• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 7 Gameplay Modes Trailer

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Version D for arcade implemented an option like that, customs don't have to show up for the player. Its possible that option will be included in the console version.

Also the PC version would make it very easy to turn every customization off on your side.

Man i really hope so, shit like this is just too much for me...

Oh you have no idea lol

c93Njgs.gif

giphy.gif

I mean it looks funny and makes for some hilarious matches but i still wish to have the option to turn it off.

Namco pls

I need to know... are there faux player ghosts in arcade mode? You know, with names like "Heihachi_Kitton_xXx" with the most horrendous customizations equipped?

(Also, I hope my avatar costume is in!)

Yeppppppp at least in Treasure Mode.
I just want at least one mode without it. Which should be arcade mode. I hated how in the last few, midway through the mode, you started getting corny names, auras and stupid outfits. Always takes me right out and lessens how long/often I play.

cordy

Banned
I just want at least one mode without it. Which should be arcade mode. I hated how in the last few, midway through the mode, you started getting corny names, auras and stupid outfits. Always takes me right out and lessens how long/often I play.

I feel you. I know what you mean. In the video when they showed Arcade Mode Akuma wasn't wearing anything special so I wouldn't be surprised if Arcade Mode is without that stuff and Treasure Mode has it.

I don't even care, making my own costumes was how I spent most of my TTT2 playtime.

Special Agent Miharu Hirano took no prisoners.

I don't even care, making my own costumes was how I spent most of my TTT2 playtime.

Special Agent Miharu Hirano took no prisoners.
I don't mind the option and having an avenue to use and see creations, but I want arcade mode free of that since it's where I spend the majority of SP time unlocking endings and such.

I don't mind the option and having an avenue to use and see creations, but I want arcade mode free of that since it's where I spend the majority of SP time unlocking endings and such.

Pretty sure if you just want the original designs, you just play Arcade and nothing will change. It's been a while but in TTT2 I recall custom outfits only coming into play if you actually bothered to make them.

Also, has Team Battle been confirmed yet? Having a team of 10 characters and wiping a mate with your last character is always satisfying.

Also, has Team Battle been confirmed yet? Having a team of 10 characters and wiping a mate with your last character is always satisfying.

Agreed, Team Battle has always been my go-to mode for couch competitions. I can't see why they'd leave it out; hasn't it been in every Tekken?

Pretty sure if you just want the original designs, you just play Arcade and nothing will change. It's been a while but in TTT2 I recall custom outfits only coming into play if you actually bothered to make them.

In TTT2, customized fighters came in around stage 4 or 5. Until a patch, even the bosses were borked which took away their impact which is why they patched it out.

In TTT2, customized fighters came in around stage 4 or 5. Until a patch, even the bosses were borked which took away their impact which is why they patched it out.

Oh.

To be fair I didn't really play Arcade intensively, I just fucked around. Can't imagine fighting True Ogre with his bikini skin.

No Tekken Force or Devil Within :(

Eh they might bury them in the game as unlockables.

Onto the game.

Yes, all of it looks fuckin' hype as all hell. The modes the graphics the sound and the legendary namco sound team making another phenomenal ost means I'll probably get this day 1 on PC.

So glad they have an epic roster of characters!

AAK

Team Battle mode in Tekken 6 & TTT2 had ridiculous load times.... it just wasn't worth it to have a 20-30 sec loading screen every round. To me it was simply unplayable.

Tekken 7's load times so far aren't even at TTT2's level so it's not a feature worth IMO.

If they fixed the load times like in T5DR and all the games preceding it, that's a different story.

B00TE

I'm glad something like Ghost Battle is still around in some form, by far my favorite mode to mess around in when not fighting other people.

VariantX

Seems Namco learned from Capcom's mistakes with SFV..

No, Tekken hasn't learned a damn thing from SF. Tekken home releases have been jam-packed with content and extras since Tekken 3. Mainline SF games have almost always been bare-bones releases for home ports excluding home versions of SFA3. Capcom is pretty damn consistent in forgetting to make their home versions with a little something for everyone who likes SF.

This is actually gonna be my first Tekken. Only Tekken I ever played before is Tekken 3 and it was just button mashing while at a cousin's house.

Decided to try and git gud at this game now. So excited for it, the game looks so fun and the moves seem so satisfying.

Krammy

There were times where over the years that I wasn't sure if waiting for Tekken 7 would be worth it, but damn, there's so much content packed in here I can't wait. Gonna be in there on Day 1.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I have always loved Tekken. 3 and Tag felt like perfect home ports of the arcade versions. I'm glad they're throwing in the movies.

A few things made me mad with Tekken.

Getting rid of Jin Kazama-fighting style and switching to karate. No offense, he's a great character, but Devil Jin feels like a glass cannon compared to Devil and Jin from TTT. I remember it was cool having Jin do uppercuts and fast kick combos in T4, but every now and then I'd try to do a 3ring circus or steel toe and get nothing.

I was never into the costumes just because Tekken, to me, felt serious in its tones. Sure it had its robots, animals, and devil powers. It still felt serious. Then whenever I went to play all the characters looked so different and sometimes it didn't even feel like Tekken. I was like, "why am I holding some weird object in my hand or on my back?".

I love the series, so this is very promising.

cordy

Banned
Is the story mode just a bunch of still images between fights with some VO over it? That's pretty disappointing if true.

Nope. It's not even the standard "cutscene > fight > cutscene" thing that other Story Modes in fighters do according to Harada. It's beyond that.

Hey guys I want to get warmed up for this. I see you can play TekkenTag2 on psnow. How much has X changed since this version of the game. Has she gained a lot of new movies. Is this a good game to practice on before this releases.

ReaperXL7

No, it's rendered cutscenes and fights connected with the still images and VO as a narrative framing device.

Nope. It's not even the standard "cutscene > fight > cutscene" thing that other Story Modes in fighters do according to Harada. It's beyond that.

That's cool, the last Tekken game I played was the F2P game so I'm curious to check this out. Steve Fox is in so I'm in.

Floex

Really puts Street Fighter and Capcom to shame.

Haven't been interested in Tekken for years but this, this is the good stuff.

I still don't know if I want this. I've always mained Armor King, with Yoshimitsu and Roger (and Devil occasionally) on the side, but currently AK isn't in and Roger's been confirmed to not getting in, so I'd be stuck with Yoshimitsu.

Also, I much prefer the Tag games, and 3 was the only main series one I really played.

Sounds like they're doing everything right, sadly I can't see this game selling well though as Tekken just isn't a popular as it used to be. Been on a steady decline since Tag1 IIRC, the mechanics just keep getting more and more complex and they continue closing out new players.

I have always loved Tekken. 3 and Tag felt like perfect home ports of the arcade versions. I'm glad they're throwing in the movies.

A few things made me mad with Tekken.

Getting rid of Jin Kazama-fighting style and switching to karate. No offense, he's a great character, but Devil Jin feels like a glass cannon compared to Devil and Jin from TTT. I remember it was cool having Jin do uppercuts and fast kick combos in T4, but every now and then I'd try to do a 3ring circus or steel toe and get nothing.

I was never into the costumes just because Tekken, to me, felt serious in its tones. Sure it had its robots, animals, and devil powers. It still felt serious. Then whenever I went to play all the characters looked so different and sometimes it didn't even feel like Tekken. I was like, "why am I holding some weird object in my hand or on my back?".

I love the series, so this is very promising.

That's doesn't even make sense....

That phrase....

Jer

This is looking pretty great as a complete package. I'm really excited.

I do hope team battle makes it in. It's great for derping around with more casual players, and letting people of different skill levels be able to have fun playing each other. Random teams to see who can handle Tekken 2 parlor tricks is fun. Since every Tekken has had it, it'd be a disappointing miss.

Top Bottom