• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show Off Your Gaming Collection - 2017 Edition

(Not to be mistaken with the 'Show us your gaming setup' thread for this year)

Hello!

Last year, we had a thread where you could show off your gaming collection. Well, I'm doing it again for this year.

Last year's thread kinda ran on fumes and that's my fault for not upkeeping the thread as much as I could have. Hopefully, this year, I'll do my best to make sure the thread is in tip-top shape.

[2016 Thread]

Here's some of my favourite collections from last year:

I don't have all of my gaming items on display yet. I just bought a new home this summer and I still have a lot of my stuff to set up. I took a couple of quick pictures though to add to the thread.

Just my current gen games, anything older is in storage.

8nJvP5u.jpg

Compared to other collections here mine looks like a mess

I recently took some pictures for another forum to earn some medals, because of the format a few things are missing in some pictures but I figured some of you might enjoy.

Most of my retro stuff is still packed up but here is what I have so far of my "recent" collection.

Amiibo%201_zps0zdfkvmg.jpg

F3374A43-C1AB-43E6-B4DC-86B73043BEDB_zpsnev9vapn.jpg

Ok here is mine:

Full Collection, games sorted by release date (oldest -> newest):

Pieces of the collection for visibility:

Damn you Fallout 4 and Mass Effect Trilogy for not being normal blu ray cases!!!!

Fun facts:
-I own every single North American SKU of Metal Gear Solid 2 on Playstation Consoles
-The Office Season 1-5 are not legit copies. I bought them on ebay for $50 and I only found out last year they are not real. The color on the cases are low resolution and look like I printed them out myself. NBC needs to put Blu ray version of The Office so I can replace them lol.

There is some personal info there so I had to remove it but here are my figures. Very top part of my shelf is very messy. I have autographed posters from Breaking Benjamin and Senses Fail when I saw them (need to get frames for them) so I have no where to put them for now. So everything on the top is not where its supposed to be. There is a Play Arts Cloud Strife FFVII Advent Children hiding back there:

Bonus pics:

Sorry about the lighting, I did the best I could

House rules (not so much rules, but more of a guide)

+ You can post pics (videos too if you wish) of whatever collection of games you have: present day, classic, whatever. So photos of your NES & Mega Drive/Master System and Saturn & N64 collections are as welcome as your PS4/XB1/Wii U/Switch collections.

+ You can as well post pictures of figures and collectables that are part of your games collections too.

+ Digital collections are also encouraged and just as welcome too as physical stuff. It's easy enough to take screenshots nowadays of collections on Steam, PS4 and Xbox One with print-screen/built-in capture.

Here's my collection. No digital Xbox One or Steam collections for now, but I'll get them up in the OP as soon as. My PS4 digital set is below, though!

[img[[http://imgur.com/yeuBrG7][/img[

Holy shit OP. That's impressive!

Hats off to the collectors. I have this weird thing about collecting. Anytime I start collecting things, I get buyer's remorse and feel really existential. Like, "these are material possessions, spend money on making memories with friends and family instead!"

But ironically, I love seeing other people's collections. So fun to admire and see hidden gems from my childhood.

Hats off to the collectors. I have this weird thing about collecting. Anytime I start collecting things, I get buyer's remorse and feel really existential. Like, "these are material possessions, spend money on making memories with friends and family instead!"

But ironically, I love seeing other people's collections. So fun to admire and see hidden gems from my childhood.

That's why I did this thread! Because I myself like seeing people's collections and how different they are from one another in terms of size, console, whatever! Love this sort of thing!

eXistor

Hey this seems more my kinda thread than the Gaming Setup thread which, no offence, is just people showing pics of their PC or their minimalist apartments which don't interest me one bit.

I should make some new pics soon, I've made a few (small) changes to my gaming room anyway. Keep 'em coming guys, I love seeing other people's collections!

I'm currently in the (long) process of cataloguing my games in a simple excel spreadsheet. I've just finished my Nintendo games and I'm up to about 750 games. I think I'll start on Sega tomorrow. Rough estimate right now would be a total of 2000 games (physical, I don't count digital games as part of my collection tbh).

My game cabinet, which holds my modern day stuff. I've long since run out of space, so I've resorted to shoving stuff into double layers till I get something better.
These are my CE's and LE's (most of them anyway), primarily Japanese developed with a touch of Western here and there.

This is my Vita, 3DS and physical Windows game stock. My 3DS collection is looking a little sad, but with the Switch release coming up my Nintendo collection is about to see a significant bump. My Steam library (the only digital storefront I'm willing to "collect" games on) has over 800 games from March 2015 to present.

[Not photographed (because it's too much effort to dig them out)]: my PS3 and PS4 physical standard edition copies.

Hey this seems more my kinda thread than the Gaming Setup thread which, no offence, is just people showing pics of their PC or their minimalist apartments which don't interest me one bit.

I should make some new pics soon, I've made a few (small) changes to my gaming room anyway. Keep 'em coming guys, I love seeing other people's collections!

I'm currently in the (long) process of cataloguing my games in a simple excel spreadsheet. I've just finished my Nintendo games and I'm up to about 750 games. I think I'll start on Sega tomorrow. Rough estimate right now would be a total of 2000 games (physical, I don't count digital games as part of my collection tbh).

Don't get me wrong, I like seeing the Setup thread every now and then - it's in my subs - but this is the sort of thing I love a lot more than seeing actual setups. It's genuinely fascinating.

My game cabinet, which holds my modern day stuff. I've long since run out of space, so I've resorted to shoving stuff into double layers till I get something better.

These are my CE's and LE's (most of them anyway), primarily Japanese developed with a touch of Western here and there.

This is my Vita, 3DS and physical Windows game stock. My 3DS collection is looking a little sad, but with the Switch release coming up my Nintendo collection is about to see a significant bump. My Steam library (the only digital storefront I'm willing to "collect" games on) has over 800 games from March 2015 to present.

[Not photographed (because it's too much effort to dig them out)]: my PS3 and PS4 physical standard edition copies.

Nice cabinet, dude. Would love to actually put together a nice shelving system for my games that isn't a small shelving beside my bed that decreases with space each time I get a new game (though I guess I should consider myself lucky it's not my wardrobe at this point as it was last year).

frontovik

Banned
Very impressive collection, OP.

Personally, I've become wary of investing in a collection due to fears of arson, theft, or financial security. I'll consider it in the future when circumstances are more favourable.

I feel the same way.

OP that's impressive. Like wow. I'm glad some people still take pride in collecting physical games since it is a sight to see. Any reason why some of your later PS4 games are digital or did you just not have pictures ready for their boxes?

For me (soon since I'm all digital and will be going to external storage lol):

EhdxvPbvJhzDFtzyX4SAQm-650-80.png

Ultima_5

i have a few of those shelves with multiple squares and all my stuffs hidden in pull out drawers. nothing to exciting to take photos of

OP that's impressive. Like wow. I'm glad some people still take pride in collecting physical games since it is a sight to see. Any reason why some of your later PS4 games are digital or did you just not have pictures ready for their boxes?

For me (soon since I'm all digital and will be going to external storage lol):

EhdxvPbvJhzDFtzyX4SAQm-650-80.png

Some of the later PS4 games are physical games. The latter photo of PS4 boxed games have promo copies as well as part of my day job (hence, MGSV, Watch Dogs, etc). I very rarely get digital copies of full AAA games because of the time it takes to download and the fact I like to hold something tangible in my hands.

Galdius

I posted my setup on last year's setup thread and so i'm going to use the same picture for this thread since I didn't take any new pictures this year. Maybe in a couple of months when I put more games on the shelves (when the Switch launches I may put the WiiU games with the Wii games). In this picture my full N64 set wasn't complete but now it is.

86eqhSVh.jpg
eneuQw1h.jpg

I also have those two pinball machines:

K2sgXmKh.jpg

I like to collect demos and prototypes of games.
Here is an old picture of my NFR DS and 3DS games.

eyq8Fkah.jpg

I posted my setup on last year's setup thread and so i'm going to use the same picture for this thread since I didn't take any new pictures this year. Maybe in a couple of months when I put more games on the shelves (when the Switch launches I may put the WiiU games with the Wii games). In this picture my full N64 set wasn't complete but now it is.

86eqhSVh.jpg
eneuQw1h.jpg

K2sgXmKh.jpg

eyq8Fkah.jpg

Dude, when I saw that in the setup thread, I was genuinely blown away by how well you put together your collection. Seriously, it's impressive. Kudos to you, man.

I can't wait to see new pics. Hopefully sooner than later.

86eqhSVh.jpg
disgusted-mother-of-god.png

I might have a nice-sized collection, but when I was in high school I was an idiot and believed "you can't play video games when you grow up" so I stupidly brought my massive PS2 collection to EBGames and traded most of it in. Made like $50 altogether for games that were in mint condition and would make me much more now-a-days. Hurts just thinking about what I lost.

linkboy

Here's modest game collection. I'm not really a collector, I've just been going back and getting the games that I enjoyed playing as a kid.

NES\SNES

NES
Zelda 1
Zelda 2
Mega Man
Mega Man 2
Mega Man 3
Mega Man 4
Mega Man 5
Mega Man 6
Mike Tyson Punch Out
Ninja Gaiden
Super Mario Bros
Super Mario Bros 2
Super Mario Bros 3
Tecmo Super Bowl

SNES (I've been rebuying the SFC versions of the games I own and swapping the boards to put them in the SFC cartridge shells)
Chrono Trigger
F-Zero
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Illusion of Gaia
The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past
Mega Man X
Mega Man X2
Mega Man X3
Secret of Mana
Seiken Densetsu 2
Star Fox (sealed, not pictured)
Super Bases Loaded
Super Mario Collection
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario RPG
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
U.N. Squadron

Gamecube\Wii

1080 Avalanche
Baten Kaitos
Baten Kaitos - Origins
Beyond Good and Evil
Eternal Darkness
Final Fantasy - Chrystal Chronicles
Fire Emblem - Path of Radience
The Legend of Zelda - Collector's Edition
The Legend of Zelda - Four Sword's Adventures
The Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess
The Legend of Zelda - The Wind Waker
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Golf - Toadstool Tour
Mario Kart - Double Dash
Mega Man X - Command Mission
Metal Gear Solid - The Twin Snakes
Paper Mario - The Thousand Year Door
Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Resident Evil - Code Veronica
Skies of Arcadia
Soul Calibur 2
Star Fox Adventures
Star Fox Assault
Star Wars - Rogue Squadron 2
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Smash Bros Melee
Tales of Symphonia
Wave Race - Blue Storm

Wii
Metroid Prime Trilogy
The Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess
The Legend of Zelda - Skyward Sword
Xenoblade Chronicles

Playstation 1/2/3

PS1
Alundra
Castlevania Chronicles
Chrono Cross
Grandia
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy Tactics
Legend of Mana
Lunar - Silver Star Story Complete
Luner 2 - Eternal Blue
Star Ocean
Suikoden
Suikoden II
Tales of Destiny

PS2
Atelier Iris
Atelier Iris 2
Dragon Quest VIII
Final Fantasy XII
Suikoden III
Suikoden IV
Suikoden V
Suikoden Tactics
Ys - The Ark of Napishtim

PS3
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Ni No Kuni
Metal Gear Solid - The Legacy Collection

360/PS4/Wii U/3DS/Vita

PS4
The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD
Final Fantasy XV
Metal Gear Solid V - The Phantom Pain
The Witcher III - The Wild Hunt

Wii U
The Legend of Zelda - The Wind Waker HD
The Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess HD

Xbox 360
The Witcher 2

PS Vita 2k
New Nintendo 3DS XL

keraj37

86eqhSVh.jpg
eneuQw1h.jpg

K2sgXmKh.jpg

eyq8Fkah.jpg

3o6ZtqcKgqEZh76uOc.gif

Squarehard

I'll post mine in a bit.

I'll probably post all of the things I collect since my games are sort of mixed up with my anime, manga, and figures too, so hard to post just the games.

This is mine - nothing major of course (and this is only the physical stuff since I'm too lazy to take pics of the digital stuff. Hoping it can keep growing with time. Left is unbeaten, and right is beaten, or don't plan on playing (stuff that came with the PS3 like MLB The Show 10, for example). The unmarked games on the left and right (respectively) are Resistance 3 and LA Noire. Not pictured are CoD: Black Ops which has been beaten, and Persona 5, which is being played atm.

HGmIhdBl.jpg

Physical games:

Handhelds:

Oh wow Clannad PS3!!! And Vita too!

I wish I could read Japanese - there are about 7 or 8 VNs I'd love to be able to read on the big screen, with trophy support added in, and Clannad is one of them, alongside Rewrite, Majikoi, the other Science Adventure VNs, and also Little Busters.... Have to make do with a Steam copy but that's definitely better than nothing at all... *continues wishing there was a Steins;Gate 0 PS3 copy in English*.

What are the Sega games to the right of the yellow PS3 game in the first pic? The ones that say 3, 4, and 5?

Finally had a bit of free time to snap some shots.

Here's my collection of games, and other interests.

Wow - just... Wow. Do you have a link to a higher resolution album? That's a really impressive collection, and it's really really nicely organized...

Squarehard

Wow - just... Wow. Do you have a link to a higher resolution album? That's a really impressive collection, and it's really really nicely organized...

Nice PS3 collection. ^__^

I actually need to get a better camera, so currently I don't have all that much better quality other than larger images which can be found here, http://imgur.com/a/rdwuc

I just wish I had enough space to put everything together in the same space so it'd look nicer, but just too difficult with all the differing sizes of everything, and what not.

Part of the collection is starting to spill into the closet though, so that's one thing I've been dreading for awhile. :*(

cj_iwakura

Yeeeesh... talk about a humbling thread.

Here's my revised PS1/PS2/GC/Xbox/360/DC shelf:

I have another bookshelf for my PS3/Wii/DS/GBA/PC/Saturn/Sega CD stuff that still needs to be updated, need to add a shelf or two.

And my old school setup in the front room
(Including my Shinobi cab)

Wow, seeing those pics has shown me just how far my collection has come. Hadn't seen the thread until now. I need more shelves but I've held off buying them so I can build custom shelves.

I've had to move some of my collection into the closet until I build the custom shelves but I'll see if I can get some updated pics in the next few weeks.

Edit: subbed now. Love seeing everyone's collections and how they are displayed.

Squarehard

I have a really awesome collection but you're just gonna have to take my word on it

Pics! Pics! We want to see more collection fodder! :D

Yeeeesh... talk about a humbling thread.

I feel the same way. My shelves are all fun house mirror compared to some of the shelving people here have. The custom lighted ones make me especially jelly. T__T

Wow, seeing those pics has shown me just how far my collection has come. Hadn't seen the thread until now. I need more shelves but I've held off buying them so I can build custom shelves.

I've had to move some of my collection into the closet until I build the custom shelves but I'll see if I can get some updated pics in the next few weeks.

Edit: subbed now. Love seeing everyone's collections and how they are displayed.

What kind of shelving you planning to build?

NFreak

Sorry for the awful quality phone picture. Didn't have my DSLR on me.

I also need to get another shelf lol. Not all my games are displayed.

vzTEo5v.jpg

batrush

Oh wow Clannad PS3!!! And Vita too!

I wish I could read Japanese - there are about 7 or 8 VNs I'd love to be able to read on the big screen, with trophy support added in, and Clannad is one of them, alongside Rewrite, Majikoi, the other Science Adventure VNs, and also Little Busters.... Have to make do with a Steam copy but that's definitely better than nothing at all... *continues wishing there was a Steins;Gate 0 PS3 copy in English*.

What are the Sega games to the right of the yellow PS3 game in the first pic? The ones that say 3, 4, and 5?

Ryuu ga gotoku 3,4,5 (yakuza)

updated collection:

Squarehard

Doing some re-arranging soon so pardon the mess. Not much but something.

Lies. It's plenty. ;D

Sorry for the awful quality phone picture. Didn't have my DSLR on me.

I also need to get another shelf lol. Not all my games are displayed.

I don't even have a DSLR, so you're already ahead of me. XD

And totally feel you on a new shelf. The problem for me is where I'd even put it though at this point. T____T

DSLR or not, still looks great.

NFreak

I don't even have a DSLR, so you're already ahead of me. XD

And totally feel you on a new shelf. The problem for me is where I'd even put it though at this point. T____T

DSLR or not, still looks great.

Thanks! Your collection is amazing as well!!

And yeah I don't know where I'd put another shelf either. I'd have to move the dresser that is next to my shelves currently haha. All my CE's are in plastic drawers in my closet too. Would love to display those but no room :(

Pics! Pics! We want to see more collection fodder! :D

I feel the same way. My shelves are all fun house mirror compared to some of the shelving people here have. The custom lighted ones make me especially jelly. T__T

What kind of shelving you planning to build?

Not for sure of the exacts but it will be custom sized for each systems cases. Up for suggestions though if you have any lol.

Squarehard

Ryuu ga gotoku 3,4,5 (yakuza)

updated collection:

^___^!

I want to say nice import titles, but I'm guessing those are just regular titles to you. ;D

And yeah I don't know where I'd put another shelf either. I'd have to move the dresser that is next to my shelves currently haha. All my CE's are in plastic drawers in my closet too. Would love to display those but no room :(

I think the main reason why I dreaded that my collection is starting to invade my closet is because I may just empty out my closet, and then turn it into a complete collection space eventually, which sort of gives me a headache just thinking about it, lol.

Not for sure of the exacts but it will be custom sized for each systems cases. Up for suggestions though if you have any lol.

I don't have any personal experience with it, but I have seen some nice ones that's been installed inside the wall. Not sure exactly how far you wanted to take the project, but most likely not that far I'm assuming. XD

Something like this,
lA92CTq.jpg

But the guy that did that took forever to build that, so not sure if it's something you'd want to do for a "side" project.

Pretty awesome though.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Current-Gen setup:

Retro game setup (closet attached to gaming room):

Bonus (Amiibo collection and CEs):

I noticed I own the same PlayStation stand.

IMG_3241.jpg

Here's a few things I have setup.
IMG_3242.jpg

IMG_3244.jpg

IMG_3245.jpg

IMG_3246.jpg

The watch is from Final Fantasy The Spirits Within. I believe it was a promotional item, but I'm not sure.

I love these threads, they always make me stop loving my collection lol

Only got some shots of my PC/Megadrive collection, have not taken any pictures of my collection of games for other systems:

6HcnWDf.jpg

bVjfHFX.jpg

ljqJokX.jpg

gDGvPWL.jpg

^___^!

I want to say nice import titles, but I'm guessing those are just regular titles to you. ;D

I think the main reason why I dreaded that my collection is starting to invade my closet is because I may just empty out my closet, and then turn it into a complete collection space eventually, which sort of gives me a headache just thinking about it, lol.

I don't have any personal experience with it, but I have seen some nice ones that's been installed inside the wall. Not sure exactly how far you wanted to take the project, but most likely not that far I'm assuming. XD

Something like this,
lA92CTq.jpg

But the guy that did that took forever to build that, so not sure if it's something you'd want to do for a "side" project.

Pretty awesome though.

Yea, that's definitely pretty awesome. I'm wanting it to basically line the one wall and fit each system cases properly. Probably simple and clean with the ability to easily add on will be my goals for now. The major problem I have is that I'm still very actively collecting. I need to try to take that into consideration when building but it can be difficult to know how your collection will grow.

Working on a horror game collection. Missing most of the NES, SNES and PC stuff.

If anyone sees stuff that I'm missing, especially from 5th/PS1 generation onwards, hit me up, I'd appreciate it a lot.

LCmBZmN.jpg
EOLx4wX.jpg

AzKIksZ.jpg
OJo8P8M.jpg

ZP9Dd81.jpg

dGrV3y6.jpg
dVfG0Li.jpg

6cbtNNN.jpg
KNRdOb4.jpg

1MFtenY.jpg
nfkpDTk.jpg

RWoNHgr.jpg
eo2x65V.jpg

I took all the above photos 9 months ago. I think these are the titles I have picked up since then.
l3m5cc7.jpg

Other sets that I like
Kojima
gnTkzdQ.jpg

Fumito Ueda/Dark Souls
DDQ6tAg.jpg

Swery/Shenmue/Yakuza
AER27lW.jpg

Grasshopper/Mikami/Platinum/Nier
2P3enXh.jpg

Squarehard

Yea, that's definitely pretty awesome. I'm wanting it to basically line the one wall and fit each system cases properly. Probably simple and clean with the ability to easily add on will be my goals for now. The major problem I have is that I'm still very actively collecting. I need to try to take that into consideration when building but it can be difficult to know how your collection will grow.

I think that's one problem with custom making a shelf when you're still collecting. It could be completely filled by the time you're done with it, and then what? XD

Working on a horror game collection. Missing most of the NES, SNES and PC stuff.

If anyone sees stuff that I'm missing, especially from 5th/PS1 generation onwards, hit me up, I'd appreciate it a lot.

Other sets that I like
Interesting collections you got there.

Off the top of my head, and looking at the collection of games you've collected, you could also consider Baroque into your collection as well. Quite a few platforms the game has been on though, so might be sort of a headache to track them all down, lol.

cj_iwakura

Other sets that I like

I love Deception, but I'm surprised you consider it horror. :p Not complaining, though. The first game definitely applies. The rest just go way past campy. Still great of course.

Also, you need more Silver Case and Flower, Sun, and Rain in that Suda setup. (Still, very nice.)

Interesting collections you got there.

Off the top of my head, and looking at the collection of games you've collected, you could also consider Baroque into your collection as well. Quite a few platforms the game has been on though, so might be sort of a headache to track them all down, lol.

Oh yea, I heard about that game a while back. I'll look into it, thanks pal.
I love Deception, but I'm surprised you consider it horror. :p Not complaining, though. The first game definitely applies. The rest just go way past campy. Still great of course.

Also, you need more Silver Case and Flower, Sun, and Rain in that Suda setup. (Still, very nice.)
Yea, Deception is cool, and I definitely need Flower, Sun and Rain.

I grabbed up Silver Case though, pretty hyped to play through it for the first time soon.

Top Bottom