• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Strain S4 |OT| ZaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAACH

Lorcain

Eichorst: {sinister smile} What are you going to do with that thing?
His eyes lower to the maltov cocktail Dutch is holding, which as a trained soldier from WW2 he would immediately recognize as a danger to his vulnerable vampire body.

Dutch: This!
She uses the taser to ignite the fabric (huh?) and throws the improvised weapon at Eichorst. Eichorst is momentarily stunned by the transformation of seemingly harmless and unrelated items into a deadly fire weapon. He is engulfed in flames.

His eyes lower to the maltov cocktail Dutch is holding, which as a trained soldier from WW2 he would immediately recognize as a danger to his vulnerable vampire body.

She uses the taser to ignite the fabric (huh?) and throws the improvised weapon at Eichorst. Eichorst is momentarily stunned by the transformation of seemingly harmless and unrelated items into a deadly fire weapon. He is engulfed in flames.

Dumb, Dumb!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

lmao

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Tainted Love

Fet and Quinlan have to figure out how to get the nuclear bomb back to New York, while a desperate Eichhorst draws near. Also: love-struck Zack tries to learn more about his new crush, but makes a devastating discovery.

New episode tonight!

Oh no...... What's going to happen?! Find out tonight on Dragon Ball Z: The Strain Saga!

I honestly don't know which show has kept me more entertained: Game of Thrones (when I don't even watch the show, like, at all and I only watch it when my older brother puts it on) or The Strain. Dragons and Zombies or Vampires and Zack shenanigans?

Shy

This Quinlin's crush subplot is pretty silly.
qr0dlZv.gif

............ The wut.......

My parents are trash and I am the cause of all of this, but since I want to bone you I won't tell you until the very last minute.

Fuck you Zack. Die in a raging pit of fire, get reborn, and then impaled by a million spikes made of Nth Metal, get frozen in a Vibranium casing, and thrown into a red sun.

Shit like this makes me want to switch to #teamwerewolf, but then I think about Alucard and Vampire Hunter D and go right back to #teamvampire!

Y'all I'm dying at Zack telling this chick why he's supposed to be her boyfriend. That's not how this works, Zack. That's not how any of this works, you fucking dumbass.

Edit: Oh fuck you, Zack. Piece of shit ass can't handle rejection.

Sir Doom

Well there goes my theory of redeemable Zack. Writers just doubled down on Asshole Zack
Eichhorst on a 50cal was a sight to see 😂

Haven't caught up with the latest episode yet but it's kinda crazy this is thing is more than halfway through the final season and it still feels like it's spinning it's wheels.

Like, I'm just stunned that Sertrakian hasn't done anything but lay in a bed offscreen the whole season, Fet/Quinlan just barely got a nuke, Eph is going around pulling what amounts to pranks on the master, etc.

The premiere wasn't that great with all the TV we have now but man, it's like night and day compared to what we get from this show on the regular. I thought this would deliver on a show in the vein of the Walking Dead pilot but also revealing the initial days of the outbreak and breakdown of society. Instead the show became the worst parts of the later seasons of the WD, scavenging/skirmishing zzzz.

When are we gonna bring these characters together again and get on with it? I just wanna see The Master and Zack get nuked from orbit already, I don't really care who makes it out of the finale outside of mainly Dutch and Gus since they've been through some shit and haven't been as annoying Eph has been at various points.

I say all of this as someone who watches this and cackles when Eichorst does stupid shit like not activate his speed force when a Molotov is thrown at his feet.

The strongest vampires, Quinlan and Eichorst, are supposed to be the best examples of the Strigoi, but it turns out that they aren't.

MildShock.gif

Kaizer

Banned
Haven't caught up with the latest episode yet but it's kinda crazy this is thing is more than halfway through the final season and it still feels like it's spinning it's wheels.

Like, I'm just stunned that Sertrakian hasn't done anything but lay in a bed offscreen the whole season, Fet/Quinlan just barely got a nuke, Eph is going around pulling what amounts to pranks on the master, etc.

The premiere wasn't that great with all the TV we have now but man, it's like night and day compared to what we get from this show on the regular. I thought this would deliver on a show in the vein of the Walking Dead pilot but also revealing the initial days of the outbreak and breakdown of society. Instead the show became the worst parts of the later seasons of the WD, scavenging/skirmishing zzzz.

When are we gonna bring these characters together again and get on with it? I just wanna see The Master and Zack get nuked from orbit already, I don't really care who makes it out of the finale outside of mainly Dutch and Gus since they've been through some shit and haven't been as annoying Eph has been at various points.

I say all of this as someone who watches this and cackles when Eichorst does stupid shit like not activate his speed force when a Molotov is thrown at his feet.

Completely agree with all of this, I know this is based off of a book series, so I'm not sure if all the characters were split up in the same way, but for a tv show's final season - it's a strange turn to take. It's like if Game of Thrones just decided to end at Season 3 or 4 suddenly.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
In 2006, del Toro pitched The Strain as a television series, but negotiations broke down when the network president at Fox Broadcasting Company asked him to make it a comedy. An agent suggested expanding the concept as a novel series instead.

After the first book's publication, studios and networks began making offers for the film and television adaptation rights, but del Toro and Hogan declined, not wanting a screen version to influence the way they were writing the books. After the third book's publication, the authors talked with every cable network that had expressed interest. FX was deemed most suitable because they wanted to follow the books closely and liked the idea of The Strain as a close-ended series consisting of three to five seasons.

hxSWa0u.png

Top Bottom