• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 5 |OT| Bucket's Creamy Goo

LOL at you guys picking the Eagles over the Steelers.

They are coming off the bye, better coaching staff, better QB, and Mendenhall might be back. Not that he is amazing or better than McCoy but we all know Reid is going to reverse course and "save" McCoy for the week following.

Though if somehow Eagles manage another win, the next opponent is DET. You can air it all out against them Andy!

I don't know, the Steeler D is pretty bad at the moment. It's in the Burg and Tomlin is 4-1 after byes, so there is that. But I hate the thought of Timmons and Foote trying to stop McCoy. Timmons just about always takes bad angles and Foote is just slow. I hope the bad Vick shows up, that's probably their best chance.

verbum

turnover.jpg

5 per box?

Cagey

Banned
I don't know, the Steeler D is pretty bad at the moment. It's in the Burg and Tomlin is 4-1 after byes, so there is that. But I hate the thought of Timmons and Foote trying to stop McCoy. Timmons just about always takes bad angles and Foote is just slow. I hope the bad Vick shows up, that's probably their best chance.

Andy Reid only commits to running the football against the NY Giants. Chuck-and-duck will be on display this weekend against the Steelers. True story.

Narag

I only hope kolb falters for the well being of nfl-age. We will all suffer under Yankees tyrannical rule of this thread if kolb is a success :(

If you can offer a new age free of discrimination for those of non-fat QB heritage and possibly limit yearly Packer fan immigration to the thread, I'll vote for the Niners in this upcoming Super Bowl.

Levyne

Banned
THURSDAY OCT 4TH
ARI @ STL - Cardinals continue to win

SUNDAY OCT 7TH
PHI @ PIT - I trust Ben more than vick.
GB @ IND- Pack puts up 6 touchdowns
CLE @ NYG -Playing against the Browns is good medicine
ATL @ WAS - Tough choice. I guess I may as well root for the Falcons to see how fast they can tie up the division.
MIA @ CIN - Overtime loss for Miami, maybe?
BAL @ KC -KC gets shut out.

SEA @ CAR -Seattle has not looked good at all, imo.
CHI @ JAC - Actually picking the Bears, for once.
DEN @ NE - Close game but Brady gets the better of Manning
BUF @ SF - Not close
TEN @ MIN -Upset special

SD @ NO - Brees breaks record, wins game.

MONDAY OCT 8TH
HOU @ NYJ -Blowout

I will probably get RE6 at some point just because couch co-ops makes even the most terrible games 500% funner.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
THURSDAY OCT 4TH
ARI @ STL

SUNDAY OCT 7TH
PHI @ PIT
GB @ IND
CLE @ NYG
ATL @ WAS
MIA @ CIN
BAL @ KC

SEA @ CAR
CHI @ JAC
DEN @ NE
BUF @ SF
TEN @ MIN

SD @ NO

MONDAY OCT 8TH
HOU @ NYJ

Last Week
9-6

Overall
38-15

Smokey

The only way I could see the Texans losing is if they are looking ahead to the following week against Green Bay.

This place will be unbearable if they lose.

Milchjon

Let us also remember the most important .gif of week 4:

original.gif

And I'm finally reading Matt Birk's piece on marriage. Suddenly, without explanation, this paragraph:

Same-sex unions may not affect my marriage specifically, but it will affect my children -- the next generation. Ideas have consequences, and laws shape culture. Marriage redefinition will affect the broader well-being of children and the welfare of society. As a Christian and a citizen, I am compelled to care about both.

What is he even talking about? He doesn't give examples of these consequences, only vaguely talking about a better environment for kids with mom and dad. Hrrrm, off to read Kluwe's answer.

GQman2121

Banned
I think that's the best OP yet. I mean seriously, they just keep getting better and better. Way to go Bucket :)

I usually don't play demos. But I guess now I can can lower my choices to BL2: FIFA or NHL 13

Why would you not want to try before you buy? Unless you get games for free, not playing a demo makes no sense to me. :shrug

And I'm finally reading Matt Birk's piece on marriage. Suddenly, without explanation, this paragraph:

What is he even talking about? He doesn't give examples of these consequences, only vaguely talking about a better environment for kids with mom and dad. Hrrrm, off to read Kluwe's answer.

He's a fucking idiot. I'm ashamed that he lives in the same city that I do and plays for a team that I support. Luckily, he's 36 and will either breakdown before the end of the year or will retire once it's over. We drafted his replacement already, so we're good either way.

squicken

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/38624/4th-and-short-a-tale-of-two-quarterbacks

I noticed this during the game. The Rams didn't rush their DTs. They just read Wilson and got the hands up. He couldn't see and started rolling out a lot to try and throw. And he ALWAYS rolls right

. The third-down play actually produces an open receiver very quickly, as Doug Baldwin lines up in the slot and runs an option route against zone coverage before settling in a hole. For a veteran quarterback who can proceed through his reads quickly, it's an easy checkdown for a first down; for Wilson, though, that's not the case, because he actually can't get a good throwing lane to Baldwin. That throwing lane is clogged by defensive lineman Eugene Sims, who doesn't actually rush the passer but instead sticks around at the line of scrimmage to try to get in Wilson's line of sight. A quarterback with prototypical height and a higher release point would probably have been able to throw the ball over Sims and pick up the first down, but because Wilson can't generate that angle inside the pocket, he has to take a step or two to the left to create a throwing lane to Baldwin. Because Wilson does that, the Rams have enough time to descend on Baldwin, who hears footsteps and lets the pass go through his hands and into the arms of Trumaine Johnson. The ball is slightly behind Baldwin, but it's a catchable pass.

which doesn't really work with the conclusion

For me, it's hard to imagine how the Seahawks could see how Wilson played on those three picks and order for him to be replaced. Drill him to get the ball out quicker against big blitzes, give him a few more plays with designed motion out of the pocket to create new throwing lanes, and hope that he forgets every mistake by the time he's back at practice on Monday, but Wilson didn't do anywhere near enough to earn a benching on Sunday.

Everyone will do what STL did. And roll outs won't work. On obvious passing downs the Rams took out Long (who refused to keep contain and kept letting Wilson scramble right) and rushed 3 DLs. They used the slot corner to Wilson's right to spy him and kept him in the pocket. QB play/play calling whatever you want to call it, what cost SEA the game was when they dropped back to pass instead of running

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/38624/4th-and-short-a-tale-of-two-quarterbacks

I noticed this during the game. The Rams didn't rush their DTs. They just read Wilson and got the hands up. He couldn't see and started rolling out a lot to try and throw. And he ALWAYS rolls right

Everyone will do what STL did. And roll outs won't work. On obvious passing downs the Rams took out Long (who refused to keep contain and kept letting Wilson scramble right) and rushed 3 DLs. They used the slot corner to Wilson's right to spy him and kept him in the pocket. QB play/play calling whatever you want to call it, what cost SEA the game was when they dropped back to pass instead of running

But height doesn't matter! Don't you see that!

What's wrong with the game?

I'm only going by the public demo from a few weeks back, but the mechanics are pretty bad. Shooting enemies isn't satisfying and I personally actively hated Chris' part, which I'm actually hearing is an improvement over Leon's campaign.

The review thread for the game brings laughs.

THURSDAY OCT 4TH
ARI @ STL [Even though AZ's offense isn't spectacular bar Fitzgerald, I still think they'll perform better than the Lambs]

SUNDAY OCT 7TH
PHI @ PIT
GB @ IND [Don't think Rodgers will have a problem with this defense]
CLE @ NYG
ATL @ WAS [I'm picking Washington for the upset.]
MIA @ CIN
BAL @ KC [Cassel will probably be benched in this game.]

SEA @ CAR
CHI @ JAC [Angry Jay will probably have no issues against the Jags.]
DEN @ NE [Somewhere deep inside, I think Denver will pull through.]
BUF @ SF [lol]
TEN @ MIN

SD @ NO [Phillip Rivers is going to shred the defense. The only way the Saints will win is if Bree's outduels Rivers.]

MONDAY OCT 8TH
HOU @ NYJ [This will be a bloodbath.]

Rorschach

What is he even talking about? He doesn't give examples of these consequences, only vaguely talking about a better environment for kids with mom and dad.

Does the Apocalypse ring a bell? That affects us all. Plus, who wants to see guys fucking on the street? Not me. The only place you should see that is in your laptop, behind closed doors which you make sure to lock so your wife doesn't barge in and ruin your stroke.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41265916&postcount=12336

THURSDAY OCT 4TH
ARI @ STL

SUNDAY OCT 7TH
PHI @ PIT
GB @ IND
CLE @ NYG
ATL @ WAS
MIA @ CIN
BAL @ KC

SEA @ CAR
CHI @ JAC