Originally Posted by Jucksalbe

Another player probably. :P

I sure hope not.
TheMoon
Quest Reward:
Eye of Webster
(04-08-2017, 08:50 PM)

Originally Posted by Bog

Ok I love this demo. I'm probably going to need to import. Physical release in Japan or no?

Yes.

If you click on the very first link in the OP you can look at the box art.
SpeedBeatz
(04-09-2017, 12:24 AM)
I added a quick rundown of some of the common questions to the OP, though I do plan to make an OT when the game comes out (if nobody beats me to it).
smashballTaz
(04-09-2017, 12:27 AM)

Originally Posted by XaosWolf

I sure hope not.

You can play fine in single player mode. When you get that controller prompt, just hold down L and R and press A.

[edit]

Here's a link to a fan translation of the text in the demo:

http://imgur.com/a/LOWtG#DMeFmdW
SpeedBeatz
(04-09-2017, 02:31 AM)

Originally Posted by XaosWolf

I sure hope not.

In order to reach the items blocked off by switches, you need either another player, or an ability you get later in the game. (I cover this in the video I posted on the previous page!)
Man God
Non-Canon Member
(04-09-2017, 02:37 AM)
It's got that FiftyTP instead!
Dash Kappei
Not actually that important
(04-09-2017, 02:52 AM)
Holy... thanks for the thread and video, op
Def checking this out and probably importing.
BooJoh
(04-09-2017, 03:57 AM)

Originally Posted by Nosgotham

It was free to play and now it's not? Switch tax

This has happened with multiple games on 3DS where f2p games get a port with all f2p elements removed and a base price added and IMO it's always been a better experience.
XaosWolf
(04-09-2017, 06:40 AM)

Originally Posted by SpeedBeatz

In order to reach the items blocked off by switches, you need either another player, or an ability you get later in the game. (I cover this in the video I posted on the previous page!)

Thats fine then. As long as there is a way to fly solo.
Its not that I won't be playing online but I'd prefer that not to be mandatory for 100%ing stuff. =)

EDIT: Gone ahead and preordered the physical release from Amazon JP.
random25
(04-09-2017, 08:05 PM)
Playing the demo for the first time, and it's pretty addicting.

Hopefully it comes in English. At some points in the demo I don't know what I'm doing lol.
And Grows
(04-09-2017, 08:12 PM)

Originally Posted by Deft Beck

I found the PS4 version to be a bit clunky, though having it on the go sounds appealing.

I thought the controls on the PS4 version were very laggy, not nearly as responsive as the ones in the PS3 Spelunker HD. From what I've played of the demo, the controls are much tighter, just like they're supposed to be.
Skeletos311
(04-10-2017, 10:45 AM)
I've played like 8 levels in the demo. I think the game is fun, but I'm not buying it in Japanese. Also, looking at the exchange rate, this is going for about $48. Which means it'll be $40 or $50 here. I don't know how much content is in this, but I don't think I would buy it for that much.

Polioliolio
(04-10-2017, 03:41 PM)
Spelunkers HD on ps3 is one of my favorite games of all time..

When I saw what they did with the PS4 one.. Simpler cutesy characters, free to play bullshit, etc, I thought my Spelunker days were over.
Actually last night, a fried and I were looking for something to play and I thought maybe we could try out the ps4 Spelunker world. There's not even local play on that shit. Disgraceful.

Anyway, this switch version is an improvement for the local play and removal of f2p elements. If I get a switch, I'll get this game and give it a chance.
SpeedBeatz
(04-19-2017, 05:01 PM)
Game is out on the Japanese eShop now, OT here.
ChanoMarrano
(04-21-2017, 04:40 PM)
Nevermind, I didn't know there was a demo :D
CrashPrime
(04-21-2017, 04:41 PM)
does this game have anything to do with the indie Spelunker that was on various platforms?
Camjo-Z
(04-21-2017, 04:50 PM)

Originally Posted by CrashPrime

does this game have anything to do with the indie Spelunker that was on various platforms?

Spelunker = Long-running series that started in 1983
Spelunky = 2008 game partially inspired by Spelunker, otherwise unrelated
Dr. Zoidberg
(04-21-2017, 04:52 PM)
I've enjoyed playing the Japanese demo. I wish this were coming out here (and cheaper, TBH).
Meier
(04-21-2017, 04:59 PM)
How you gonna have a thread like this with no images in the OP?

AR15mex
(04-21-2017, 05:01 PM)
Isn't this the trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3-dfDJZ4yI

has the switch logo and everything.
TheMoon
Quest Reward:
Eye of Webster
(04-21-2017, 07:17 PM)

Originally Posted by Meier

There's a link to the official site and a YT vid right there in that OP so ...I think you can live with one click :)
SpeedBeatz
(04-21-2017, 10:59 PM)

Originally Posted by Meier

I posted it above too, but there's an OT now :P
WhyKlef
(04-22-2017, 02:08 AM)
FINALLY! I can post to NeoGAF... Hey SpeedBeatz, first thanks for that Google Sheets, also glad to see other importers, I was basically the only one talking on the GameFAQs forum about this game.

Cheers, Happy Spelunking! :D
Alpha_eX
(04-24-2017, 02:56 PM)
Just played this in the office with a few colleagues, absolutely in love it with. I've been playing single player up until now, which is still really fun but it truly shines with a few people huddled around.

The brutality and unforgivingness of it is a good thing, harsh but fair. Makes rewards sweeter and failures funnier.
TheMoon
Quest Reward:
Eye of Webster
(04-24-2017, 03:15 PM)

Originally Posted by Alpha_eX

Just played this in the office with a few colleagues, absolutely in love it with. I've been playing single player up until now, which is still really fun but it truly shines with a few people huddled around.

The brutality and unforgivingness of it is a good thing, harsh but fair. Makes rewards sweeter and failures funnier.

Right above you.

Originally Posted by SpeedBeatz

I posted it above too, but there's an OT now :P