• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Direct Nintendo Games 2013.1.23 - Jan. 23rd, 9 AM EST, 2 PM GMT, 11 PM JP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Mario, yes. Galaxy? Please no more. Let's do something different now.

Galaxy is basically 3D platforming perfected. So i'd be all for it if they decided to do another. But I don't expect them to. It's a new console, so I fully expect to see a different kind of 3D Mario.

uzit88

REALLY hope for a Zelda HD but you would think they would save that for E3 or something.

Gamecube games on Virtual Console would be AMAZing! :D

Mit-

Will talk about a bunch of games that we've known about for months.

Only new titles announced will be download titles that disappear when your Wii U is lost/stolen/dies, or stuff that no one cares about in the slightest.

Please surprise me Nintendo. It's not that hard, but I have very little hope.

My Shibata is ready.

Well, they will again talk about all these delayed Wii U games, but they really at least need one new significant announcement or game teaser to give some confidence after middling sales.

mclem

I'll throw a random hunch into the ring:

Way back in the last Nintendo Direct, there was talk of Luigi's Mansion, and a final cryptic comment implying that 2013 would be the year of Luigi, with more stuff for him.

So my suggestion: Super Luigi <something> or Paper Luigi.

Tan

Hm, wasn't Kamiya saying Bayonetta 2 was gonna show up in magazines this week?
I'm putting my bet on that showing up here too.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Surely this can't be a disappointment right? I mean, they scored the ball in Pokemon Direct and that PxZ announcement.

BowieZ

Banned
This will be one or two previously unannounced hardcore games to encourage the early adopters to jump in.

I'm guessing new Monolith Soft + Bayonetta 2 details + maybe Retro

And probably TVii, PanoramaView, Google Maps, Miiverse expansion, whatever is relevant new info for each region. EDIT: and Virtual Console!

Nintendo Directs aren't purely release dates, thankfully.
I bet there will be at least one title that we either didn't see before (hopefully along the lines of F-Zero) or that we know about but want more of (hopefully Bayonetta 2).

Also I'm pretty sure that we will see a handful of new eShop titles for both Wii U and 3DS.

Nintendo UK states clearly that new games will be announced. So it's definitely not just for release dates, and hopefully not just niche eShop games. I'm guessing Yoshi and Kirby get some love. It's been a while since they've had games.

Spain time, plz?

Edit: Is in the OP :p

Thanks Cheesy!!!

Also:

tom-baker-i-can-fap-to-this.gif

Murrah

Banned
I don't know why I even read these threads anymore, y'all are way too optimistic about cool shit popping off

Wii U VC is about the highest I'm willing to set my hype levels for

ffdgh

I don't know why I even read these threads anymore, y'all are way too optimistic about cool shit popping off

Wii U VC is about the highest I'm willing to set my hype levels for

Well they started the year with that unexpected pokemon xy reveal so I'll give them a chance .

LudwigB

Wasnt there that rumoured/leaked Yoshi platform game?
Im really hyped now. I may do a sickie tomorrow to watch it:)

Codeblue

The only people who leave disappointed are those that don't understand that most of this is hype for hypes sake. It's pretty much a parody of conference threads now.

REALLY hope for a Zelda HD but you would think they would save that for E3 or something.

Gamecube games on Virtual Console would be AMAZing! :D

If they show a 3D Mario this Nintendo Direct, you can almost bet your ass that they will show HD Zelda at E3.

I'll throw a random hunch into the ring:

Way back in the last Nintendo Direct, there was talk of Luigi's Mansion, and a final cryptic comment implying that 2013 would be the year of Luigi, with more stuff for him.

So my suggestion: Super Luigi <something> or Paper Luigi.

Oh yeah, totally forgot about this! MORE LUIGI PLZ!

Zenaku

Monolith Soft's New JRPG would make me shit my pants if they show it this soon but man I want to see this thing

I'm not gonna expect a reveal (I'd get too hyper just considering it) but since they mentioned Monolith Softs project in the last ND I'm at least hoping for a mention, even if it's just "we'll have more information in a few months".

In a perfect world they'd announce all the games they have in development and show any footage or beta footage they have, as they need to get people interested in the Wii U more, but who knows? With the ND being worldwide I wouldn't be surprised to see one new reveal, and can't imagine it just being updates on games already released or releasing soon.

DaBoss

Give Wii U some love. We've been having lots of 3DS surprises, now it's the Wii U's turn.
FgpPKiQ.png

Probably not, but hopefully something still equally awesome
Change it to Universe.:p I don't mind if we don't get a Galaxy-like game. What I've played so far in 3D Land is really good (albeit easy though).
I want this so bad. I replay Metroid Prime Trilogy once a year because the games are just soooo good.
My Shibata is ready.

Well, they will again talk about all these delayed Wii U games, but they really at least need one new significant announcement or game teaser to give some confidence after middling sales.
Funny how you were just talking about it in the other thread. Hopefully they do all the games we know about today and we have E3 and other Nintendo Directs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom