoons like in the late 90s/early 00s

wipeout364

This is terrible in my opinion. Do you think Disney would green light a film like Deadpool or Aliens. Disney is basically going to pull all the fox content from Netflix as well as their own and make their own streaming service which guaranteed will not cost 9.99 a month. This merger needs to be blocked; way too much consolidation in the entertainment industry already.

This is terrible in my opinion. Do you think Disney would green light a film like Deadpool or Aliens. Disney is basically going to pull all the fox content from Netflix as well as their own and make their own streaming service which guaranteed will not cost 9.99 a month. This merger needs to be blocked; way too much consolidation in the entertainment industry already.

I would imagine it’s films like those that made Fox appealing to Disney in the first place.

That said, while this deal will be approved, consolidation in this industry is pretty concerning. Wouldn’t be surprised if Paramount was picked up soon.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

I wonder if they're even going to keep going with that new streaming service. They own like 60% of Hulu now. They could just work with that.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I wonder if they're even going to keep going with that new streaming service. They own like 60% of Hulu now. They could just work with that.

Would be dumb to create a new service now on top of Netflix and Hulu. I think you're right.

Top Bottom