• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WAPO: Manafort offered to give Russians ‘private briefings’ on 2016 campaign

I'm not sure we'll ever get the cherry on top (the pee pee tape).

I don't understand the fascination with the pee tape. I know it means that most of the stuff in the Steele Dossier will be confirmed then, but this fascination that the tape is the be all end all is something that eludes me.

Allard

Forget the myths the media's created about the White House. The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand.​

The guy running the white house is one of the most narcissistic and vain people to hold office with a long history of getting sued and yet keeps doing shit. He has no concept of right and wrong in a community because in his mind even if its not 'lawful' its not 'wrong' if he does it and since he hasn't been put behind jail yet he keeps doing stuff. When that kind of person is at the head of everything you are more likely to attract other people who just don't seem to care if they get caught, because anyone that was slightly competent would take one look at the interior of the operation and get the fuck out of there.

He offered it just before the RNC, which is where the agenda for the party is set. An agenda that was oddly pro-Russian for the GOP.

d0qWZ.gif

Jetman

There's absolutely nothing about this on FOXNews so this must be #Fakenews

that's always the response I get when I argue with idiots on Facebook

Can we please just see some movement on all of this? This process is taking way too long, and I'd like to see some concrete,sweat-inducing results from all of this evidence.

Sephzilla

He offered it just before the RNC, which is where the agenda for the party is set. An agenda that was oddly pro-Russian for the GOP.

Yep, my biggest fear is that a sizable chunk of the GOP is involved - meaning nothing will ultimately happen to them since they control the government right now

I don't understand the fascination with the pee tape. I know it means that most of the stuff in the Steele Dossier will be confirmed then, but this fascination that the tape is the be all end all is something that eludes me.

Dude, it involves some combination of the president, prostitutes and pee... on video. What is there to not understand?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yep.

We've moved from drip-drip to the start of an avalanche.

I dunno about that. This feels more like they're turning the screws on Manafort and seeing what he gives them as a result.

The Pee Pee Tape is the ultimate comedy ending for all of this. Imagine this as the plot to a movie, wouldn't you be disappointed if you don't get it at the very end?

smurfx

get some go again
isn't it rumored that the prostitutes were underaged? or is that another charge?

Zolo

Yep, my biggest fear is that a sizable chunk of the GOP is involved - meaning nothing will ultimately happen to them since they control the government right now

I doubt it's that sizable. More than likely, a sizable chunk had reasonable suspicions, but not personally involved. I feel we would have seen more pushback against Russia sanctions in congress if this was the case.

I dunno about that. This feels more like they're turning the screws on Manafort and seeing what he gives them as a result.

The Pee Pee Tape is the ultimate comedy ending for all of this. Imagine this as the plot to a movie, wouldn't you be disappointed if you don't get it at the very end?

Describing it as a comedy ending makes sense, but it feels that many people on here see it as the smoking (leaking?) gun in this whole thing.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
It gives me an immense amount of joy to see that emails are what's really coming back to fuck these people over

Manafort has to be the dumbest mother this side of DT Jr.

His idiocy has opened so many productive doors for this investigation.

isn't it rumored that the prostitutes were underaged? or is that another charge?

Age of consent is 16 in Russia, he'd be R Kellying if they were underage there. Not that it matters, because sex scandals don't matter in the US. It's a sideshow.

LifEndz

Welp, I hope it was worth it. Better ask Donny to keep his pardon or its state fucking prison for you, Paul.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Describing it as a comedy ending makes sense, but it feels that many people on here see it as the smoking (leaking?) gun in this whole thing.

I mean, for the average person, if the most insane part of the dossier is real and they can see it then they'll be more likely to believe the rest of it is real. Logically this doesn't necessarily hold up, but it is what it is.

Personally I just think the Pee Pee Tape would be the perfect ending for all of this and it would bring me endless hours of laughter and/or disgust. I mean, it was teased so I'd feel bad if I never got it.

Is this smoking gun on collusion? If it isn't, then what is?

Not yet. We'd need to tie said Russian oligarchs to things that happened during the election to have a smoking gun. Prove Putin (or one of his Russian oligarch friends) had them change the GOP agenda to be more friendly to Russia, prove the Trump campaign knew about the hacking and that they helped time the release of information, basically stuff like that.

Dr.Acula

Banned
This seems bad.

But with how the GoP and right-wing media handles these revelations, it really seems like the standard of proof for collusion is impossibly high. I feel like the GoP and Fox would back Putin himself as POTUS.

Putin? Sure, he was born in Kansas.

Scirrocco

Financial crimes and collusion are complicated issues. Having sex with underage prostitutes is not and far more salacious . So it's an easier thing to point too and remember.

Financial crimes and collusion are complicated issues. Having sex with underage prostitutes is not and far more salacious . So it's an easier thing to point too and remember.

Where did the underage part come in? If it were that, I can understand it being a smoking gun. But I thought what we knew was it was just Trump watching two prostitutes pee on a bed.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

So? It’s not like they requested any weird last minute changes to the party platform and agenda.

kaskade

I can’t wait to see all the shit mueller brings up when this all goes down.

It’s going to be surreal seeing those notifications pop up on me phone.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Wait why would he flip? If Trump stays then Manafort gets a sweet presidential pardon.

Schniderman (the NY AG) is working with Mueller on Manafort's (and probably Trump's) money laundering in NY. Trump can't pardon state crimes, only federal.

So? It's not like they requested any weird last minute changes to the party platform and agenda.

There were actually a few odd pro-Russian changes in regards to things like the Ukraine situation that were reportedly made at Manafort's request.

Armaros

Schniderman (the NY AG) is working with Mueller on Manafort's (and probably Trump's) money laundering in NY. Trump can't pardon state crimes, only federal.

Also Trump can't touch Schniderman himself either. Since it's a State appointed Office

Top Bottom