• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new nintendo 2ds xl comes out july 28 $149

Griss

Just popped up, I thought "What? No. What a useless product..."

Then I watched the video and was seriously impressed. Looks gorgeous, pretty cheap, great library... that's a winner in my books.

Got

Banned
C-drrKbV0AAAdxx.jpg:large

want

china-us-politics-animal-sculpture-offbeat_6a17c2d4-ccfa-11e6-a1a7-f672457d0d7f.jpg

zelas

No 3D + Big screen = Worst of both worlds, making 3DS games look as ugly as they possibly can.

Beautiful looking handheld design though; but probably the worst 3DS one could buy.

Some of us prefer portability over graphics and useless 3d gimmicks. And despite the narrative the exists here on gaf, the Switch remains a home console until it gets some needed QoL upgrades.

Switch flying off shelves? How about different confusing hardware for casuals to worry about.

The 2DS and 3DS have been on the market for so long, there's absolutely no confusion here

No 3D + Big screen = Worst of both worlds, making 3DS games look as ugly as they possibly can.

Beautiful looking handheld design though; but probably the worst 3DS one could buy.

I have literally never played a 3DS that wasn't Big Screen and no 3D. And have had no problems.

oti

Banned
AGITΩ;234966652 said:
But...why? Its tempting. But with the switch out, i don't know why they would do this... besides money.
But was the screen larger than the 3ds xl? Perspective on this commercial looks that way.

Switch is 300.
This is 150.

It's not rocket science.

FelipeMGM

Nintendo keeping their tradition of announcing handelds out of nowhere at night

At least this was better than the way they handled the 3DS announcemente, where this PR was all there was lol

C-dtAhtWAAYrSYN.jpg:large

OmahaG8

It's weird how much I like this. I want a New 3DS XL of the same design. Or this. Or both.

Ok, just one or the other.

Cerium

"Sony wouldn't give the Switch a competitor, so we created our own!"

*Thunder and Lightning*

*Maniacal Laughter*

I had a feeling this was coming with all their 3DS games that only support 2D these past couple years. An improved 2DS just makes sense. Still feels like this came out of nowhere. Crazy it didn't leak.

Theodran

Makes heaps of sense, to be honest. A low budget, large 3DS without that bullshit stereoscopic 3D, with a clamshell design, and over 1000 titles available.

It extends the sales life of the 3DS and its software library, easing people who were still on the fence into the Nintendo eco-system.

Jubenhimer

O-Kay..... Kind of weird Nintendo would drop a new hardware announcement out of nowhere like this. I had a feeling the 3DS XL would get a price cut, but I didn't expect it to get a 2DS budget revision. besides, haven't they released enough 3DS models already? How much longer are they gonna milk the 3DS?

Zomba13

Huh... Ok. I mean, sure. The 2DS was cheap and looked more like a kids toy. That looks nice and has the bigger screens. That orange/white one is pretty sweet. I guess this is good for the people who still don't have a 3DS, don't care about 3D and want to have the clamshell design with the big screens.

Correct me if I'm wrong. This is basically a 3DS killer right ? I have a "New 3DS" and it can even play Pokemon Alpha Sapphire in 3D properly and I don't even know if anybody uses 3D anymore. I might "switch" to 2DS after all.

Ivan 3414

I like the design a lot. I wish the New 3DS XL looked as good, because the lack of 3D is a dealbreaker for me unless there's some other improved functionalities

Shit. I kinda want one even though I have a New 3DS(the small one). The top screen is just so thin!

Also, I'm surprised they bothered with the nub and extra shoulder buttons. They're all but useless considering the number of games that use them, and not to mention the nub is a piece of shit.

Regiruler

This is literally every single variant of the 3ds in one system lmao.

Why does this look so much better though. I wish n3DS looked like this.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I like the design.

The 3D is awesome on New 3DS though so I can't give that up. I wonder if they'll redesign the regular XL? (Probably not.)

This thing is at a decent price, and it honestly doesn't look bad.

3D is pretty worthless to me, so I wouldn't mind having this as a replacement. My current unit has some issues.

Top Bottom