• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Ken
(03-31-2017, 09:55 PM)

Originally Posted by mdubs

Some questions that seem appropriate for this thread

1) Does it work like P4 where you can max out a confidant with a girl and then not choose to romance?

2) Are there consequences like in P4G if you choose the dating option for more than one girl?

1) yes

2) an event changes if you date more than one girl yeah
shnurgleton
TEAM MAKOTO
mdubs

Originally Posted by Ken

1) yes

2) an event changes if you date more than one girl yeah

Cool, thank you!
El Jaffe
(03-31-2017, 09:56 PM)
I expect this to be bigger than the actual OT
mollipen
(03-31-2017, 10:01 PM)

Absolutely best love interest the new era of Persona has had. I never really expected to go after here, but oh my lord, she just grew on me so, so much. Some of the cutest (in a good way) moments in the game come from her.
MisterShine
On my first P4G run I did a romance of every choice because I'd already done Naoto and Chie in my first two P4 runs, and I wanted to see everything else.

The valentine event where you have multiple girlfriends is BRUTAL. Like, holy shit I'm a monster. I hope there's a return of a similar event this time =P

For those who've played the import or review copies: favorite romance/characters? Maybe top 3? Or if you put a lot of time into a character but they didn't click with you? Makoto looks like my girl.
RuinerPrime
Futaba is best girl
mollipen
(03-31-2017, 10:03 PM)

Originally Posted by Twisted-Gamer

Futaba is best girl

I really question anyone who plays this game and ends up dating Futaba. The idea of that is just... no. It'd be like dating Nanako.
Ken
(03-31-2017, 10:06 PM)

Originally Posted by MisterShine

On my first P4G run I did a romance of every choice because I'd already done Naoto and Chie in my first two P4 runs, and I wanted to see everything else.

The valentine event where you have multiple girlfriends is BRUTAL. Like, holy shit I'm a monster. I hope there's a return of a similar event this time =P

For those who've played the import or review copies: favorite romance/characters? Maybe top 3? Or if you put a lot of time into a character but they didn't click with you? Makoto looks like my girl.

I liked Haru and Makoto romance, though I didn't really like the latter as a party member skill-wise.
Son Of Sparda

Originally Posted by One (1) Giant Size Novelty Sexual Device

People constantly debate which is the correct romance option in Persona games.

For example in Persona 4 there is only one clear choice for companion, Chie, but for some reason a small number of people prefer the more inferior ladies. Those who pick the wrong companion are so embarassed by their poor choice that they have to get on GAF and make up excuses for why their choice is the best. It's thinly veiled and we all know they're wrong.

The Persona Waifu discussion oftentimes can take up hundreds of points, even to the point that it annoys members who are unable to have fun on the internet.

Okay, I got it. Now let's not turn this into a Persona 4 waifu thread lol

Originally Posted by Cornbread78

Oh, you'll see; welcome to Persona

Thanks, though I've already played Persona 4 years ago :P
RuinerPrime

Originally Posted by mollipen

I really question anyone who plays this game and ends up dating Futaba. The idea of that is just... no. It'd be like dating Nanako.

Not sure what you mean by this. Could you explain?
HeelPower
(03-31-2017, 10:07 PM)
So..you cant date guys here ? Is there anything even "close enough" ? Just yes or no without spoiling the characters :P
Ken

Originally Posted by HeelPower

So..you cant date guys here ? Is there anything even "close enough" ? Just yes or no without spoiling the characters :P

no

you'll have to seek the power of doujins for that
BassForever
Team harem as always how many of these girls can I awaken my persona with?
Iriscomeback

Probably because she's 15
Cess007

Isn't it because she's the youngest one? Like 15 or something?
HeelPower
(03-31-2017, 10:08 PM)

Originally Posted by Ken

no

you'll have to seek the power of doujins for that

Crushing...

At least there was sorta a date with Kanji back in P4.
brickarts295
Having a hard time deciding who is best girl in this one. Haven't met all of them yet.
Makoto is definitely the lead Waifu, but she's making me work for it though >:( (too many Social Status requirements)
Futaba-san is getting there but she's giving me Nana-chan vibes. Ann is okay I guess.
YankeeDonB
So many romance options. Still smarting from my Witcher 3 ménage a trois lol so I'm going to play it safe...
RuinerPrime
(03-31-2017, 10:09 PM)

Originally Posted by Iriscomeback

Isn't the protagonist like 17ish or something. Doesn't seem like that big a deal.

Disclaimer: I haven't played the game. I just think Futaba has the most appeling/cute character design, so I don't know her personality.
wild wild rice
(03-31-2017, 10:10 PM)
lol this is semi absurd
mrjohill
(03-31-2017, 10:10 PM)

Nanako was like 8 tho
One (1) Giant Size Novelty Sexual Device
(03-31-2017, 10:12 PM)
One (1) Giant Size Novelty Sexual Device's Avatar

Originally Posted by HeelPower

You can use Mara as your Persona.
BassForever
(03-31-2017, 10:15 PM)

Originally Posted by mrjohill

Nanako was like 8 tho

Nanako wasn't a legit romance option
Megawarrior
(03-31-2017, 10:20 PM)

Or Incubus....lol :'(
demosthenes
(03-31-2017, 10:21 PM)

Hahahahahaha, I have to youtube this later.

name.jpg
mollipen
(03-31-2017, 10:22 PM)

Kinda light spoiler-y?

Futaba is not only younger than you, but definitely acts like it. After you help her with her situation, she comes off as the "little sister" type, especially in the sort of family dynamic that you + her + Sojiro come to form. Also, Sojiro specifically asks you not to date her, seemingly because of how weird it would be.

Makoto 1000%. My order of who I would have went with would have been: Makoto > Miss Kawakami > Ann > journalist > doctor > Haru >>>>>>>>> shoji girl [infinite >s] Futuba. I love Haru's design, but her personality just did not click at all with me. She ended up being more "I want to be her" and not "I want to be with her", because lord that girl has fashion sense right up my alley (and my hair at times is very similar to hers).

My Valentine's Day was super calm and sweet because I didn't dare cheat on Makoto. But, I've heard it can be crazy again in P5 if you don't follow that advice. if I even have the time to do a second run, I want to get it set up timing-wise where I could date them all to see the results, or see the solo results of some of the others. I guess that's what YouTube is for, though.
Swiggins
(03-31-2017, 10:27 PM)

Originally Posted by shnurgleton

TEAM MAKOTO

KraytarJ
(03-31-2017, 10:30 PM)
I really wonder how it'll go for me this time. In 3 I was all about Kirijo but kinda pooched it because that linked unlocks so late so I ended up settling for Yukari and really wasn't happy about it. Then in 4 I just didn't chose between Rise and Yukiko, which led to some guilt on Valentine's Day and one other thing I can't remember.

Going in I'm leaning #TeamFutaba
jack_package_200
(03-31-2017, 10:38 PM)
As of now I have not played the game yet.

Its probably either Makoto or Ann.
iRAWRasaurus
(03-31-2017, 10:38 PM)
This is the true persona 5 thread!
Joyful
(03-31-2017, 10:39 PM)
love cant be contained to one topic
kewlmyc
(03-31-2017, 10:44 PM)

Minor spoilers

She lives with you and your caretaker and the 3 of you sorta form a 3 person family bond similar to the bond between the MC, Dojima, and Nanako in P4. So yeah, dating her is kinda like dating your little sister, especially since you clean up after her like an actual big brother.

To each their own though.
mdubs
(03-31-2017, 10:44 PM)
I think that I'm going to go with Ann with this playthrough, the Lovers arcana has never done me wrong.

In P4, I dated Yukiko way too early in the game, and then regretted it when I got to know Rise. The lesson is to wait until you have everyone before you make these types of decisions.
mollipen
(03-31-2017, 10:46 PM)

In P4, I dated Yukiko way too early in the game, and then regretted it when I got to know Rise. The lesson is to wait until you have everyone before you make these types of decisions.

It's funny to think of it in real-world terms.

"No, I do like you, and I definitely might want to date you, but... I REALLY need to see what this next girl we'll be meeting soon is all about first."
Mattakuevan
(03-31-2017, 10:47 PM)
Glad this thread exists, I will not be taking part.

Have fun peeps.
Blunoise
(03-31-2017, 10:49 PM)
GAF help me out please!!! Who do I choose Futaba,Ann, chiyaha, or sadayo???? I want them all but only one can accept my love
mollipen
(03-31-2017, 10:51 PM)

Originally Posted by Blunoise

GAF help me out please!!! Who do I choose Futaba,Ann, chiyaha, or sadayo???? I want them all but only one can accept my love

NO, yes, bitch, YES
One (1) Giant Size Novelty Sexual Device
(03-31-2017, 10:51 PM)
One (1) Giant Size Novelty Sexual Device's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blunoise

Haru.
Eylos
Banned
(03-31-2017, 10:53 PM)
The doctor is cute, but the description is creepy.
The shogi girl is cute too, but idk

Punch girl for now, before playing it
MisterShine
(03-31-2017, 10:54 PM)

Originally Posted by Ken

Thanks guys! Makoto it is! Or everyone.
LifeBrandRobot
(03-31-2017, 10:57 PM)
Happy there's a Teacher character you can actually interact with.

Plus what they've revealed about her in the trailers have me verrry curious.
Cornbread78
(03-31-2017, 11:11 PM)

Originally Posted by Mattakuevan

Glad this thread exists, I will not be taking part.

Have fun peeps.

How's the tip of your nose looking from the top of your pedestal?

see ya in the OT
Lynx_7
(03-31-2017, 11:18 PM)

I think that I'm going to go with Ann with this playthrough, the Lovers arcana has never done me wrong.

In the original P4 I just dated all of them. It wasn't my fault Mara made me do it.
Gentleman Jack
(03-31-2017, 11:20 PM)

Some questions that seem appropriate for this thread

1) Does it work like P4 where you can max out a confidant with a girl and then not choose to romance?

2) Are there consequences like in P4G if you choose the dating option for more than one girl?

1) Yes

2) There are consequences, but not nearly as severe as they were in P3/P4
Curufinwe
(03-31-2017, 11:26 PM)

And Nanako was 7 or 8 which adds up to 15.

Totally the same thing.
mollipen
(03-31-2017, 11:28 PM)

Originally Posted by Curufinwe

And Nanako was 7 or 8 which adds up to 15.

Totally the same thing.

If anyone read my explanation, I wasn't comparing the two age-wise.
Gentleman Jack
(03-31-2017, 11:31 PM)
Speaking of creepy power dynamics in a relationship, Sadayo's coop gets uncomfortable FAST.
Gbraga
(03-31-2017, 11:32 PM)
Hahahahaha, count me in for the "I've made a huge mistake" crowd after meeting Rise. She's the best.

Makoto 1000%. My order of who I would have went with would have been: Makoto > Miss Kawakami > Ann > journalist > doctor > Haru >>>>>>>>> shoji girl [infinite >s] Futuba. I love Haru's design, but her personality just did not click at all with me. She ended up being more "I want to be her" and not "I want to be with her", because lord that girl has fashion sense right up my alley (and my hair at times is very similar to hers).

My Valentine's Day was super calm and sweet because I didn't dare cheat on Makoto. But, I've heard it can be crazy again in P5 if you don't follow that advice. if I even have the time to do a second run, I want to get it set up timing-wise where I could date them all to see the results, or see the solo results of some of the others. I guess that's what YouTube is for, though.

Damn, this is pretty much my order of "designs I like", before playing the game. I hope it'll end up being the same when I get to know them.

Makoto is the best, but there's a teacher and she's older and bxcvkjocjncnokljhgnn

Fuck this game.
LifeBrandRobot
(03-31-2017, 11:33 PM)

Ehh same age as Rise. Its cool your character is a Highschool student.

Originally Posted by Gentleman Jack

Speaking of creepy power dynamics in a relationship, Sadayo's coop gets uncomfortable FAST.

That's what I want to hear lol. Always love the "older woman" route in stuff.