• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

List of Games on Display in Sony's GDC Both

BigDug13

Yeah, but my goodness that's an ambitious game to bring to a portable like Vita. I'm hoping for the best but expecting it to be quite bad.

Vita has more RAM than PS3 and 360 so that's not an issue. Yeah it struggles with some open world stuff, but the art style of Borderlands seems like a good fit for toning down the graphics to get performance up without making it look like crap graphically unlike other more realistic art styles.

Poor Benny has cast his line out into the water and nothing bit, and GE had to see there watching Sniper pull in a fish over and over

Give me Helldiver's SCEA

ShinMaruku

infamous aside, that lineup is pathetic

I did not buy a PS4 to play indie games

If you can looking at this for hype you will be dissapointed. And this is a good thing I am no fan of pure hype the New York Knicks have hype and they are shit.

What you should be looking for if you want big game info is what some of these people are saying systems wise you can get some big hints of where games are going by looking at some good talks. But if you want big games, wait til May.

Mikey Jr.

Lets say triple AAA games are an apple.

We have a few apples.

Then the vendor displays some grapes (indies) alongside the apples.

"Fuck those grapes. I didn't come down here and pay for this apple to see grapes. Fuck you fruit merchant!"

You'll still get your apples. Your apples aren't going anywhere. But they have to be grown. Wouldn't you like to eat some grapes while you wait for your apples?

v1lla21

Galak-Z pl0x. Kthxbai. Galak-Z pl0x. Kthxbai. Galak-Z pl0x. Kthxbai. Galak-Z pl0x. Kthxbai. Galak-Z pl0x. Kthxbai. Galak-Z pl0x. Kthxbai. Galak-Z pl0x. Kthxbai. Galak-Z pl0x. Kthxbai.

You'll still get your apples. Your apples aren't going anywhere. But they have to be grown. Wouldn't you like to eat some grapes while you wait for your apples?
that depends, are they seedless?

JoshHood

I assume the thing about Polytron doing Rogue Legacy PS4 is a typo, as far as I know it wasn't even them who brought Fez to PlayStation (think it was Blitworks?).

kiguel182

Shame they are not showing Planetside 2, I really want some news on it.

The rest of the lineup seems good, Child Of Light looks promising.

Triple U

Banned
I can't tell who's trolling or not these days but I will say, if there was ever a venue to showcase indie games, it would be GDC.

GRaider81

Bit dissapointing to see other member's talking about indie games as if its a dirty word.

Does it matter who made/published it if its a good game?

As others have mentioned they are great fillers inbetween the AAA releases.

Try them you might just like them.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
Vita has more RAM than PS3 and 360 so that's not an issue. Yeah it struggles with some open world stuff, but the art style of Borderlands seems like a good fit for toning down the graphics to get performance up without making it look like crap graphically unlike other more realistic art styles.

Looking at KZ, even though it's not open world, they should manage it if they give it enough love and attention. Exactly the type of game vita needs even if it is a late port.

Shin-Ra

I'm not talking about this list in particular. More in general. PS4 PC ports get me less excited than even PSV PC stuff.
i8XsNDzpLsEl6.gif

Keep digging.

SiRatul

I was hoping to hear a bit more about Shadow of the Beast. Weird that there has been no new info on this and Rime for such a long time.

geordiemp

If they are announcing VR to the world and say showing Driveclub VR (hope) then why would they list it as a game in a booth...

Does not mean anything ?

You are going to hate this new generation then. Games are polarizing now. The middle tier game is gone. Get ready for a handful of AAA franchises and a ton of indies.
Indie games are the new mid tier. Mid tier was always the smallest bunch of games when they were around, and indie games fill the same niche.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I hope this isn't the full list.

Given that the majority of the conference attendees aren't spending thousands of dollars to play games on the expo floor, the heavy indie developer presence, and the annual Independent Games Festival that's been going on at GDC for over 15 years, why would it be a larger list?

Lock if old or redundant

PlayStation Website

These games will be on display in our booth

Counterspy ( SCEA ) PS3™
Infamous Second Son (SCEA) PS4™
Helldivers (SCEA) PS4™
Hohokum (SCEA) PS4™
Child of Light (Ubisoft) PS4™
GALAK-Z (17-Bit) PS4™
N++ (Metanet Software) PS4™
Rogue Legacy (Polytron) PS4™
Sportsfriends (Die Gute Fabrik) PS4™
Towerfall Ascension (Matt Makes Games) PS4™
Borderlands 2 (Iron Galaxy) VITA
Luftrausers (Devolver Digital) VITA
Race the Sun (Flippfly) VITA
Steamworld Dig (Image & Form) VITA
Super Exploding Zoo (Honeyslug) VITA

What the hell?

Rogue Legacy is Cellar Door, not Polytron, Polytron is Phil Fish.

v1lla21

The good ones are. Galak-Z is definitely a seedless grape.
Alright, alright, alright!
I'm happy we are getting games, I don't care if they are indies or not. If it meant releasing the PS4 to get all these games that weren't going to be on the ps3 then I'm extremely happy that I bought a PS4 sooner rather than later.

So basically the Sony booth is an indie booth.

It appears so, which I love. I have been very happy with my Indie games so far on PS4, and I love supporting them when they make something I find intriguing.

However, FamousMort said that Xbox was supposed to have a huge Indie Presence at GDC. I really have a hard time thinking it could be much bigger than this.

Top Bottom