• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Retro-GAF unite! : Page 4
Chinbo37
Member
(05-13-2013, 08:26 AM)
Chinbo37's Avatar
I really agree that we need an upscaling thread. I could talk about that a lot.

However, most of the information you need is at this amazing page


http://retrogaming.hazard-city.de/
IrishNinja
(05-13-2013, 08:34 AM)
IrishNinja's Avatar
^that's totally my go-to, but sadly it can only answer so many questions, and the wiki previously pointed to has blank pages for most system specific details...i don't mind tweaking shit on my own, but with the above example of the Wii-U, if it weren't for that SHMUP forum i'd never know that the OG wii is better off on its own (for reasons i still don't understand/lament)
Yes Boss!
Member
(05-13-2013, 12:18 PM)
Yes Boss!'s Avatar

Originally Posted by IrishNinja

^that's totally my go-to, but sadly it can only answer so many questions, and the wiki previously pointed to has blank pages for most system specific details...i don't mind tweaking shit on my own, but with the above example of the Wii-U, if it weren't for that SHMUP forum i'd never know that the OG wii is better off on its own (for reasons i still don't understand/lament)

I just did an A/B test since I could hook up the Wii via component and the Wii U via HDMI at the same time. I did not like what I saw so turned it off pretty quick and resolved not to transfer all my old VC titles. I also use my Wiis as my Gamecubes...so now they are just VC/GCN/Wii players. I I just leave 2 Wiis connected to the component link on the Mini...using the same adapters and wires and just plug in the one I want. Wii U does do a solid job upscaling actual Wii games, though. No slouch and a great convenience.
Last edited by Yes Boss!; 05-13-2013 at 02:26 PM.
IrishNinja
(05-13-2013, 12:31 PM)
IrishNinja's Avatar
damn, that sucks. i didn't buy too much on VC (already transferred it over anyway, would prolly have done so at some point for tablet play whenever that's sorted) but i did wanna pick up stuff like konami's Rebirth series at some point. already having my GC via component means i'd really just have the wii for upscaled wii games, of which i do still have a backlog, but damn that's inconvenient...wanna use my WU, but i'd hate to play older stuff and not get used out of the mini, heh.

i just don't get how

a) playing Sin & Punishment 2 on my WU, plugged into my reciever via HDMI

b) playing Sin & Punishment 2 on my WU, plugged into my XRGB via HDMI

in that scenario, b) comes off looking worse...boggles my mind. i might just try it & play with the resolution/settings to see it for myself, its so weird.

on that note: right now the Dreamcast is in VGA > HDMI via the powered converter i found on monoprice, but i could really use to free up a socket in the power strip...is there any other way to just get the VGA cord into the XRGB mini, maybe another cable/adapter i've not seen?
Last edited by IrishNinja; 05-13-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Yes Boss!
Member
(05-13-2013, 12:43 PM)
Yes Boss!'s Avatar
How is the VGA-HDMI->Mini combo look for DC?

My biggest gripe about the Mini is that it does not accomodate the DC. So much so, that I'm just going to get an XRGB-3 soon...partly for to hook up one I've my DCs to the HDTV and partly to check out the hardware and also have more input options. I also want to trial it with my Sony Broadcast (31.2 Hhz only) to see how it handles PCB upacaling on that CRT.
IrishNinja
(05-13-2013, 12:47 PM)
IrishNinja's Avatar

Originally Posted by Yes Boss!

How is the VGA-HDMI->Mini combo look for DC?

i booted up Shenmue 1, Crazy Taxi 2 and Mars Matrix...all looked fantastic. i didn't play with the settings much, and really i probably should've tried stuff like Jet Grind Radio or other more visual games than a few of those choices, but that was what i felt like playing, haha.

I'm thinking Ikaruga and some 2D fighters next time to give it a proper run!
saveweyard
Member
(05-13-2013, 02:00 PM)
saveweyard's Avatar

Originally Posted by IrishNinja

damn, that sucks. i didn't buy too much on VC (already transferred it over anyway, would prolly have done so at some point for tablet play whenever that's sorted) but i did wanna pick up stuff like konami's Rebirth series at some point. already having my GC via component means i'd really just have the wii for upscaled wii games, of which i do still have a backlog, but damn that's inconvenient...wanna use my WU, but i'd hate to play older stuff and not get used out of the mini, heh.

i just don't get how

a) playing Sin & Punishment 2 on my WU, plugged into my reciever via HDMI

b) playing Sin & Punishment 2 on my WU, plugged into my XRGB via HDMI

in that scenario, b) comes off looking worse...boggles my mind. i might just try it & play with the resolution/settings to see it for myself, its so weird.

on that note: right now the Dreamcast is in VGA > HDMI via the powered converter i found on monoprice, but i could really use to free up a socket in the power strip...is there any other way to just get the VGA cord into the XRGB mini, maybe another cable/adapter i've not seen?

Yeah, that is really strange, but then again the Wii U does a lot of strange things (I'm thinking of all the surround sound issues). I guess I'll be keeping my Wii around longer than I thought I would be...


Edit!

Retro-gaf, I need some help with a decision. Should I go with a 13" Sony PVM or splurge and go for a 20" model? Its about a $50 difference. Is the bigger display really worth it?
Last edited by saveweyard; 05-13-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Fine Ham Abounds
Member
(05-13-2013, 06:57 PM)
Fine Ham Abounds's Avatar

Originally Posted by saveweyard

Retro-gaf, I need some help with a decision. Should I go with a 13" Sony PVM or splurge and go for a 20" model? Its about a $50 difference. Is the bigger display really worth it?

This might not really be what you're asking, but...

As someone who grew up and gamed on a 13" until I was 18, and then played everything on a 20" until I got a flatscreen, the 20 felt like the biggest upgrade I've ever gotten. The 13 is going to look less fuzzy (and my 13" Goldstar was the longest lived TV I've ever owned), but I guarantee you if you're used to playing on anything bigger than a 15" monitor, that thing is going to feel like playing on a DS screen.
Devilgunman
Member
(05-13-2013, 07:19 PM)
Devilgunman's Avatar
I'm getting the TurboDuo very soon just because I love shmup and 2D side-scrolling but man, PC-Engine sku is so confusing. Too much add-ons and stuffs.
Darth Pinche
Member
(05-13-2013, 07:32 PM)
Darth Pinche's Avatar
Hey I just discovered SIMM, the Seattle Interactive Media Museum.

Located in the the Armory (food court building at Seattle Center) they have a space where they display functional retro gaming consoles and computers. I played Pitfall on a Atari 2600 and Star trek on a Vectrex system! They have a Genesis, NES,Dreamcast. GC, Commodore 64, Odyssey2, etc and many more there plus tons of games cartridges for each for anyone to play for free.

It was very cool and awesome to get hands on with many classic games.

They don't have website yet but here is the link to their facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/thesimm.org

If you are in the area, check them out and support (they accept donations)
Mutanthands
Member
(05-13-2013, 07:54 PM)
Mutanthands's Avatar
I started collecting again by trying to rebuild my SNES collection. Genesis as well. Then I started to collect some more N64 games. Now I'm looking at GameCube games. English and Japanese for all of them...

It's starting to get expensive.

Luckily, I haven't sold any of my PS1, Xbox and PS2 collection, so I won't have to deal with the twinges of regret when the prices on eBay go crazy (MUSHA, Pocky and Rocky, I'm looking at you). And in a couple of years, EB Games will be the place to be to gets this generation's good stuff cheap.
Chucker
Member
(05-13-2013, 08:22 PM)
Chucker's Avatar

Originally Posted by saveweyard

Retro-gaf, I need some help with a decision. Should I go with a 13" Sony PVM or splurge and go for a 20" model? Its about a $50 difference. Is the bigger display really worth it?

I'm used to gaming on my 47" tv, the 20" I just picked up is a lot bigger than I thought it would be in my head,and thus ideal for what I wanted it for.

I'd say spend the extra $50.
A Black Falcon
Member
(05-13-2013, 08:34 PM)
A Black Falcon's Avatar

Originally Posted by IrishNinja

true, and maybe if another poster wanted to make a dedication thread we could swap em out...but take at look at say your mama-robotnik-level-in-depth N64 thread, that's not so much about modding the hardware but it's as thorough as you can get for highlighting gems, which for me is like half the joy of these threads.

Sure, but all of the threads in that list do that to some degree or other... yeah, the N64 and GB threads are the strongest in their praise for those platforms, but I point out plenty of interesting games I liked in all of those threads.
Asparagus
Member
(05-13-2013, 09:05 PM)
Asparagus's Avatar

Originally Posted by IrishNinja

Also, we're long overdue for a proper Upscaler thread...info for XRGB mini & others is kinda spread out amongst all the above threads, it's be really cool if someone put together a really good catch-all for SCART RGB info, how to get it from various systems, etc.

Hell yes! I had to get rid of my old CRT in a recent move and everything looks like shit on my LCD TV. Another CRT isn't viable right now so I'm kind of stuck.

What are other people using? I like scanlines.

Originally Posted by Volotaire

I have to give this game some love. The AMIGA version. Not the ports. It's Zool.



An amiga thread would be great.


I'm always tempted to buy a 1200, especially with all those refurb units on eBay these days. I'm trying to downsize major parts of my collection though so keep resisting.
Morfeo
The Chuck Norris of Peace
(05-14-2013, 12:13 AM)
Morfeo's Avatar
So I guess we all got the news today that Ace Attorney 5 is getting localized - but only digitally. This made me think about collecting retro games as well. I and probably a lot of other people writing in this and the appreciation threads for the various systems, are heavily collecting all video games, and while video games undoubtably will continue its march towards a more or less digital-only future, will this affect our valuation of older physical games as well?

Recently, we all know prices have spiked for Snes-games and a ton of other retro-goodies, and I am inclined to think that this trend will only continue, especially now that we cant spend our money on newer, physical copies of stuff like AA5, but then I consider my CD's, and even though I have a ton of old CD's from before music went all digital, I actually do not value them anything at all anymore. Its just to inconvenient to use and collect, so I was thinking - will this happend to me and other collectors in the future in regards to video games as well? And will this devaluate the prices of these old games we have collected? I dont know, but I thought it was an interesting thing to think about.
Chiaroscuro
Member
(05-14-2013, 04:23 AM)
Chiaroscuro's Avatar
Shinobi Xbox thread is more like a Microsoft console thread, mixing elements from the original Xbox with the later 360.

I think papersleeves thread better representes the retro gaf mentality of those threads: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492794

Plus there was also a now dead thread for my first console, the Magnavox Odyssey 2: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487694
IrishNinja
(05-14-2013, 04:39 AM)
IrishNinja's Avatar
[QUOTE=Morfeo;57599434]So I guess we all got the news today that Ace Attorney 5 is getting localized - but only digitally. This made me think about collecting retro games as well. I and probably a lot of other people writing in this and the appreciation threads for the various systems, are heavily collecting all video games, and while video games undoubtably will continue its march towards a more or less digital-only future, will this affect our valuation of older physical games as well?

Recently, we all know prices have spiked for Snes-games and a ton of other retro-goodies, and I am inclined to think that this trend will only continue, especially now that we cant spend our money on newer, physical copies of stuff like AA5, but then I consider my CD's, and even though I have a ton of old CD's from before music went all digital, I actually do not value them anything at all anymore. Its just to inconvenient to use and collect, so I was thinking - will this happend to me and other collectors in the future in regards to video games as well? And will this devaluate the prices of these old games we have collected? I dont know, but I thought it was an interesting

ive thought about this a lot too man, and there's some big differences:

with music:
-no fear of losing BC with digital
-audio quality can actually be improved over physical media (lossless flac's, etc)
-no stigma to older stuff necessarily "aging poorly" etc

tons of other differences in budget, scope, market etc - so many revenue streams to be found that tons of scenes can thrive. the way the RIAA doubled-down on prosecution instead of trying to keep up with a changing model should be a cautionary tale to pubs, but it sadly isn't.

to the former bits: absolutely, many people point to aging crowd/nostalgia for the current bubble but i can't see a) an elongated gen & b) the shift you're pointing at towards digital (with few to none of the pluses the format sees on steam/PC) not being big factors as well. the entire concept of ownership is challenged when a title is married to hardware/doesn't migrate like you'd expect it to, moreso when factoring server checks, account problems etc. I just went & hunted down OutRun 2006 because my XBLA copy won't be accessible forever.
saveweyard
Member
(05-14-2013, 04:11 PM)
saveweyard's Avatar
So I pulled the trigger and got a Sony PVM-20M2MDU. It should be here by Saturday!

I'm just hoping the seller packages it well and it survives the trip. I really don't want to pay to ship it back.

It looks something like this:

televator
Member
(05-15-2013, 07:51 AM)
televator's Avatar
Why is my state's craig's list devoid of any PVM TVs?! I'd love a 25" model but all I can find is a 12" model with some other crap that the seller is asking an arm and leg for. Why don't I just roll over and die? /rant
RM8
Member
(05-15-2013, 11:35 PM)
RM8's Avatar

Originally Posted by saveweyard

So I pulled the trigger and got a Sony PVM-20M2MDU. It should be here by Saturday!

I'm just hoping the seller packages it well and it survives the trip. I really don't want to pay to ship it back.

It looks something like this:

Back in 2010 I worked at a small local TV network here in Mexico and I used one of those :O Never thought about it, they're probably great for gaming.
sixteen-bit
Member
(05-16-2013, 12:47 AM)
sixteen-bit's Avatar
Just came across this podcast that discusses buying classic JP games and LDs in bulk. Really interesting listen, lol.

http://s420144560.onlinehome.us/og_o...the_Pound.html
Chucker
Member
(05-20-2013, 02:20 AM)
Chucker's Avatar

Originally Posted by Yes Boss!

Yes, but the SCART cable from your SNES/Super Fami needs to be an actual SCART RGB cable (euro pinout) instead of the JAP 21-PIN (which looks the same as SCART). In other words, you want to pair it with this cable:

http://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/s...-for-sale.html

I'd go all euro SCART pipeline since those cables are more reasonable. The key being that you need to be consistent. In this day in age it is easier to just go all euro SCART. That is what I do.

That is the going price for a cable like that with audio leads...$40.

(gorgeous new Monitor, BTW!)

Finally found a guy on NintendoAge who is making the Scart to BNC Breakout cables. Have one on the way, but now I have to find a Euro Scart SNES cable. The link you provided is out of stock, anybody else know of any other places that sell this sort of thing? (Outside of eBay, I'd LOVE a US seller if possible).
Yes Boss!
Member
(05-20-2013, 04:36 AM)
Yes Boss!'s Avatar

Originally Posted by Chucker

Finally found a guy on NintendoAge who is making the Scart to BNC Breakout cables. Have one on the way, but now I have to find a Euro Scart SNES cable. The link you provided is out of stock, anybody else know of any other places that sell this sort of thing? (Outside of eBay, I'd LOVE a US seller if possible).

I'm not too familiar with the SNES/Super Fami and RGB. But doing a quick look it seem most places are sold out right now. And two different cables are offered, one for NTSC consoles and one for PAL consoles. I'm guessing it is like the Saturn in the sense that you need the right cable for what type of console you have on the console plug end...but the other end is Euro SCART on both that would go to the Euro SCART breakout cable. Hopefully somebody here or in the SNES thread can clarify.
saveweyard
Member
(05-20-2013, 04:59 AM)
saveweyard's Avatar
So I hooked up my Wii to that Sony PVM I posted above (it came in!) and it looks freakin' sweet! And the sound when this monitor turns on, its like I'm a little kid again.

I'm so glad I made this purchase!
RM8
Member
(05-20-2013, 05:01 AM)
RM8's Avatar
JELLY. Wish I could find one of those around here.
saveweyard
Member
(05-20-2013, 05:07 AM)
saveweyard's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rm88~

JELLY. Wish I could find one of those around here.

I actually took the risk of getting one on eBay and the transaction was perfect. The seller packed up the monitor with a lot of care and it arrived very quickly and just as described.

I know that might not usually be the case, but after looking through Craigslist and various other means I decided it was probably the only way I was going to get one.
RM8
Member
(05-20-2013, 05:09 AM)
RM8's Avatar
I live in Mexico, though :P Buying one from any other country is either prohibitively expensive or prohibitively unsafe.
DICKS AHOY
Member
(05-20-2013, 05:10 AM)
DICKS AHOY's Avatar
Is System Shock 2 old enough to be considered 'retro' yet? Since I just sank 10 hours into it after buying it only a week ago. Took awhile to get into but a ton of fun once I got into the flow of things.
saveweyard
Member
(05-20-2013, 05:12 AM)
saveweyard's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rm88~

I live in Mexico, though :P Buying one from any other country is either prohibitively expensive or prohibitively unsafe.

Ah, sorry, didn't read your previous post close enough. Yeah, that's a real bummer.
Chucker
Member
(05-20-2013, 12:21 PM)
Chucker's Avatar

Originally Posted by saveweyard

So I hooked up my Wii to that Sony PVM I posted above (it came in!) and it looks freakin' sweet! And the sound when this monitor turns on, its like I'm a little kid again.

I'm so glad I made this purchase!

I had completely forgotten about that BUZZHUMMMMMMM that crt's make when they turn on. I love it.
Devilgunman
Member
(05-20-2013, 06:58 PM)
Devilgunman's Avatar
Does any body have experience with consolized MVS Neo-Geo? I'm a NG fans but obviously can't afford the AES so I decide to go MVS route.
IrishNinja
(05-21-2013, 04:47 AM)
IrishNinja's Avatar
^we need a Jaguar thread, that'll work! thanks man

Originally Posted by Devilgunman

Does any body have experience with consolized MVS Neo-Geo? I'm a NG fans but obviously can't afford the AES so I decide to go MVS route.

i just bought the scrub Gold X version so nah, but i know there's a few collectors here...wish i could point you to a neo geo thread but i don't know of one yet!
while looking i did notice that an AES (sometimes import) can be had on ebay in good shape for $200-300, sometimes with a game. i imagined it being way worse than that, but yeah, it looks like it's the games that'll get you.
Yes Boss!
Member
(05-21-2013, 04:50 AM)
Yes Boss!'s Avatar
Might as well do a CDi thread while at it. That Burn Cycle!
IrishNinja
(05-21-2013, 05:02 AM)
IrishNinja's Avatar
yeah, i left those in the OP as needed threads - Neo-Geo, Game Gear, CD-I, 3DO and others...really hoping for an Upscaling thread at some point too, i keep wanting to just get the ball rolling but i'm not nearly as knowledgeable on them & would just link to that one site and let everyone else build the OP for me, haha
Yes Boss!
Member
(05-21-2013, 05:07 AM)
Yes Boss!'s Avatar

Originally Posted by IrishNinja

yeah, i left those in the OP as needed threads - Neo-Geo, Game Gear, CD-I, 3DO and others...really hoping for an Upscaling thread at some point too, i keep wanting to just get the ball rolling but i'm not nearly as knowledgeable on them & would just link to that one site and let everyone else build the OP for me, haha

Yeah, I suck at making threads since I've got no skills with a computer :-( An upscaling thread would see a lot of input. Christ, I'm still trying to figure it out.

Too bad fudoh does not post here. I know he lurks though as he asked me about bollywood movies when I was in Munich. But his thread on shmups is a treasure trove (just lengthy!)
Last edited by Yes Boss!; 05-21-2013 at 05:33 AM.
Yes Boss!
Member
(05-22-2013, 02:11 AM)
Yes Boss!'s Avatar
Double post yeah,

But, does anybody have a good setting list for playback on PS2 via the Mini. Currently playing Espgaluda. Not sure what res but I'm using the settings for my wii since that is what is on the Component link. It looks pretty assy, to be honest. Gotta have something wrong. Gradius V looks equally murky.
IrishNinja
(05-30-2013, 05:04 PM)
IrishNinja's Avatar
today's Craigslist pickup:

$40 "or best offer"...this may've been the first time i've ever used CL and not even bothered haggling.

The NES haul alone is amazing - 25 games, and maybe 5 or 6 are throwaways, for me. i found this just looking for cheap N64 games, totally worth making the trip early. feels good!
Chacranajxy
I paid good money for this Dynex!
(05-30-2013, 05:05 PM)
Chacranajxy's Avatar
Jeez. Pretty killer pick-up.
RM8
Member
(05-30-2013, 05:25 PM)
RM8's Avatar
WTF. I need to move to a more retro-gamer-friendly country. That's a fantastic purchase :P Congrats!
Izick
(05-30-2013, 05:29 PM)
Part of me wants to buy the new consoles this holiday. I like new stuff.

But, there's another part of me. There's a part of me that seems a lot less disinterested in the new stuff. There's a part of me that's enjoying watching reviews/retrospectives of older games and series more than actually playing current games.

I've actually considered starting to collect/playthrough the old consoles, generation by generation. Was going to start with the GC/PS2/Xbox era, since I still have a GC in my possession, not to mention I've been really interested in looking at some of the GC games I missed last generation.

Hmmm....not sure what to do.
Cow Mengde
Junior Member
(05-30-2013, 05:30 PM)
Cow Mengde's Avatar
Still so many excellent NES games I never had the chance to play.
Yes Boss!
Member
(05-30-2013, 05:32 PM)
Yes Boss!'s Avatar

Originally Posted by Izick

Part of me wants to buy the new consoles this holiday. I like new stuff.

But, there's another part of me. There's a part of me that seems a lot less disinterested in the new stuff. There's a part of me that's enjoying watching reviews/retrospectives of older games and series more than actually playing current games.

I've actually considered starting to collect/playthrough the old consoles, generation by generation. Was going to start with the GC/PS2/Xbox era, since I still have a GC in my possession, not to mention I've been really interested in looking at some of the GC games I missed last generation.

Hmmm....not sure what to do.

No reason you do can't both. If next gen is anything like this gen than it will be worth it to be on board for retro releases. Wii U/3DS are already paying dividends and I'm expecting XB1 and Ps4 will do so likewise.
Last edited by Yes Boss!; 05-30-2013 at 05:34 PM.
AlterOdin
Member
(05-30-2013, 05:39 PM)
AlterOdin's Avatar
If there is planned a Commodore (64) thread:

Think this was one of the first games I played and still remember it fondly.



Killing nazi's never gets old.
Item_Screen
Member
(05-30-2013, 05:47 PM)
Item_Screen's Avatar
I thought of starting a thread on this before, but being a junior and all, this is a good place to discuss it.

Side-scrolling beat-em-ups with RPG elements! I'm talking about games like King of Dragons, Knights of the Round, the DnD arcade games. And now, Dragon's Crown. There has to be a few I've never heard of. What are some of your favorites in this genre?
sixteen-bit
Member
(05-30-2013, 05:57 PM)
sixteen-bit's Avatar

Originally Posted by Item_Screen

I thought of starting a thread on this before, but being a junior and all, this is a good place to discuss it.

Side-scrolling beat-em-ups with RPG elements! I'm talking about games like King of Dragons, Knights of the Round, the DnD arcade games. And now, Dragon's Crown. There has to be a few I've never heard of. What are some of your favorites in this genre?

Guardian Heroes I guess. D&D collection is really fun.

I haven't played River City Ransom or its sequels, but I always hear people speak fondly of them.

I think that recent Phantom Breaker XBLA game falls into the same genre, but I haven't played it.
Item_Screen
Member
(05-30-2013, 06:01 PM)
Item_Screen's Avatar

Originally Posted by sixteen-bit

Guardian Heroes I guess. D&D collection is really fun.

I haven't played River City Ransom or its sequels, but I always hear people speak fondly of them.

I think that recent Phantom Breaker XBLA game falls into the same genre, but I haven't played it.

How could I forget Guardian Heroes. That's a great one. Phantom Breaker is okay. And then there's Scott Pilgrim. Those games don't really capture the feel of the classics, though. I haven't ever played any RCR games, but I thought they were more like Double Dragon style, with no leveling or gaining exp or anything.
RM8
Member
(05-30-2013, 06:12 PM)
RM8's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cow Mengde

Still so many excellent NES games I never had the chance to play.

Doesn't it blow your mind when people say "well, I'm done with this generation!" these days? Like... well, I'm -not- done with NES games, lol.
Izick
(05-30-2013, 06:20 PM)

Originally Posted by Yes Boss!

No reason you do can't both. If next gen is anything like this gen than it will be worth it to be on board for retro releases. Wii U/3DS are already paying dividends and I'm expecting XB1 and Ps4 will do so likewise.

My only problem would be $$$$, and possibly time.

I was thinking about just getting a Wii U and going with the VC as well, but I hear it's all wacky. Did they really start all over again in terms of what's on the marketplace? I never downloaded anything from my original Wii's VC, but I know it was a large library of games near the end.
RM8
Member
(05-30-2013, 06:25 PM)
RM8's Avatar
Yeah, that's kind of awful. I'm not sure why they weren't able to just "move" their Wii VC library to WiiU, it's basically starting from scratch. On the bright side you can use "Wii mode" and access the Wii store, but then, I already own a Wii.

Thread Tools