• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Echo Dot was showing for free on Amazon Prime

Almost assuredly will be cancelled. In these cases though, when a mistake like this happens, do they run your credit card to charge the correct amount?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Ordered. Let's see what happens.

Davey Cakes

I went for it. Rushed the order so I ended up with white instead of black. Not that it really matters.

We'll see if they hold to it.

EDIT: Apparently black sold out?

jmizzal

I dont have prime and its shows up for $6.98 lol so I only have to pay taxes nvm didnt pick free shipping but its dead now

TO EVERYONE ASKING WHAT YOU JUST ORDERED:

It's a small puck powered by an AC - MicroUSB adapter that is essentially an audio assistant. You can ask Alexa to:

Play music
Order things from Amazon
Tell you the news
Tell you the weather
Use 'Alexa Skills' (varied)
Set timers (this is what I use it for the most)

You can connect a Bluetooth speaker to it if you need louder sound, but it works OK by itself. I have two in my apartment to play music

Dynomutt

All done...

We're sorry. The item Echo Dot (2nd Generation) - Black is no longer available from the seller you selected. To see if it's available from another seller, click here to return to the item's product detail page.

DEO3

I was able to order one, but when I went back to see if I could order another I'm now getting a 'this item it no longer available from this seller' message.

JettDash

I don't want to be greedy but it seems they will let you order as many as you want.

I guess I will limit to three and see what happens.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Died while I was checking out.

Was gonna give it to my sister for her birthday but I think she already has one.

n9T5i7T.gif

The fact that it lets you use the credit multiple times assures that these will get cancelled. I could maybe see them honoring if you could just do one.

bounchfx

"We're sorry. The item Echo Dot (2nd Generation) - White is no longer available from the seller you selected. To see if it's available from another seller, click here to return to the item's product detail page."

damn, once i saw people were getting one of each color I went back to get white, oh well

JettDash

I remember there was some deal with Samsung for a TV for $100. I ordered one. They canceled it, but also gave me $50.

Hopefully it will be similar with this.

jmizzal

As soon as I got my order in it went dead, it wasnt only for prime so I didnt go to checkout until the last min thinking it wouldnt work :(

Top Bottom