• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brand New Announce Fifth Album out in October

groansey

Album is growing on me immensely. Every playthrough I'm digging a different song and already feel like this is a contender for their best album.

Would love it if we get more music from them next year as a final hurrah, but if this is all, it's a damn good send-off.

ohkay

As someone who has been a huge Brand New fan since the early days when they were playing VFW halls and selling their demo burned on a CD-R, this album feels like a fitting conclusion if it's how they choose to end everything

Capra

Been listening to this all weekend. I feel like this is going to end up being my favorite Brand New album by a considerable margin.

Futureman

I don't think I've listened to BN since Deja Entendu but I'll have to give it a spin since everyone in here is FLIPPING out.

so they said they are finished after touring for this album?

I wish there was another song approaching the BPM of Mene. but we still have Mene. to the guy who asked, out of range is one of their great songs, lyrically.

I still have a feeling that Brand New is going to drop either more new music next year or pull a Frank Ocean at some point. There is no way we can't get a studio version of Sealed to Me. At least put it out as a single or something.

Media

I haven't listened to Brand New before but woah this album is good

Dear God Man get Deja Entendu and God and Devil

In my excitement over finally getting the new album I double posted ugh.

I now have a shuffle going off all my Brand New song and Jesus Christ just came on help.

Hold me Blamespace

Media

Some die looking for a hand to hold
xUsAjME.gif

Some get sick and don't get cured

Media

Like every chance to leave is a chance I never took.
Every minute is a mile
I've Never felt so hollow
I'm an old abandoned church with broken pews and empty isles

Servbot24

Banned
Dear God Man get Deja Entendu and God and Devil

In my excitement over finally getting the new album I double posted ugh.

I now have a shuffle going off all my Brand New song and Jesus Christ just came on help.

Hold me Blamespace

I forgot I actually had listened to D&G. At the time I wasn't into it but that was forever ago. I'm listening to it again now and it's great!

I actually remember looking at the cover back in the day and for some reason thinking it was going to be a metal album and then just being disappointed that it wasn't, lol

Media

I forgot I actually had listened to D&G. At the time I wasn't into it but that was forever ago. I'm listening to it again now and it's great!

I actually remember looking at the cover back in the day and for some reason thinking it was going to be a metal album and then just being disappointed that it wasn't, lol

Jesus Christ is such a good song, tell me what you think of it. My all time favorite is one everyone else dislikes though: Play Crack the Sky on Deja

Hell it's my favorite song period. The metaphors! My heart! Ughhhhhhhh

Servbot24

Banned
Jesus Christ is such a good song, tell me what you think of it. My all time favorite is one everyone else dislikes though: Play Crack the Sky on Deja

Yeah Jesus was really a standout. Though it doesn't seem like there are any misses

Media

I'm still stuck on blame space choosing the fuckin' record art tbh

If I'm being honest I can listen to YFW front to back and love it

can't say the same for Daisy

Logan to Government Center is really fuckin' good too

No Seatbelt Song too omg this album is good y'all

Yeah I really didn't like Dasiy as much. I think simply because Jesse took a step back and it's the powerful wordsmithing of Jesse Lacey that I fell deeply in love with.

After 10 or so spins, IT IS DECIDED:

Never Be Heaven is the weakest track

Lit Me Up, Waste, 451 and Batter Up are the strongest

I rank this album just barely above Daisy, and just barely below Devil and Deja.

remz

For real? I thought that song was like fan fav territory, I had no idea.

When I saw them in Melbourne Jesse played it solo with Kev Devine coming in to do harmonies, only problem is when kevin D walked on stage he tripped over a guitar cable and unplugged/ruined the cable, lol. It was still an awesome performance.

play crack the sky is my wonderwall. I play it on any guitar I get my hands on.
it's so great to hear vin Actually Fucking Shred on this album.
never had a chance to break apart hard for them to see. in the water is so good. god. GOD! 😫

ohkay

who's ready to argue the merit of your favorite weapon?
It had a place in my life at the time it was released, and I still enjoy it and get those nostalgic feelings of teenage angst whenever I listen to it.

That being said, I'm glad Brand New grew up along with me and my musical tastes

so don't apologize/I hope you choke and die is legitimately a good line. there's this live version of soco that will make your skin crawl.

I'm going to stop after this one. and never sign in again. but.

when I grow up, I want to be a heretic.

that's a good ass line. and ❤️ the NIN vibes on out of mana.

Dead

well not really...yet
"It's never going to stop"

The final song is god damn incredible.

I remember listening to Deja Entendu back in Senior year of HS. To think it's come to this album 14 years later, amazing.

I know it was mentioned earlier, A Black Mile to the Surface is definitely a fantastic record...feels like a great companion piece to this album in terms of how it hit me, but this is definitely striking more of a chord with me considering how long Ive known the band, and how intrinsically D&G is tied into some memories and emotions of mine...

Well I've never even listened to these however I know there's that album with the kid and someone dressed up in a scream mask?

Anyway downloaded all there music onto my iPhone and will give them a listen!

Media

play crack the sky is my wonderwall. I play it on any guitar I get my hands on.
it's so great to hear vin Actually Fucking Shred on this album.
never had a chance to break apart hard for them to see. in the water is so good. god. GOD! 😫

God I wish I'd gotten to see them live. Jealous.

I need to learn guitar so I play it and sing it at the same time.

But this ain't the Dakota, and the waters (so) cold....won't have to fight for long.

Also this verse from Get it Out is fucking amazing.

I thought I was a creator
I'm here just hanging around
Got my messiah impression
I think I got it nailed down

Top Bottom