• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

Religion: get that cockstiff dead thing away from me.
My granny nearly damn broke my ass after I told her that as a kid.
These days I basically don't care. I have other things to worry about and only voice my opinion when assholes are trying to use religion to fuck someone instead of bettering themselves. I'm kinda hoarse these days tho -.-

Did you have such a relation prior to this? That you actually hung out and talked shit? If not he wants something from you.

Nah. Thats just a defense mechanism I do so if its not what I expected I don't end up too disappointed.

Mornin' all. What's the tally on knee takers so far today?

This smells like he's looking to poach you, but who knows? Maybe he's just looking for a little counseling for a problem.

Mannn it was just this week I came to the conclusion that the bullshit I deal with at work outweighs the pros that I experience. Mainly Hours and Pay. My days start of from 7am and dont end til 630pm Monday to Friday. With the expectation that Ill work every other Saturday for 3 hours.

Since getting promoted to management I went on Salary and I've lost my overtime pay (which at this point means that I doubled up on responsibilities but somehow make less Money) and it's kind of expected that I work through my lunch break or not take a lunch at all.

Ill leave for the same pay + less hours.

I'm a practicing Christian, and nothing boils my blood like seeing rich pastors prey on their flocks for cash. Jesus explicitly says not to take money from people as a minister because he gave truth to them for free, but peeps just pick and choose what they want.

Yeah. My mother is a devoted Christian and she complains about that all the time — she dislikes it.

Malyse

I wish Journey style MMO's were a thing. Like an MMO where the world is as big as Breath of the Wild and you run into other players about as often as you do NPCs.

Also, I would like a game that fought like Kingdom Hearts and had BOTW's traversal system.

Beefy

I may be wrong but my understanding was they weren't with unity, if a few of them wanted to stand and dinner wanted to know then they would stay in the locker room.

Head couch came out and said why they were not coming out to the anthem. He said it was because they didn't want to get involved with politics.

Numb

i should order some pineapple pizza

tenor.gif

Numb

Sounds dope. I've never had a kebab pizza before. Been in these savage lands for too long.

ew.

My dude!
Kebab is dope. It's basically in every restaurant here. People love it

I put kebab, fish, and meat sauce on it
Tried different combos of meat but that seems to be the ones with the most affinity together.
They unfortunately don't have nuggets as option

D i Z

Kebab is dope. It's basically in every restaurant here. People love it

I put kebab, fish, and meat sauce on it
Tried different combos of meat but that seems to be the ones with the most affinity together.
They unfortunately don't have nuggets as option

I've had kebab. I'm not backwards! Just never had it on a pizza.

First thing I do when I venture a little north to my old stomping grounds is get a good Kebab. Whenever I head about to England, that shit is on the only list that matters.

andthebeatgoeson

Question ya'll....last year I had a case at work escalated to me because someone wasn't taking care of what the company deemed a VIP client.

I spoke with him rectify his situation and he said I should consider working for his company. We exchanged contact info and spoke briefly over the phone but nothing seemed to come from it. His schedule seemed like it just wouldn't open up.

Fast forward a year later and he hits me up on LinkedIn trying to arrange a coffee sitdown for next week.

Anyone been in this position before? What should I expect? Is it possible he just wants to meet up and talk about Basketball or could there be an opportunity here?

Wonder why he waited? Always remember people are human but you should get some info on his 'company'. I've seen enough business owners to know a good percentage are shit and get by because the business generates enough. It's a Trump situation. Enough resources to survive but a true evaluation shows they could have done much better if they were competent.

If the company is run well, makes money, has great references, etc, why not? It's just coffee.

FYI, a lot of raises happen because you move to a new job. Unless your job is increasing your wages, data shows you have to leave to get a boost. I say, go for it.

A lot of people get jobs based off 'different' circumstances. For you, it was going above and beyond for a client. And if you haven't interacted with him officially, in awhile, you have some cover.

andthebeatgoeson

If anything, I'm glad the NFL is moving more away from shutting things down and towards discussion. Part of that is Trump making a mess. Some reporter talked about how the protests were dead a few weeks ago. Trump was like, hold my beer.

And you have guys like this:
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20802695/derek-wolfe-denver-broncos-protests-worse-places-us

"I stand because I respect the men who died in real battles so I have the freedom to battle on the field. Paying tribute to the men and women who have given their lives for our freedom is why I stand. But everyone these days likes to find a reason to protest and that's their right. It's America and you are free to speak your mind. I just feel it's disrespectful to the ones who sacrificed their lives and it's the wrong platform. But like I said to each their own it's AMERICA! The greatest country in the world and if you don't think we are the greatest country in the world and you reside here, then why do you stay? A lot worse places in the world to call home. Proud to be an American.''

There you have it. In a room with a ton of black people but he believes we 'like to find a reason to protest.'

Nigga. We are protesting because of conditions. Terrible conditions.

It's shit like this that keeps people protesting. Fuck this guy.

D i Z

If anything, I'm glad the NFL is moving more away from shutting things down and towards discussion. Part of that is Trump making a mess. Some reporter talked about how the protests were dead a few weeks ago. Trump was like, hold my beer.

And you have guys like this:
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20802695/derek-wolfe-denver-broncos-protests-worse-places-us

There you have it. In a room with a ton of black people but he believes we 'like to find a reason to protest.'

Nigga. We are protesting because of conditions. Terrible conditions.

It's shit like this that keeps people protesting. Fuck this guy.

When the gov't reached out and made football a political rallying point for America be including that anthem in front of every game and sporting event, it was over. Generations of weekend patriots see this shit as gospel now.

Numb

I've had kebab. I'm not backwards! Just never had it on a pizza.

First thing I do when I venture a little north to my old stomping grounds is get a good Kebab. Whenever I head about to England, that shit is on the only list that matters.

and now list has one on pizza

It's not like i watched either of those things with any kind of interest. They might have been on from time to time, but I wasn't really looking. Would have been kind of cool if it was real tho.

I mean I didn't really fuck with Sabrina either and Annihilation is trash, but of course that's some bullshit. That shit would've been wack and how exactly would old girl be able to fight in the tournament?

Evening, everybody. What's up?

Trying to get some work done, but failing. I'm thinking about leaving the house, but it might be laziness, but I really don't feel like riding my book over somewhere to find a spot to sit down and write. I wish there were places here where black people gathered. I'm usually the only one and if not they might come in for a second and then leave immediately.

Top Bottom