• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

jacob armitage
Member
(04-12-2017, 12:24 AM)
jacob armitage's Avatar

Originally Posted by Demoskinos

So....I'm confused. I got all these welcoming gifts of which I opened. One was a clothes style which apparently vanished and isn't showing up... there is another pack that says only PS+ members can open it yet the game doesn't register me as a PS+ user even though I have 100 days left on my sub. =|

The fuck is going on with this game.

You can't open/use some of the gifts until after you've played through the first area and the other until you've got your divine form, it does mention it in the item description.

Originally Posted by SDCowboy

Hmm, yeah after this info, and playing it for a bit, I think I'm going to pass on this one. I was hoping it was going to be a full blown MMO.

There are open world areas ala an MMO with tons of players, combat and quests but they arn't connected like most MMOs.
Last edited by jacob armitage; 04-12-2017 at 12:29 AM.
nicoga3000
Banned
(04-12-2017, 05:26 AM)
nicoga3000's Avatar
Had a good first night. However, game bugged out when I tried to buy that pop-up offer. Hopefully it wasn't a one time thing.
Freeman76
Member
(04-12-2017, 06:54 AM)
Freeman76's Avatar

Originally Posted by jacob armitage

You can't open/use some of the gifts until after you've played through the first area and the other until you've got your divine form, it does mention it in the item description.



There are open world areas ala an MMO with tons of players, combat and quests but they arn't connected like most MMOs.

Problem is the performance in those areas is beyond crap. Nothing a few patches cant iron out, dunno if these devs will bother though they sound like money grubbers from many accounts. Still, a really good foundation to build on.
ReaperXL7
Member
(04-12-2017, 07:05 AM)
ReaperXL7's Avatar
So my first impressions are pretty positive so far. Need to play more before I can really make a judgement call but the visuals are pretty nice, the combat is fun, and the mission structure makes it pretty easy to jump in and out of.

Seems like it could be somewhat Grindy but the combat is active enough that I don't think I'll mind too much.
jacob armitage
Member
(04-12-2017, 11:22 AM)
jacob armitage's Avatar

Originally Posted by Freeman76

Problem is the performance in those areas is beyond crap. Nothing a few patches cant iron out, dunno if these devs will bother though they sound like money grubbers from many accounts. Still, a really good foundation to build on.

Hopefully we'll see some good performance improvements.
CEJames
Member
(04-12-2017, 11:25 AM)
CEJames's Avatar

Originally Posted by JP_



heh

There is a next level of immortal!?

Originally Posted by Ferr986

Game doesn't look too hot but its being compared to PSO so I'm obligued to try it.

Oh shit, really? Gotta try it out then.
Last edited by CEJames; 04-12-2017 at 11:27 AM.
Rixa
Member
(04-12-2017, 11:58 AM)
Rixa's Avatar
Joined random group, that was stupid as hell. Couldn't "Leave Group". Closing application didn't remove me from group. I don't use mic when playing with strangers. This sucks :D
Ceadeus
Member
(04-12-2017, 12:23 PM)
Ceadeus's Avatar

Originally Posted by jacob armitage

Anyone have the PS4 install size?



I would guess they went for the early adopter bundle, i was tempted to myself.

16.6GB
Skulldead
Member
(04-12-2017, 12:30 PM)

Originally Posted by Ferr986

Game doesn't look too hot but its being compared to PSO so I'm obligued to try it.

Yeah it's a mix of Stage Base like PSO and open world section. Can fly between the two style. Other then that there absolute nothing to compare.
Dunlop
DID YOU KNOW:
TLOU invented the HD Remaster?
Also, Halo is the first FPS.
(04-12-2017, 12:53 PM)
Dunlop's Avatar
Does this have ever open up? I finished the first province and I mean you literally walk down a single path with no other option.. I actual got stuck waking about 2 feet up a hill (no objects around) and had to restart the quest
Freeman76
Member
(04-12-2017, 12:57 PM)
Freeman76's Avatar

Originally Posted by CEJames

There is a next level of immortal!?



Oh shit, really? Gotta try it out then.

Dont get your hopes up, its ok but not in the same stratosphere as PSO
Ricker
Member
(04-12-2017, 12:58 PM)
Ricker's Avatar
Hey,it's free,I have the space on my PS4 Pro so I got it...the only thing I dont have is time for it right now with all the other stuff but might play it now and then like I do for Let it Die,which I am about to ditch pretty soon.
GearFourth
Junior Member
(04-12-2017, 04:02 PM)
GearFourth's Avatar
Skyforge isn't that good imo it does atleast have nice sceneries at times, looks like ill be waiting for Tera & Kingdom Under Fire II for good MMORPG's on PS4
It's got photomode with R3

Originally Posted by Freeman76

PRO, so there is hope they will patch it I guess?

It should be Pro patched already isn't it, i would blame shoddy optimization.

Disabling visual effects & post-processing effects will gain you more frames improves performance
They allow to toggle some effects not sure what Full Screen effects and Graphic Impact is exactly

Last edited by GearFourth; 04-12-2017 at 04:10 PM.
jacob armitage
Member
(04-12-2017, 04:52 PM)
jacob armitage's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dunlop

Does this have ever open up? I finished the first province and I mean you literally walk down a single path with no other option.. I actual got stuck waking about 2 feet up a hill (no objects around) and had to restart the quest

Yes, if you take a look on the provincial map there are areas with red flags, these are the open world segments that are more traditional MMO structure. You don't need to turn quests in however, just head to the area and complete them. Launch week rules seem to apply however, its pretty packed but respawns are fast.
Freeman76
Member
(04-12-2017, 07:58 PM)
Freeman76's Avatar
Wtf is the deal with weapons, I never get anything new that isnt pretty much the same as what I have already. The game is wank at explaining
PLASTICA-MAN
Member
(04-12-2017, 10:16 PM)
PLASTICA-MAN's Avatar

Originally Posted by JP_



heh

What happeend to this? How to get it? It is not available on the PSN Store.
nicoga3000
Banned
(04-13-2017, 12:07 PM)
nicoga3000's Avatar
Just shy of 6k Prestige last night. Despite the annoying frame rate during multiplayer stuff, it's still a good time.
Salz01
Member
(04-13-2017, 12:09 PM)
Salz01's Avatar
It's hard for me to get into this game. On Pro it stutters. The voice acting is crap. I pass through the story. I'll give it more time and hopefully more patches smooths things up.
Syysch
Junior Member
(04-13-2017, 12:31 PM)

Originally Posted by Freeman76

Wtf is the deal with weapons, I never get anything new that isnt pretty much the same as what I have already. The game is wank at explaining

I only really got better stuff by running the 5-man instances. Most of your growth comes from upping your prestige.
jmxxii
Member
(04-13-2017, 12:34 PM)
jmxxii's Avatar
I'm trying this out today. So far it's fun. The pro fans go crazy the lip sync is off which is hilarious.

Are other classes restricted? I wanted to try archer..
Last edited by jmxxii; 04-13-2017 at 12:49 PM.
GribbleGrunger
Junior Member
(04-13-2017, 12:45 PM)
GribbleGrunger's Avatar
Great, now I've got an unwanted Trophy sitting on the list. Thanks GAF ...
nicoga3000
Banned
(04-13-2017, 02:17 PM)
nicoga3000's Avatar

Originally Posted by jmxxii

I'm trying this out today. So far it's fun. The pro fans go crazy the lip sync is off which is hilarious.

Are other classes restricted? I wanted to try archer..

You have to buy them with 3m credits. I don't know if you can actually go through the transaction or not yet, though. I'm only up to 300k credits or so.
jmxxii
Member
(04-13-2017, 02:26 PM)
jmxxii's Avatar

Originally Posted by nicoga3000

You have to buy them with 3m credits. I don't know if you can actually go through the transaction or not yet, though. I'm only up to 300k credits or so.

Oh boy. I only have 10k
Ploid 3.0
Member
(04-13-2017, 02:27 PM)
Ploid 3.0's Avatar
Wow, they got rid of currency caps in October. I should probably try playing it again, even if the download take weeks (darn p2p downloader gave me problems the last time I tried). Even if they didn't get rid of them I saved up about a year + of cap overflow by not playing so I would have been free to play how I wanted anyway. That cap crap was a big mistake on their part, it made the game very annoying (weekly caps on class progression was the worst).

Many players have voiced their concerns about the existing system of weekly caps. We have received a number of comments and have been monitoring its performance for a long time. This resulted in our decision to get rid of the caps as a way of limiting character’s development. This is a substantial change for the game’s economics system, and it will also affect a number of other mechanics.

Heroes will no longer have limits to the main currencies they can receive. The value system has been simplified and the already-familiar Credits and a new resource—Knowledge of Enemies—will become the prevalent type of reward and the main resource for upgrades.

https://sf.my.com/us/news/announceme...ion-new-values 10/04/2016

Originally Posted by nicoga3000

You have to buy them with 3m credits. I don't know if you can actually go through the transaction or not yet, though. I'm only up to 300k credits or so.

Wow you have to buy classes now? I guess it's a thing now that credits are not capped weekly. I could see it being easy to get to classes on the ascension grid easily if you could just farm the required colored gems. I don't even know if the ascension grid is still in the game.
Last edited by Ploid 3.0; 04-13-2017 at 02:31 PM.
Dunlop
DID YOU KNOW:
TLOU invented the HD Remaster?
Also, Halo is the first FPS.
(04-13-2017, 02:40 PM)
Dunlop's Avatar

Originally Posted by Salz01

It's hard for me to get into this game. On Pro it stutters. The voice acting is crap. I pass through the story. I'll give it more time and hopefully more patches smooths things up.

I normally love these tie of games but I just have so many issues and the lack of any hook.

There needs to be a fat better tutorial system, the UI is really awkward (just selecting a location in the map is a possibility).

Finished the skill tree for the healer class and I was given a reward of the outfit I was already wearing lol.

I just want to run with a group mindlessly doing dungeons, 2 hours in I still have no idea how to do that
SmoothRunningGun
Member
(04-13-2017, 06:51 PM)
I want more control options. I don't like dash on the left stick. And the mini map should align to the player direction. Otherwise it seems ok.
nicoga3000
Banned
(04-13-2017, 07:02 PM)
nicoga3000's Avatar

Originally Posted by SmoothRunningGun

I want more control options. I don't like dash on the left stick. And the mini map should align to the player direction. Otherwise it seems ok.

I suspect they'll improve these things over time. Make sure you report bugs and issues so they know about them, though.

I need a group of people on PS4 to play with. Hit 6.6k over lunch today. Been loving the casual nature of the grind.

Originally Posted by Ploid 3.0

Wow you have to buy classes now? I guess it's a thing now that credits are not capped weekly. I could see it being easy to get to classes on the ascension grid easily if you could just farm the required colored gems. I don't even know if the ascension grid is still in the game.

Without the credit cap, it's not so bad. I'm still low prestige and, with Premium, am bringing in 6-8k per run.
Last edited by nicoga3000; 04-13-2017 at 07:05 PM.
jmxxii
Member
(04-13-2017, 07:22 PM)
jmxxii's Avatar
It's turned out to be pretty fun. I needed some mindless fun.
Heavy_D206
Member
(04-13-2017, 07:32 PM)
I'm digging the game so far. Combat is fun and the Game overall looks really pretty IMO.

Is there any sort of Matchmaking for the 1-3 person quests?
Xiaoki
Member
(04-13-2017, 07:45 PM)

Originally Posted by Dunlop

I normally love these tie of games but I just have so many issues and the lack of any hook.

There needs to be a fat better tutorial system, the UI is really awkward (just selecting a location in the map is a possibility).

Finished the skill tree for the healer class and I was given a reward of the outfit I was already wearing lol.

I just want to run with a group mindlessly doing dungeons, 2 hours in I still have no idea how to do that

The costume you get for completing the class talents is so you can wear a class costume with any class.

You unlock the 5 man dungeons by doing the story missions. If you go to one of the 5 man dungeons on the map it will tell you what mission you have to complete to unlock it.
Sanador
Junior Member
(04-13-2017, 07:57 PM)

Originally Posted by jmxxii

It's turned out to be pretty fun. I needed some mindless fun.

Took me a bit to get the hang of it, but yeah it's a blast.
nicoga3000
Banned
(04-13-2017, 08:16 PM)
nicoga3000's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sanador

Took me a bit to get the hang of it, but yeah it's a blast.

I'm still not 100% sure what all the various quests/missions/things you can run in the menu are for. Yeah, there's the world map where you can select a mission and a difficulty level, but if you hit R1/L1, you can select these placards with similar missions or events or group things. Is there any info out there on what all those various options are and why you want to run what?
Gin-Shiio
Member
(04-13-2017, 08:19 PM)
Gin-Shiio's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ploid 3.0

Wow, they got rid of currency caps in October. I should probably try playing it again, even if the download take weeks (darn p2p downloader gave me problems the last time I tried). Even if they didn't get rid of them I saved up about a year + of cap overflow by not playing so I would have been free to play how I wanted anyway. That cap crap was a big mistake on their part, it made the game very annoying (weekly caps on class progression was the worst).

That is a legit megaton. Bumps up my score for this game 2 points easy. Good on their part. I can recommend this game without qualms now.
Deband
Member
(04-14-2017, 09:05 AM)
Deband's Avatar
I find the aiming a bit strange. Oh and I have no idea what all the different currencies are for. Where does it tell me my level? Also I seen a log out button in one area but seems to have disappeared, so I've just been killing the game from the quick menu, surely this can't be right?
jmxxii
Member
(04-14-2017, 12:36 PM)
jmxxii's Avatar
Is anyone else having issues with going from the game to the ps Store to purchase anything? For giggles I selected the archer class to purchase at the store and received an error.
Ricker
Member
(04-14-2017, 12:45 PM)
Ricker's Avatar

Originally Posted by jmxxii

It's turned out to be pretty fun. I needed some mindless fun.

Yeah...played for 2 hours last night,even though the premium stuff is plastered all over the place,in 2 hours I gained a few levels(I chose Litebringer for now)and even got a mount...just did the PVE solo stuff so far though and the game needs work lol,the lipsynch is so bad its a huge bug more then anything sometimes,took me like 5 minutes to figure where my mount was even with the tutorial lol,some windows are on top of others,but overall it was kind of fun...

Not sure how deep I will go into this but I will give it a fair chance,hopefully it gets good and surprises me like Neverwinter did back when it started.

Originally Posted by jmxxii

Is anyone else having issues with going from the game to the ps Store to purchase anything? For giggles I selected the archer class to purchase at the store and received an error.

Yeah fumbling around in the transport screen to find my mount,I accidently hit a pay for mount and got an error...there was a lot of people in the hub area(probably the max 99)and everything was laggy in there...
Last edited by Ricker; 04-14-2017 at 12:49 PM.
jmxxii
Member
(04-14-2017, 12:53 PM)
jmxxii's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ricker

Yeah...played for 2 hours last night,even though the premium stuff is plastered all over the place,in 2 hours I gained a few levels(I chose Litebringer for now)and even got a mount...just did the PVE solo stuff so far though and the game needs work lol,the lipsynch is so bad its a huge bug more then anything sometimes,took me like 5 minutes to figure where my mount was even with the tutorial lol,some windows are on top of others,but overall it was kind of fun...

Not sure how deep I will go into this but I will give it a fair chance,hopefully it gets good and surprises me like Neverwinter did back when it started.



Yeah fumbling around in the transport screen to find my mount,I accidently hit a pay for mount and got an error...there was a lot of people in the hub area(probably the max 99)and everything was laggy in there...

I wonder if the developers will be actively patching issues. It seems like a fun game but with issues.. I did some pvp and group dungeons and it was great. I really want to try archer lol.
ironcreed
Banned
(04-14-2017, 03:20 PM)
ironcreed's Avatar
The story is laughable, but this is actually pretty fun to play. I'll mess around with it until it starts feeling all pay to win.
Loudninja
No oxygen in space?
How does the sun burn?
Food for thought.
(04-14-2017, 03:21 PM)
Loudninja's Avatar

Originally Posted by ironcreed

The story is laughable, but this is actually pretty fun to play. I'll mess around with it until it starts feeling all pay to win.

Yeah same here.
Broadbandito
Member
(04-14-2017, 03:22 PM)
Broadbandito's Avatar
the combat is a lot of fun. Game runs pretty smooth on ps4 pro boost mode
Kalentan
Member
(04-14-2017, 03:22 PM)
Kalentan's Avatar
The game is for sure fun but the 3 mil for new classes sucks ass. I want to play Berserker but I feel like that won't be for a long ass time unless I shell out the cash. Which I don't want to for a class...
ironcreed
Banned
(04-14-2017, 03:30 PM)
ironcreed's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kalentan

The game is for sure fun but the 3 mil for new classes sucks ass. I want to play Berserker but I feel like that won't be for a long ass time unless I shell out the cash. Which I don't want to for a class...

I want to try berserker and witch, but it looks they are a long way off. I don't know, if the game holds it's weight and keeps feeling fun I might be inclined to spend a little on it. We shall see.
nicoga3000
Banned
(04-14-2017, 08:12 PM)
nicoga3000's Avatar

Originally Posted by ironcreed

I want to try berserker and witch, but it looks they are a long way off. I don't know, if the game holds it's weight and keeps feeling fun I might be inclined to spend a little on it. We shall see.

I bought the starter pack for like $7. I'll spend money to unlock one or two classes...Credits for the rest. I played Necro on PC a bit and enjoyed it. I also played Archer and had a good time with it.
Freeman76
Member
(04-14-2017, 09:05 PM)
Freeman76's Avatar

Originally Posted by Broadbandito

the combat is a lot of fun. Game runs pretty smooth on ps4 pro boost mode

It really doesnt. I guess you havent got far yet.
Broadbandito
Member
(04-14-2017, 09:08 PM)
Broadbandito's Avatar

Originally Posted by Freeman76

It really doesnt. I guess you havent got far yet.

Just in the first town area and the first 2 solo missions. Was surprised it was running so well with all the players in the first hub zone
_woLf
Member
(04-14-2017, 09:10 PM)
_woLf's Avatar
Does this support crossplay with PC?
Mr.Deadshot
Junior Member
(04-14-2017, 09:23 PM)
Mr.Deadshot's Avatar
Tried it, but I didn't like it. Feels too shallow and floaty. The fighting reminded me a lot of Kingdoms of Amalur. Not in a good way. I just don't see me putting time into this one. Especially with all those games I am drowning in.

But it certainly isn't a badly done game. Everyone interested should try it out. It's free after all ;-)
Freeman76
Member
(04-14-2017, 09:26 PM)
Freeman76's Avatar

Originally Posted by Broadbandito

Just in the first town area and the first 2 solo missions. Was surprised it was running so well with all the players in the first hub zone

Ah yeah man, the open world areas get pretty bad later on unfortunately. Maybe they can patch it who knows....
jacob armitage
Member
(04-15-2017, 01:21 AM)
jacob armitage's Avatar

Originally Posted by nicoga3000

I bought the starter pack for like $7. I'll spend money to unlock one or two classes...Credits for the rest. I played Necro on PC a bit and enjoyed it. I also played Archer and had a good time with it.

Shall we start a pantheon if you've yet to join one?
Shame its only voice chat, this is a podcast/lets play game for me and i'd much rather use a keyboard.
nicoga3000
Banned
(04-15-2017, 01:22 AM)
nicoga3000's Avatar

Originally Posted by jacob armitage

Shall we start a pantheon if you've yet to join one?
Shame its only voice chat, this is a podcast/lets play game for me and i'd much rather use a keyboard.

Sure - I need a group of folks to play with. 8k and climbing!

Thread Tools