• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Angry Guy
(07-15-2014, 03:11 PM)
As soon as all the mystery and speculation is back this turns up. No fun for you!
Razgriz-Specter
(07-15-2014, 03:12 PM)

Originally Posted by 786110

#teamsnake

Yup
anotherVegan
(07-15-2014, 03:12 PM)

Awww yeahh
IntelliHeath
As in "Heathcliff"
(07-15-2014, 03:13 PM)
I'm not surprised that Coro Coro and the fans are overhyped this announcement.

I urge people to remember what happens with Brawl's Coro Coro. I would like to believe that they are covered all announced starting roster.
PseudoViper
(07-15-2014, 03:14 PM)
You outdid yaself Nintendo... you did real good, kid. You did good.
-Horizon-
(07-15-2014, 03:15 PM)
I mean I already have my perfect triforce of characters that I wanted. Everything else will just be icing on the cake. Of course getting Shulk will be good, there are a lot of people waiting for him and it would be interesting to see his move set.
sixteen-bit
(07-15-2014, 03:15 PM)
That's interesting. I expected them to leave some characters unannounced until the game was out at retail like they did with Brawl.
jacobeid
Banned
(07-15-2014, 03:16 PM)

Originally Posted by matrix-cat

One more month until the Bayonetta reveal? I can handle that.

I'd love for this to be true. I'm actually going to trade in some games and pre-order both Bayonetta and Smash this week.
Celegus
(07-15-2014, 03:16 PM)
Just give me Shulk already!
Not75Drops
(07-15-2014, 03:24 PM)

Originally Posted by IntelliHeath

I urge people to remember what happens with Brawl's Coro Coro. I would like to believe that they are covered all announced starting roster.

How was that worded compared to this? Anyway, Pokemon leaks will be in it so if does come with non-news, at least it won't be a waste for me lol.
Brazil
Living in the shadow of Amaz
(07-15-2014, 03:30 PM)
I need my R.O.B., Sakurai :(
The Bankslammer
(07-15-2014, 03:30 PM)

Originally Posted by Not75Drops

How was that worded compared to this? Anyway, Pokemon leaks will be in it so if does come with non-news, at least it won't be a waste for me lol.

According to this, same phrasing. Was even called the "All Character Huge Reveal Book".
StreetsAhead
(07-15-2014, 03:32 PM)

When did that happen for Brawl? Just curious; I just realized this is the last Corocoro before Smash 3DS is released in Japan, so it makes sense for them to be hyping it.
Sadist
(07-15-2014, 03:35 PM)
My body is ready
Why would you do that?
(07-15-2014, 03:39 PM)

Yes, this right here. I remember submitting that story to a certain video game news site several years ago (only time I've ever done so), they gave me credit, and I was wrong, lol.

Basically, a very similar book was created for Brawl, and they only revealed the already announced characters, despite saying implying that it could be complete. Therefore, don't get your hopes up.
Hero Prinny
(07-15-2014, 03:39 PM)
Oh cool so next month we'll see mewtwo's ssb4 artwork. Im hype! come on I must believe! Everyone if we all believe hard enough it'll come true.
Cosmic Dreams
Hails from a planet with less than two syllables ;D
(07-15-2014, 03:45 PM)
wanna get my hopes up.

not getting my hopes up.
bequietdrive
(07-15-2014, 03:49 PM)
Snake, Rayman and Bayonetta please
I'm going to be severely disappointed :(
IntelliHeath
As in "Heathcliff"
(07-15-2014, 03:51 PM)

Originally Posted by StreetsAhead

When did that happen for Brawl? Just curious; I just realized this is the last Corocoro before Smash 3DS is released in Japan, so it makes sense for them to be hyping it.

I think it's December 2007 issue or Jan 2008.

Here is a link, http://www.gonintendo.com/s/30876-sh...coro-card-info

It didn't have Sheik and Olimar.
Why would you do that?
(07-15-2014, 03:55 PM)

Originally Posted by StreetsAhead

There was this (which I was referring to above), not from Corocoro, but from Famitsu:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2008/01/...for-smash-bros (read excerpt at bottom)
Though I can't find the actual guide, unfortunately...

From Corocoro was this, I believe:
http://smashboards.com/threads/coroc...ations.136511/
ratcliffja
(07-15-2014, 03:57 PM)
We'll probably get a grass starter to round out Greninja and Charizard. My money's on Sceptile.
Jaeger
(07-15-2014, 04:00 PM)

Originally Posted by ratcliffja

We'll probably get a grass starter to round out Greninja and Charizard. My money's on Sceptile.

All we need is Mewtwo.
Vyse The Legend
Wiser than thou
(07-15-2014, 04:00 PM)
They need to add this guy:

Right, Zach?
Anth0ny
(07-15-2014, 04:01 PM)
holy SHIT.
Baron von Loathsome
Given the history of this stuff that other people are talking about, I'll be cautiously optimistic as to whether this is the full roster.
Mariolee
Well they already have 36 characers revealed. Not much else they could be hiding.
muyricosuave
(07-15-2014, 04:06 PM)
The definitive end to the Ridley size debate #believe
SpacePirate Ridley
(07-15-2014, 04:11 PM)

Originally Posted by Axass

Can you confirm this Joe?

From GameFAQs:
Guys, this stupid magazine promised the same thing with Brawl in its December 2007 issue (after the game had been delayed). It ended up just showing all characters currently on the website.

It claiming "all characters will be revealed" is just a crappy stunt to generate attention for itself. If you're worried about spoilers, don't be, because they won't come from here.

Originally Posted by JoeM86

Yep, there was the misconception. They had a Smash Book and said all characters would be in it, but it didn't have every one in it. The hidden ones were still hidden.

And there you have it. Thank god.
Maybe this would be a good idea to be in the OP?

Originally Posted by Mariolee

Well they already have 36 characers revealed. Not much else they could be hiding.

Theres still various veterans to show and at least (very probably) two more newcomers (Shulk and Chorus kids, yes that leak was real).
ratcliffja
(07-15-2014, 04:16 PM)

Originally Posted by Jaeger

All we need is Mewtwo.

Why not both?
AwakenedCloud
(07-15-2014, 04:16 PM)

All we need is Jigglypuff.

Fixed.
Hero Prinny
(07-15-2014, 04:17 PM)

All we need is Mewtwo.

WINNER THIS MAN(or WOMAN) KNOWS WHAT (S)HE IS TALKING ABOUT!! <33 100% with you there. Lets believe together and it'll happen!
Revven
(07-15-2014, 04:18 PM)
Realize the following:

Brawl CoroCoro didn't show every character
Smash 4 3DS is releasing in Japan first in September

Whatever we don't get in CoroCoro we will find out in September anyway. Hold your hype back.
NeonZ
(07-15-2014, 04:20 PM)

Originally Posted by Golnei

Considering how coy they're being about stages, it's likely there will be a ton of hidden content in that form, along with extra custom moves, music, trophies and costumes/palettes. If that's given enough care, I don't mind having all the characters known at release.

CoroCoro is claiming they'll reveal all stages too.
789shadow
Banned
(07-15-2014, 04:29 PM)
OH

SHIT

JUST

GOT

REAL
Host Samurai
(07-15-2014, 04:29 PM)
Travis Touchdown confirmed
Devil
(07-15-2014, 04:57 PM)
Don't get your hopes up. New characters were still found in the japanese version of Brawl after the so called "complete roster" stuff by corocoro. We'll get the information in september anyway.
Anth0ny
(07-15-2014, 04:57 PM)
All Character already shown Huge Reveal Book
Clefargle
(07-15-2014, 04:58 PM)

Originally Posted by Jawmuncher

Until the bitter end.

You are not alone dear brother
DJIzana
(07-15-2014, 05:00 PM)
All I want is EITHER Shulk or Ness. I don't care if it's only one of these characters at this point... I just want either. Both would be best though!
LuuKyK
(07-15-2014, 05:03 PM)
Time of truth for Jiggly. It better be in Sakurai!
Timeaisis
(07-15-2014, 05:05 PM)

Originally Posted by 786110

#teamsnake

#FOXALIVE
Unspeakable Evil
(07-15-2014, 05:07 PM)

Originally Posted by Drencrom

Hold out, my brothers. The best fighter shall return!

Yesss
Sn4ke_911
If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
(07-15-2014, 05:11 PM)
Kojima Open to Snake Returning in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

During a Twitch interview, Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima expressed interest in seeing Snake in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS, but said the prospect is unlikely.

"I'm not working on that game so I don't know, but I don't think that's likely," said Kojima. "Well, if Mr. Sakurai is watching this, please use Snake."

GRW810
(07-15-2014, 05:13 PM)
Which somewhat-likely returnees are we still awaiting definite, official confirmation for?

Wario, Ganon, Mr. Game and Watch, ROB, Lucas, Mewtwo?

I don't know why those in particular haven't been confirmed by now. Ganon and Wario are almost certain, and could easily have appeared in videos featuring others from their respective series, while G&W appeared in the background of footage if I remember correctly?

I think Lucas, ROB and Mewtwo have a high chance off missing out unfortunately. I actually enjoyed using ROB in Brawl.

Shulk and Bayo as newcomers and Wario, Ganon and ROB returning would do me just fine.

During a Twitch interview, Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima expressed interest in seeing Snake in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS, but said the prospect is unlikely.

"I'm not working on that game so I don't know, but I don't think that's likely," said Kojima. "Well, if Mr. Sakurai is watching this, please use Snake."

"We won't put new MGS games on Wii U or 3DS (not including Snake Eater) but please include Snake in Smash Bros!"
JoeM86
(07-15-2014, 05:14 PM)

Originally Posted by Sn4ke_911

Kojima Open to Snake Returning in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Put MGSV on the Wii U and then I'm sure Nintendo would allow it :p
Trago
(07-15-2014, 05:16 PM)
Simon Belmon- aw fuck it, I've lost hope :(

Ness and Jiggly returning are pretty much a given though.
rawktapus
(07-15-2014, 05:16 PM)

Originally Posted by GRW810

Which somewhat-likely returnees are we still awaiting definite, official confirmation for?

Wario, Ganon, Mr. Game and Watch, ROB, Lucas, Mewtwo?

I don't know why those in particular haven't been confirmed by now. Ganon and Wario are almost certain, and could easily have appeared in videos featuring others from their respective series, while G&W appeared in the background of footage if I remember correctly?

I think Lucas, ROB and Mewtwo have a high chance off missing out unfortunately. I actually enjoyed using ROB in Brawl.

Shulk and Bayo as newcomers and Wario, Ganon and ROB returning would do me just fine.

I think ROB is a lock, personally. Moves are unique as is he. G and W was in the Pac man trailer if you're looking for the specific example. Not just background either, a fairly active cameo.
lupinko
(07-15-2014, 05:17 PM)

Originally Posted by JoeM86

Guess we have extra reason to keep an eye out...this and the Mega Evolution Scoop.

I want more serial code events, now that I have both xy japanese, I can redeem them both if it's another Corozard scenario. :p
Kurtofan
(07-15-2014, 05:18 PM)

Originally Posted by Revven

Realize the following:

Brawl CoroCoro didn't show every character
Smash 4 3DS is releasing in Japan first in September

Whatever we don't get in CoroCoro we will find out in September anyway. Hold your hype back.

Title should be updated with this info.
Morts
(07-15-2014, 05:18 PM)
I'd be estatic with one of Rayman or Snake, but I'm going to be very disappointed. Still looks like a pretty good roster.