• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 SUPER LEAK DAY - Miitoos, ActivisLOL, Lips, Conker se--j/klol, Forza 3

Dever

Banned
Liara T'Soni said:
I actually like how these look...but are they too real for the audience they are going after to take note (If, for some odd reason, Microsoft even had a chance to attract that audience, which they don't, but lets not get into that).

I think that the success of the Mii's relies heavily on how cartoony they are.

Edit : Not to say that these look real. But, I mean, the way their arms are attached to their bodies and shit. They have hands.

I don't really have a problem with them either... It's just that they're such a blatant rip-off of Mii's that would never have seen the light of day if it weren't for Wii selling like
free
hotcakes. :/ They could've used the time and effort to make something more interesting and original instead of these Miitoos.

GhaleonEB

:lol

So instead of gamerpics, we get 3d avatars. Neat. But they currently charge for those stupid gamerpics. Can't wait to see how much this stuff costs.

Hat Pack: 400 MS Points
Shoe Pack: 400 MS Points
Mustache Set: 800 MS Points

Busty

Banned
GenericPseudonym said:
Maybe, they'll turn the dasboard into like a house or area and your avatar will walk there and access stuff, turning the dashboard into a mini-Home (maybe they'll even try to copy Home and make it online).

*shudders*

godhandiscen said:
Hopefully the dashboard remains the same. Fast and simple.

nofi

I Don't get it:

Avatars for use by new 360 owners this Spring.

Existing 360 owners use them this Holiday.

Space/Time. Confused.

Walshicus

Honestly, I thought the Miis were the best thing Nintendo did with the Wii. As long as this doesn't get intrusive, and doesn't screw around with dashboard load times, I can't see it being too bad. I'd have preferred a unified format for a more realistic avatar though - use the camera attachment to create a photo-realistic face that can be used across multiple titles. That would have been cool.

Ramenman

Dever said:

Awesome.

We also learned that Rare experimented with a wand type input device for gesture recognition (think Wii controls), but seems to have scrapped the idea for The Fast & The Furriest due to technology problems. It's possible we'll be seeing a special gesture controller, but not from Rare.

Totally forgot about this.

Okay now Photo Channel complete with puzzles, graffiti and stuff... And don't forget the pointer, of course.

I got hyped for E3 in only two days, MS and Sony's answer to the Wii success that seems more strong than what I had thought + the reactions we'll see on GAF are going to be so fucking awesome.

Busty

Banned
juicyfruitas said:
oh lordie...I pray that this isn't one of microsoft's 'aces up their sleeve,' in regards to E3 surprise announcements.

I'm sure it's not.

And by not, I do of course mean it almost certainly is.

McBradders said:
How will these work without a HDD?

Stored online perhaps or small enough to fit on a memory card?

that actually looks cool. if they can expand on the Mii's I dont see the problem. If they start charging for shorts and shirts then ok.

Sir Fragula said:
Honestly, I thought the Miis were the best thing Nintendo did with the Wii. As long as this doesn't get intrusive, and doesn't screw around with dashboard load times, I can't see it being too bad.

I love Miis as well, I'm more than happy to see similar features appear on other platforms.

nofi

whitehawk said:
So it's an XNA Concept that someone printed out, took a picture and then the internet did it's thing?

Yup.

Just a concept, that appears to be up for discussion as one of several concepts on a marketing site.

It'll be huge in the morning.

Yeah, because it's cool when Sony copies off of Miis / Second Life, but if Microsoft does it, "boooo!"

I think this is ridiculous, but I also think Home is ridiculous. This is not called for, and I like my gamer pic. We don't know what these will do, so I'll reserve judgement, but I'm disappointed in the route Microsoft seems to be taking.

jaypah said:
link? source?

so.......is this going to be a part of "XBOX Live: HOUSE"? me thinks that if true these little guys need someplace to run around in. hell, why not allow you to make some cool game environment levels to have them run around in? yeah, and all the users could share these levels with each other. "XBOX Live: LittleBigHouse"...........catchy.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
clashfan said:
Oh ok, I didn't realize Nintendo invented virtual avatars...

Don't be a dick. Miis are beyond just virtual avatars in my mind. They're integrated into the console experience, that's a first. Now, I'm not screaming "THEY'RE REVOLUTIONARY!!!!!!" But, they were the first in the console space to do that... that's leading the pack and not aping like Microsoft seems to be doing.

Z_Y

Dever said:
I don't really have a problem with them either... It's just that they're such a blatant rip-off of Mii's that would never have seen the light of day if it weren't for Wii selling like
free
hotcakes. :/ They could've used the time and effort to make something more interesting and original instead of these Miitoos.

Perfect! :lol

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
MMaRsu said:
Haven't been on GAF 1 day so I may have missed this but umm..

Wtf is this?
75564.jpg

-edit0

yeah link : http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/06/15/rumor-avatars-are-microsoft-take-on-miis/
I would have believed it if they gave you the option instead of replacing your gamerpic outright. XBL members would riot if their angsty avs were replaced by cutesy ones.

Nif

El_TigroX said:
Don't be a dick. Miis are beyond just virtual avatars in my mind. They're integrated into the console experience, that's a first. Now, I'm not screaming "THEY'RE REVOLUTIONARY!!!!!!" But, they were the first in the console space to do that... that's leading the pack and not aping like Microsoft seems to be doing.

You can't expect them all to be completely original, though. They all play videogames on your television, and none were the first to do that. Wii took the online marketplace, Sony took waggle and achievements, 360 is supposedly taking waggle and miis. As long as they're all progressing, who really cares? :D

SapientWolf said:
I would have believed it if they gave you the option instead of replacing your gamerpic outright. XBL members would riot if their angsty avs were replaced by cutesy ones.

Make angsty aves too. They'd make a killing on Spartans, COGS, Ryu's, Crackdown Agents and any other first party or third party skins they could get.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
MS have the leaks under control!

There's nothing to worry abou..*gargle* about

Don't *gargle* panic! Stay in your *gargle* seats

X_X

harSon

Banned
I typically don't like for companies to blatantly copy but those avatars look pretty bad ass. If they're customizable and simply not pre made then I'd welcome them with open arms.

Dever

Banned
jonnybryce said:
Yeah, because it's cool when Sony copies off of Miis / Second Life, but if Microsoft does it, "boooo!"

I think this is ridiculous, but I also think Home is ridiculous. This is not called for, and I like my gamer pic. We don't know what these will do, so I'll reserve judgement, but I'm disappointed in the route Microsoft seems to be taking.

Second Life, maybe, but Sony probably started working on Home before Miis were even announced, or at least long before anyone could have predicted the HD consoles taking it up the ass this badly. :p

On the other hand, these Avatars were clearly made to imitate the Wii's success. They look fine, but I don't see the point.

Hey, at least there's now zero doubt that MS(Along with Sony) will be announcing their wagglewand at E3!

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
In all seriousness, Miis are a good idea but completely underutilised by Nintendo so I think it will be interesting to see where MS take it. Odds are good that they will completely miss the point and charge for it.

kassatsu

Banned
whitehawk said:
How did you get through?
You dont need a pass.

just omit the ?OpenDocument&login part of the url.

Forza 3 collectors edition could entitle the user to all future DLC for free

batbeg

kassatsu said:
You dont need a pass.

Then click the MARE-7F9TL4.swf thing

http://management.intellisponse.com/imgfiles.nsf/0/2f6e79e6a7726a3f8525745d0077d5d1/$FILE/MARE-7F9TL4.swf

Forza 3 collectors edition entitles the user to all future DLC for free

Cool. I copy and paste it and it turns into "Copying this information is in violation of your Legally Binding Agreement of Non-Disclosure."

Edit: Must be because I pasted it into the window already. Weird.

whitehawk

Banned
kassatsu said:
You dont need a pass.

Then click the MARE-7F9TL4.swf thing

http://management.intellisponse.com/imgfiles.nsf/0/2f6e79e6a7726a3f8525745d0077d5d1/$FILE/MARE-7F9TL4.swf

Forza 3 collectors edition could entitle the user to all future DLC for free
Wow, what an amazing security system :lol

jaypah

jonnybryce said:

what the fuck are you talking about? i don't care if Jesus comes down and makes mario kart with hand puppets. if it's entertaining i'll pay for it. i don't love these companies, maybe you do. if MS finds a way to ape LBP, HOME and Miis at the same time i'm there day one. get off my dick with that dumb shit.

Ariexv

While I think the whole home idea is kinda dumb, would be insanely entertaining to see the internet explode if MS released House before Sony released Home.

Top Bottom